[Suggestion] Balancing Suggestions To Retain Player base.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by darktr00per4, Jul 22, 2023.

1. FlashBang

They already nerfed infils into the ground. I litterally get shot 60 yards away if moving they increased our visibility so much already that the class is pointless. Just cause you got schooled on a max doesn't mean there is a problem it means you played bad. Don't run through fields solo in a max suit because infils are too fast for you. It was just a bad play on your part.
    • Up x 1
  2. Westphilly0

Holy **** the level of delusion from you people and the guy above me is insane.You should be a politician, say so much yet absolutely nothing at the same time in context

It would almost be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad and at the expense of this dying game.

Haven’t played since last year and I’m glad to see some things never change
  3. darktr00per4

It was not me it was another player that I witnessed. The infiltrator class is still out of balance and needs some rework and adjusting to solidify a better role and usefulness for the class besides cheese tactics.

I would prefer you bring more to the conversation than just "my main class is fine. don't touch, you bad." Leave the reddit toxicity on reddit. Many many players in the community and on here have already voiced and would agree that some change needs to happen and you can either be a part of the conversation and bring ideas or you can continue the none helpful posting and wait for the Devs to make a change you will cry and hate about later.
  4. darktr00per4

Which is exactly how we got where we are in the first place. the Devs appease the reddit forum more than this forum and created band aid fix after band aid fix to the redeploy cheese side we currently have.
    • Up x 1
  5. darktr00per4

You two need to bring more to this conversation then a mouth breathing pissing contest. Ego's aside and come up with useful ideas for the class, work to compromise instead of trying to piss each other off.
  6. Westphilly0

How about make them visible on NV scopes and thermal’s again at least for a start

Nothing more I can say that hasn’t already been said at this point
    • Up x 4
  7. JibbaJabba

The fix: move the cloak to a weapon slot. Same time to decloak on fire as it takes me to switch weapons.

/dustshands. Done. Fixed.

If you wanna crank up invisibility to full after that, be my guest. Hell, buff the duration while you're at it, I don't care.

It will never happen. Even Mithril is an infil. lol.
    • Up x 1
  8. FlashBang

Bumping his own post 3 times in a row... are there mods here?
  9. darktr00per4

Irrelevant posts on 2 different threads instead of contributing to the conversation? is there a mod in here? I'm keeping thread alive on issues so that the community has an opportunity to discuss them. Id rather have a group of people discuss ideas and changes then listen to the same 3 people in an echo chamber.
  10. JibbaJabba

Dev ain't listening. And if anyone gives a suggestion they are shouted down.

I posted in this and those other threads what I said would take to make me come back. I'm apparently wrong about it. :p
    • Up x 1
  11. darktr00per4

Well no offense but its not all about exactly what you want sometimes you have to compromise which is why the community needs to stick to one forum and the Devs should be enforcing that, Instead (such as earlier today) the Devs promote the Reddit forum instead of their own forum. Instead of promoting community engagement in the forums for better ideas and policing toxic posts, the Devs turned to a third party forum that began all the problems in this game in the first place.

Maybe I'm just optimistic and want to see this game better but watching the player numbers as they dwindle faster and faster each month makes me wonder if its far to late. Seems as though the games on life support for patching and basic fixes.
  12. JibbaJabba

I'm unable to compromise with someone on a solution who does not see a problem. When I try to express the problem I'm shouted down.

In a rare occasion you can get an infil main to understand the problem and then you can discuss solutions. It's pretty sweet when it happens because they realize that *gasp* you aren't out to ruin their gameplay. The solutions to the problem aren't so far fetched.

Alas. People cannot even admit a problem exists so discussion, let alone compromise, is not really going to happen.

At some point you have to just put a foot down and say "that group knows what they are talking about and make logical sense, that other group does not".

I mean look at Flashbang there chewing you out and giving you the 100% predictable "learn to play". When I finally quit I was over 9k hours. Maybe if I had just suck it out for another 4-5k hours I finally could have learned that the infil isn't broken after all. LOL F'n hilarious. You can't have a rational conversation with these people dude.
    • Up x 2
  13. darktr00per4

I understand what you mean and unfortunately getting the other side to try to compromise or work with you is extremely difficult especially when its their main character. Sometimes you have to try and rain them back into the conversation and move them away from the Basic braindead forum **** posting that occurs as they produce a weak defense to the suggestions made.
    • Up x 1
  14. FlashBang

Jibba you saying infil main is just too telling. Do you think those guys that have all double star slots have a main? They may have a faction they like but they don't main anything they play what they need atm. There is nothing wrong with role playing, but we are having too different conversations. If you would have put some time on infil would would have learned to counter them. They are not your enemy you are.
    • Up x 1
  15. Somentine

To start off, I didn't ask for your explanations, I asked a simple question: can you see the Infils in these videos before they de-cloak. You've gone off on some bad rants, but I still didn't get the answer.

