Battle of titans...Railjack,TRAP,Phaseshift!!!!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximi, Nov 13, 2015.

1. blackboemmel

Oh, you only read the description but never used the Railjack, right? Sorry, but that doesn't work in PS2. Even trying a weapon in the VR doesn't help. Go to the battlefield, try the Railjack and record yourself hitting moving targets. Then come back with that uploaded and we can continue this discussion.
  2. Ximi

U are right i never used Railjack in combat but on VR room. But im planning to build this weapon on Ps4,paired with diferent pistol than default,thinking on Desperado.
  3. asmodraxus

My 2 cents

Railjack is the only one that IS a sniper rifle and is designed for ranged combat (and yes you can hit moving targets with it) with the fastest bullet velocity of all sniper rifles, neglible drop and high damage.

Phase**** - semi auto rifle limited by the 6x scope (if it was a 4x scope then it might have more use), slow projectile velocity (good luck hitting moving targets or ones at range), the need it has too charge up (up to 0.5 seconds for anything over 199m out too 200m for that one hit kill).

Trap - Scout rifle with a 3 shot burst.

Strangely the sales figures er I mean usage figures reflect this

Railjack is in common use. 671 uniques over the last month on average. Playtime 1066 hours on average.
    Trap is rare. 99 uniques. 48.6 hours used.
    Phase**** is rare. 111 uniques. 49.1 hours used.

So the Phaseshift and Trap need a rethink and or work to make them effective weapons on the battlefield otherwise they might as well be deleted and no one would actually notice (well not many to be honest).
  4. Dualice

The Phaseshift is a fun toy that can be effective in certain situations, but hitting moving targets will be easier with pretty much any other sniper rifle you can think of.

Not use the Railjack, but apparently due to the brief charge-up mechanic, a round from the Longshot will reach its target before the Railjack's, despite the latter having higher muzzle velocity.

The TRAP, I really can't decide if I like it. It is a scout rifle, certainly. But it doesn't really do anything the HSR or SOAS doesn't already. Its higher damage profile might actually be worth something if they toned down the recoil a bit. That being said, I still have fun with it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Casey B

I have auraxiumed the Phaseshift. It's a tricky weapon, the key to mastering it is to realize you only actually need to charge the gun for about .2-3 seconds for it to do it's ohk headshot. Other then that, don't ignore the semi auto function. In a pinch it can take out charging enemies. Semi auto is also better against crowds, since with care you can fire indefinitely while you only get 2 consecutive charge shots before it reloads.

I think for pure KPH potential though TRAP wins.
  6. asmodraxus

Can someone from the development team please explain WTF has the ES sniper rifle issue not been looked at, as the Phaseshift fails to bring anything new simply due to lack of usage and the same can be said of the TRAP

By Kills from December
    Phaseshift 754
    Trap 1447
    Railjack 5424

Users
    Phaseshift 100
    Trap 88
    Railjack 614

KPU Average
    Phaseshift 7.42
    Trap 16.59
    Railjack 8.76

Hours used
    Phaseshift 54.4
    Trap 48.2
    Railjack 343.4

The only weapons used less are the CQC Semi Auto and the Archer.

Might I suggest looking at the basic playstyle of the average sniper (long to mid range 1 hit kill weapons generally favored) and build a new VS / TR sniper rifle around that. Then release an ES Scout rifle and re issue the Phaseshift with closer ranged scouts, and the Trap as is.

Or leave as is, favoring NC.
  7. PanzerGoddess

.....why are we even comparing the Trap in this thread period....almost as if we might think those three weapons are even clearly alike....this thread is a TRAP! EVERYONE...GET TO THE CHOPPA

edit***comparable to any, if your using the trap, your kph better be higher than the other two, unless your baddies are droppin like its hot with "sniper" rifles, the trap is an excellent medium/close range weapon which should net you plenty of kills in highly contested areas, the ammo pool and rof is muchoooo better, my opinion. Then again I use the tsar42 like its my favorite toy.....sitting in trees or playing mountain man staring through a scope does not fancy my taste....it seems well boring and not very tactical, id rather be running a ram 50 with the stock scope boom headshotting people close range while dancing all day.

feel free to whine at me if needed, but this thread is failed comparison....im still confused on what were trying to compare.
    • Up x 1
  8. Blippy

Technically not true, since the VS semi-auto snipers also have no drop. But yes, the Phaseshift is the only sniper that can OHK at range with no drop.
  9. Horrida Messor

I was comparing Phaseshift to other BASR's and technically Phaseshift is the ONLY BASR with no bullet drop (Spectre, Nyx and Phantom are SASR's)
  10. Ximi

So,at the end,the best sniper still is the Railjack :D
  11. Brogan9001

The TRAP is an interesting weapon. It is something of a hybrid between a sniper and a scout rifle. At least that's the impression I have of it. What makes it really interesting is its tactical flexibility. That is where its strength lies. It can perform the duties of both the TSAR and an SMG/SOAS at the same time, allowing the user to adapt quickly to a developing fight as it unfolds.

