Battle of titans...Railjack,TRAP,Phaseshift!!!!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximi, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Ximi

Well,maybe is misunderstanding my signature and my comments. Railjack is the best sniper rifle in terms of damage and bullet velocity,in that aspect is the best. However on battle,depends the situation,other snipers are th best on their aspects.

For example,Ghost/TSAR/SAS-R are the best bolt action snipers for medium distances,however are bad at long ranges and in this aspect there are other snipers better than it,like the Railjack or LA80 (i didnt see much good points on the Longshot over the LA80,other than more damage and bullet velocity) but between this last two,aspects like reload speed and number of bullets of chamber,LA80 is better than the Railjack. But the same tiers on other factions have strong and bad points,some people here only see bad points instead of good,i can do this on Phaseshift too,for example if u put silencer his bullet velocity (or damage,dunno) is reduced from X metters to X and his charge mode have too delay if u want quick headshot kill because have a delay of X seconds to shoot. However his strong points are his unlimited ammo/no bullet drop/charge mode.

And the bolt action snipers are bad at close quarters if u miss a shoot,and the semi auto snipers are better at this aspect,since u can spam shoots after u kill the guy.

So,as u see there is a different situations on some weapons that are better,however if u are a player like elusive1 and u have the best sniper in terms of damage...is an explosive combo. His bad point its his 0.2 delay for shoot,but if u have good aim,this can be corrected and u have the kill.

I cant say or explain better what im trying to say,if u want the best sniper on firepower between all bolt action snipers,Railjack is clearly the best option,if u want dont stay,NEVER,whitout ammo,then Phaseshift is clearly the winner,if u want a good medium distance bolt action then Ghost/TSAR/SAS-R are clearly the best options and since mostly combats occurs inside a base and that snipers are made for medium distances,are the most commonly used and if u want X weapon because X reason then will be the best. We are talking about snipers,since snipers are made for do EXTREMELY DAMAGE in one shot,Railjack is the best.
  2. _itg

If the target moves erratically after you click fire, no amount of skill will make the bullet magically track the target's head. Basically, at 500m, you have to guess where the target will be over half a second in the future, but you can never be sure, since the target can easily change direction in that window. This is totally out of your control. That's what I meant by "luck."

Now, obviously, because you think the Railjack is cool, you've convinced yourself it must be the best, and you're not going to let facts get in the way of your opinion. I'm not going to waste my time making logical arguments if your only response is, "well, I like the Railjack, so obviously it must be better for some reason."

I suppose I should clarify, when I say the Railjack is "bad," I mean, "almost never the best option." You can still do well with it, just not quite as well as you would do with a gun like the Longshot.
  3. Ximi

Oh i dont affecting the outcome of the battle in any way???? As ive said,if i have good aim,then this weapon is good and i can do good work on battlefield. His 0.2 seconds shoot delay maybe can be a bad point but if u have good aim,who cares???? And still u have the kill.

About 500 or more metter for do headshots,its not only Railjack that u do bad work,its on all bolt actions snipers. And u say that Railjack is worse option beyond 300 metters,is not that Railjack have the same scope as other bolt action snipers for long distances??? I mean it have default x7 scope as other snipers (putting off the medium distances ones that have x4 scope)

The bad point is the 0.2 second delay,but u focusing on this aspect only,u only said "Failjack is bad caused 0.2 second shoot delay" but doesnt count his damage and bullet velocity. Since snipers are made for do HIGH DAMAGE PER SHOT,in my opinion,Railjack is the best (see comment above) If u count X aspects of X weapons then X weapons are the best. All weapons have good and bad points,for example Phaseshift is the best for have unlimited ammo,but is worse than Railjack due beign semi auto as default shoots and in the time u shoot the charged mode,Railjack lands his bullet on ur face. Again if u count only bad points then his 0.2 secnd delay is obvously a fact,but im a person that like to see good points of every thing,normally people only see the bad points only if they dont want to see the good,this occurs to me on other aspects of life that i dont tell.

But we are talking about the best sniper on a FPS futuristic game and i repeat,since the snipers are made for do high damage per shot,then Railjack is the best.

I can say either,that i like Phaseshift too,caused his unlimited ammo,but i personally prefer the Railjack caused it does the highest damage per shot.
  4. Ximi

Man,its not the "well,i like the Railjack,so obiously it must be better for some reason" that in fact ive explained before and i explain now,its the best sniper due his damage and bullet velocity,there is no other gun that can do that. U focusing on "have 0.2 second delay while Longshot not" but Longshot doesnt have the INCREDIBLE FIREPOWER of the Railjack. U tell about "if the target moves then u miss the shot" that is another aspect,but still this occurs on the Longshot if u have not very good aim and the target moves quickly on other side,still occurs on semi autos,still occurs on all other long range snipers. His 0.2 second delay its a bad fact,i never negate,but there is not another bolt action sniper that does his high amount of damage,neither Longshot,i repeat,snipers are made for do high amount of damage per shot and on this aspect,Railjack shines. I will say the same if,on any case,the TR make another bolt action sniper superior than the Railjack on damage stats. Then my opinion changes,but since the highest damage per shot is the Railjack,then,in my opinion,is the best,but u only count about his "0.2 second delay that Longshot doesnt have,Longshot rules" let me tell u that,if no Railjack exist,will be my weapon of choice,but its a fact that Railjack exist and have better stats than the Longshot. Its his HOLY 0.2 SECONDS OF DELAY that people dont like because have bad aim,and bad aim before X metters its a fact in every bolt action sniper,below that X metters,0.2 second delay is not that much because targets are closer. And the weapon have the higher damage per bullet than any other weapon.

