Battle of titans...Railjack,TRAP,Phaseshift!!!!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximi, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Ximi

As for a sniper,the best one is clearly the Railjack,not for caused the weapon is from NC (this too) but caused it does the best sniper damage in the game.

If u count other things like utilityes like unlimited ammo or burst mode,then the winner are the other two.

So,for me the best is the Railjack in terms of damage per shot,TRAP as for close encounters/burst mode and Phase**** for no bullet drop/unlimited ammo/charged mode.

Which one do u prefer????
  2. blackboemmel

Never played Phaseshift or TRAP. But talking about the Railjack: For me "Longshot" and "LA80" are the better choice. Railjack headshots on moving targets are just lucky hits or super-MLG.
  3. Ximi

Between the LA80 and Longshot tiers,ill take the first,they have better reload speed than the second. But the Railjack is,for me,the best. Not for reload speed,but for firepower and bullet speed.
  4. blackboemmel

Yes, Railjack's firepower is superior. But it's inferior on moving targets. At least for me.
  5. Ximi

Lol why is inferior on moving targets???? On the description says something about "with his incredible bullet velocity is easier to anticipate the movements of enemyes"
  6. Ryo313

TRAP isn't a sniper rifle x'D it may look like one but ...

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  7. Ximi

Im not saying that is a sniper,but a same tier weapon...
  8. AF8RailJack

Because of the 0.2 seconds artificial delay of the shot (which is there to compensate for the bullet velocity). You need to lead horizontally the target (a moving one) a bit more than with a longshot (for distances less than around 300m).

P.S hitting targets out in the open is much easier than the ones hiding behind cover (because leading is much easier than reacting ultra quickly to people popping in and out of cover (especially the experienced snipers))

P.P.S here is a bit of an old topic discussing the pluses and the minuses of the weapons (and some subjective opinions of them)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...oughts-about-railjack-and-equivalents.233425/
  9. Ximi

Yeah,ive started to reading the entire thread u linked,i stopped to read at the page 2 on starts when ive created in his time (im Ximaster on the PC account) ive seen different opinions now,but i still like the Railjack over the same tiers (and i mean Phaseshift and TRAP) The 0.2 second delay maybe is a bad point but dont negate that the Railjack is the best sniper of all factions caused facts explained.

I didnt remember the thread,if ive remembered i will not create that.
  10. _itg

The Railjack would clearly be the best sniper rifle if the only three that existed were the ESSRs. The problem is, all factions have a gun (the T3 sniper rifle) that's better than the Railjack in every single scenario except for OHKing targets beyond 300m (and if you're doing this, chances are you're choosing not to play effectively). As much as people seem to hate using it, the Phaseshift is the only ESSR that offers truly unique functionality, because it has infinite ammo. That's a niche benefit paid for in having to work around an awkward charge mechanic, but it's a niche no other gun will fill.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ximi

I didnt understand the part about "The Railjack would clearly the best sniper rifle if the only three that existed were the ESSRs" because my english is trash.

And about Phaseshift,in fact would be the weapon of choice of every Vanu hunter due the facts explained on my first post of the thread,im at favor of that gun too,but for several reasons is not much famous that gun,and experienced Vanu hunters will prefer Parallax or other bolt action sniper over the Phaseshift.
  12. _itg

What I mean is, if the Railjack, TRAP, and Phaseshift were the only three weapons in the game, the Railjack would be the best one. But since other sniper rifles exist, the Railjack is not good, because other sniper rifles do the same things better. The TRAP and Phaseshift are different from other sniper rifles, so there are some times where these weapons are the best choice, but the Railjack is basically never the best choice.
  13. Ximi

Well,the guy below us,making a youtube videos of the Railjack doesnt have the same opinion,i never seen kills at this distance with that weapon,neither with other. So my opinion still the same as this guy :)

Yes,im referring at this videos:

14. _itg

Those are purely novelty shots, not effective gameplay (the guy in the video never claimed otherwise, nor did he claim the Railjack was a good weapon). Nothing wrong with that, but when judging the strength of a weapon, you need to look at what gun lets you kill semi-conscious targets the fastest and easiest.

For the record, the Railjack can only OHK kill infiltrators at that range, and if the target doesn't stand still like an idiot, it will take a lot of luck to land the hit, no matter what your skill level. If you try to snipe at 500m+, I bet you have a hard time breaking 20KPH.
  15. Horrida Messor

Longshot is better than Railjack simply because bullet shot from Longshot reaches target FASTER due to the fact that Longhost has no artificial firing delay unlike Railjack. If you are doing long range sniping T3 BASR is clear winner when compared to ESSR.
    Phaseshift has the same velocity and max OHK range as XM98 (T1 BASR), how ever in this situation ESSR wins over BASR due to the fact that it has a) no bullet drop (Phaseshift is THE ONLY sniper rifle without bullet drop); b) unlimited ammo and c) semi-auto mode for versatility.
    TL;DR Failjack is worse that T3 for long range sniping.
  16. DarkStarII

Fixed ;)
    The part in brackets is what I added.

But anyway, apart from bolt-action sniper rifles, all VS weapons have not got any bullet drop. Because the Phaseshift is effectively classified as a semi-auto sniper rifle it has no bullet drop.
  17. Ximi

That Failjack does the highest damage than any other sniper rifle.
  18. Ximi

No u are wrong,if u have skill then is not luck,is skill,and snipers need skill to aim and aim is essential if u use a sniper. So if u have skill at aiming then Railjack is not that bad.
  19. pnkdth

TRAP: Treat it as a scout rifle at it is pretty good at what it does.
    Railjack: Learn to shoot-lead targets and landing shots at extreme ranges become effortless. Very satisfying when get into it.
    Phaseshift: Jack of all trades. Fun weapon to use but if you want to "min-max" I would go Ghost/XM98 or V10. Infinite ammo is nice and so is no bullet drop(well, sort of, if you get into sniping bullet drop shouldn't be causing you any issues to begin with). The delay is an issue though since it gets coupled with its rather meh bullet velocity. The semi auto fire nature of the weapon is even worse than other semi auto rifles.
  20. AF8RailJack

I kind of agree that at ranged of 500 or more it gets really hard to land hits consistently, not to mention headshots. Also no1 says that the railjack is bad, It plays a bit differently, you have disadvantage at distances of around 300-50m when compared to T3 snipers, and you have an advantage after 400m. But overall its just another sniper rifle, it doesnt underperform too badly (just a little bit) so if you enjoy the looks, sound and well quirky way of shooting with delay feel free to pick it up:)

_itg is also right that you are not gonna be very effective in terms of helping in battle. thats what he meant by hitting 20KPH while sniping at 500m (I'd love to see someone do that since i think that even 20KPH is too much at those distances)
    If you want to be helpful in battle as a sniper you'd need to score at least 60-70 if not more (personal opinion).

If you want to just have some fun and not die. Then you can pick up the railjack and snipe at 500m+ all you want.:) But you wont be affecting the outcome of the battle in any way:)