The Railjack, in my experience, is an ideal counter sniper weapon. That's where I have had the most success with it honestly. It seems pretty mediocre in any situation where the enemy is not standing still, due to that delay.
  12. PanzerGoddess

um....don't confuse the trap with the tsar rofl, the trap is no where near the killing capability of the tsar let alone relatively close to performing the same duties as one.....wth do you people come up with this stuff :eek:
  13. AF8RailJack

Again, counter sniping is where railjack is performing much worse compared to others. (while there are some areas where it could theoretically perform better (like moving targets etc) counter sniping is where u are most disadvantaged with this weapon)

If you personally enjoy shooting at targets that are sanding still, you should try longshot/other alternatives you'd have much more success with them (unless its more than 350m away, where the railjack becomes one of the best for sniping/counter-sniping)
  14. Brogan9001

I didn't say I personally enjoy shooting targets that are standing still. (Granted I'll prioritize those above fast moving targets) I was just saying that, in my experience of using the Railjack, that's what I have had the most success with. The delay always seems to troll me. I wish I got the longshot instead of the Railjack honestly.
  15. AF8RailJack

Yeah, I got u:) But still you'd appreciate the difference of having a longshot against targets that peek in and out of cover (where every millisecond counts:))

I've had the same experiences as you do, usually when i dont know the delay/feel of the weapon well enough, (like semi-autos) where intially i would have most success with stationary targets(headshots). Once you get past that stage you'd start getting to know the positive and negative sides of the weapon:)
  16. Diggsano

Fixed.

And now, every looser NC out there who want to proof me wrong has to 1v1 me at the Test server how "incredible" the Failjack is compared to Phaseshift is. I'll snipe you with my Phaseshift in every Distance you can be rendered, trust me ;)
  17. AF8RailJack

Isnt the default VS semi-auto better at killing stationary targets after 250m?
    (in the case of a sniping duel at render distance) it has better recentre time. (thus quicker to execute the 2 headshots).

What the phaseshift does better than the default semi-auto is not actually sniping stationary targets, its sniping moving ones, since u need 2 charged body shots to kill a moving target(like any other sniper) Compared to the 4 needed for the semi-auto.

If targets are stationary and at render distance(700-800m) then the default semi-auto is clearly better for sniping.

You can also avoid being killed by semi auto by taking really quick shots(thus not remaining stationary for long enough so that they hit the second shot.
  18. nutrega4

Railjack = The best and the coolest sniper rifle :D :)
  19. Mefi

I had some sniping practice at 450m on Esamir, imho Phaseshift is better at extreme range, but only because its scope doesn't obstruct the view. With Spectre I had to switch off UI and use a dot overlay.

But Spectre certainly has by far better stats and handling than Phaseshift in SA mode.
  20. Alexkruchev

If you factor the Railjack's fire delay in with it's bullet speed, it's rounds will at all distances within Render Range for infantry before, or within as little time as makes no distance, the same time as the Longshot. And at any short/midrange shot, the Longshot will actually hit first, making it superior in every respect where one shot headshots are desirable, (Which for a sniper, is always, every time, all the time). The only thing the Railjack has going for it is that 700 damage per shot, but that is a bandaid so that the weapon's DPS isn't massively lower than other BASRs, which due to it's long rechamber and reload times, mean the Railjack is overall a workable, but generally inferior weapon. Admittedly, it puts the TRAP to shame.

I have very little experience with the Phaseshift, but any benefit of it's charged up OSHS potential with no bullet drop is lost with interest for the same reason the Railjack loses, only worse, because the charge up is a lot longer than the firing delay of the Railjack. If both snipers see each other at the same time, and begin aiming and firing as soon as they can secure the one shot headshot kill, the railjack will win over the PHaseshift by a wide margin.

The TRAP? It only beats these other two weapons at distances that SA/FA Scouts would.

I like the TRAP. But it's just that, a TRAP... for you, when you use it.