1. Brightness doesn't affect shimmer.

2. That isn't true potato settings, it's just really high gamma + a mix of high and low settings. True potato died a few months after the dx11 update.

3. Mixed settings (this vid) let's you spot Infils better in some situations, medium is the supposed best overall setting for spotting Infils, and high/ultra are really good in certain situations where there are a lot of particles and differing lighting, but suffer from screen clutter and FPS hits in larger fights for the vast majority of players.

4. What 'pre-patch' are you referring to? Whatever it is, this is some time after the November 17, 2022 Update as they are headed to the new capture point in the Ikanam Bio Lab on Amerish.

5. Not really against this point, but: their choice of armour is near irrelevant; all current armour models for everything but NSO lack the extra shapes that make the 'cloak' layering stand out. Rounded edges help, but isn't as big a part. This post shows it pretty clearly: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/y2fp3g/why_the_nso_cloak_is_so_much_more_visible/

6. Gonna touch on this at the end, because you've brought it up before and it is a key point that (I think) we can actually agree on, about the consistency of graphics and visibility of the cloak.

I highly suspect that isn't true, and I have even offered to test this (and other claims) in game with you in an earlier post in this thread. Offer is still there.

The reply to the first video was a decent try. This one is unbelievably bad.

1. This dude is minimum 4x the infantry player you are. If he 'lacks skill', then you are absolute garbo.

2. He did check the 'doorways'. There was no one there on his screen, and unlike in the first clip, you can't blame it on graphics as he specifically increased them for this one.
    2a. You can see them looking at the stairs and then start to swing to the generator right before they get shot.

3. I said this above, but you never answered the question of whether you could see them or not. We know the answer is 'no'. It is no 'lack of skill' to not see something that is invisible.

4. Your assessment is like some 8 year old trying to call out a pro/semi-pro athlete; you're so far off base and ignorant of wtf you're talking about that the only people you are convincing is yourself and other trash infantry players.

Yep.

The only 'peabrain' is anyone who actually thinks your terrible clip means anything.

If I were to rip into how bad you played in that clip I'd get banned before I could even hit 'post reply', it's that bad.

I'd say it was a good attempt, but that would be a boldface lie. It was terrible, try again.

------

As for the part you might actually agree with, at least somewhat, that I mentioned before:

You've brought up graphics a number of times. True potato settings is long dead (which was lowering most settings further than in-game allowed through the .ini), and now nearly everyone uses a mix of in-game supported settings. If these are the game's supported settings, then there should be no (or realistically as little as possible) differences between them in regards to cloak. This is also true of NSO, which heavily suffers.

In no case should a player be visible in one situation for one player and not for another. Cloaks need to be consistent; the easiest way to do that is just making them 100% invisible at all ranges and balance them around that. A second option is to make them all more visible, even at longer ranges, so that no matter what graphics setting or model, they are partially visible no matter what, and re-balance (buff in other ways) them based on their new visibility. An example (though not perfect) is from HOTS (the gif once you scroll down a touch): https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/her...a-new-look-for-stealth-in-heroes-of-the-storm

Small note, things like being able to remove player spots on yourself by entering cloak are very strong aspects that are often unknown or ignored.

Another point that you continually bring up, and ties into the above, is that you say you (and others) can see cloaked Infils no-problem. Now, first off, even in your clip, where you have an ideal situation to spot an Infil, it still takes you nearly 3 seconds to fully aim and shoot at them. The other players you've linked in that Reddit post, who I've personally seen run by me, or who I discredited with simple stats showing they actually have the lowest KDR against Infils, are equally as questionable.

But let us pretend you are correct, that some players are just able to see Infils easily, then the ability suffers a similar problem as it does with graphics; inconsistencies. If you have a constant problem of some people saying Infils are entirely invisible, some saying they can see them some times and not others, and some saying they see them easily, then you have a problem of consistency across your player base that shouldn't happen, and there has been complaints since the launch of this game about Infil's cloak.
  16. JibbaJabba

Yep!
    All of us do. We all mix it up but we have our favorite class, and we typically have a "main" vehicle while having skill in the others too.
    Some of the deadliest guys out there are Heavy mains who CQB bolt as a side hobby. But they aren't really part of the problem in the actual discussions. Folks like that know good and well that the cloak is broken as ****.

So yeah. It's the "infil main" that is the problem. And there lots of ASP 2 ones. They are the problem because cognitive dissonance isn't going to allow them to believe they are playing with an advantage. Everyone wants to think it's because they are good.

You're one of 'em aren't you? An infil main. Is some other infantry class your top?

it's aight. I was a HESH (HE back then) and NC Max main back years ago before the nerfs. I lied to myself lots.

You're using a "learn to play" argument which is ****. And you made a Hell of an assumption there. But ok fine. How much time? How much time should I play as infil before I can come back and you'll listen to me. Give a number. What's your infil time logged?

eyeroll, wtf does that even mean?