I can say that u say..."i like Longshot because doesnt have 0.2 second delay" and i say "Railjack is better due his firepower and bullet velocity" this will never ends,so its better to finish this now.
  5. Horrida Messor

Thank you. I did forgot to mention that ) (was at work)

The problem with Failjack is that due to its delay the bullet fired from it hits target after longer amouint of time when compared to Longshot. People even did mathematical calculations on this matter.
    Mathematics proved it - the time between a press of M1 and kill is shorter when using Longshot.
  6. Ximi

Still with the 0.2 seconds fact negativity comments. And i still say the comments above. Please go with ur Phase**** and dont bother me. Thanks.
  7. _itg

I hardly think that 50 extra damage per bullet constitutes "INCREDIBLE FIREPOWER." Within 300m, I guarantee you'd never be able to tell the difference if I secretly switched the damage models on the RJ and Longshot. If they both kill in one headshot or two body shots, minor differences in the exact damage values are virtually irrelevant.
    • Up x 2
  8. Horrida Messor

Did I ever said that Phaseshift is good? Especialy for long range sniping?
    I unerstand - you are feeling frustrated because you've been proven wrong.
    And about your argument about Failjacks higher bullet velocity and damage: I'm sorry but do you even notice damage difference between Jack and Longshot? Where are you aiming at? Feet? Who cares if rifle X has higher damge that rifle Y if target is dead anyway??? Aim for the head and that damage diff wont even matter.
    And one more thing - show your character name so we can look at your aim stats.
  9. Ximi

On normal targets yeah,its irrelevant,but there are the HOLY HAs and MAXes with his shield and his armor and at this aspect,firepower counts.
  10. Horrida Messor

This guy tries to snipe HA's and MAXes instead of high value targets... case closed, gentlemen, case closed
  11. Ximi

Yes,u said that Phase**** is good.

No,im not snipe ONLY HA and MAXes,but when there is only a HA and you,that in fact occurs me a lot,then u need a good weapon for down his shields quickly. Go ahead Vanu freak.
  12. _itg

No, it really doesn't. The odds that you get a kill on a heavy that you wouldn't have gotten with the Longshot are miniscule. They'd have to not be running resist shield, then have their shield drained to a very specific range of values for this to happen. You might get 2 kills over the course of an Auraxium this way.

As for MAXes, the Railjack's poor RoF (and therefore DPS) means it's actually the WORST sniper rifle for killing them. However, all BASRs are pretty bad against MAXes, so it's not a reason not to use the gun.
  13. Horrida Messor

T1 BASR rifle good for long range sniping....wow, thats new one. Still, I'm waiting to see your character name. If you can prove your claim by your stas (with RJ KPH for example) you should have nothing to fear)
    Also, this forum is not the right place to use personal attacks. Just a friendly reminder.
  14. Horrida Messor

Dude, really, we should just ignore him. This guy has no clue what he is talking about.
  15. Ximi

Not that minuscule,ive played on TR side some time ago and one guy shoot me with the Railjack,while i have shields up,u dont imagine at which HP he give me left (one shot of a pistol and i die)

As for MAXes cant be killed by one or two shots of any weapon (different than archer) i mean that if u find a hurt MAX,firepower is essential for kill it. Of course,that weapons are not the best,but ive killed some hurt MAXes with that weapon in 3 shots.
  16. Ximi

And stop please,this is tiring,u all prefer Longshot over Railjack due X reasons and i prefer Railjack over the Longshot due X other reasons,u not going to convince me and i dont convince u. So i stop talking,at the end,i only questioned which one do u prefer...
  17. AF8RailJack

Yeah guys no need to get aggresive at eachother, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

I however do strongly agree with the points made by _itg nd Horrida Messor. Maybe Ximi will understand ur points in the future, maybe not, but its his choice:).

In the meanwhile it would just mean that there is one more person for me to compete with on the stats sheet:p
  18. Plastikfrosch

but it is a good burst fire scout rifle. it only has the false name tag because the other two ES sniper rifles are actually sniper rifles, so they had to call it a sniper rifle too.
  19. Ryo313

they don't had to... you can't call a tomato an apple just because its red. but then again it just suits its name xD
    does TR even have something to compare with the VS and NC ES sniper rifles? i'm just wondering because i usually don't play infiltrator ( only with stalker cloak to annoy and distract the enemy ).
  20. _itg

Almost all sniper rifles in the game are carbon copies across all three factions. The only exceptions are VS semi-autos, which have no bullet drop (but more damage dropoff), and of course the ESSRs, which were the subject of this thread.