[Suggestion] Balancing Suggestions To Retain Player base.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by darktr00per4, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Somentine

The 3 CQC bolts are all the exact same weapon just with different skins, and they're only like 300 kills behind your TOP (read: BEST, read: GREATEST, read: MOST KILLS) weapon. 8.3k total kills vs like 8.6k total kills with your Javelin Hydra.

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=iiiilockdowniiii&show=weapons
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=o0generalsektor0o&show=weapons
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=o0oordoso0o&show=weapons

Just... lol.

Maybe less time as a keyboard warrior talking trash on a dead forum would help.
    • Up x 1
  2. JibbaJabba

honestly camping a sunderer I don't find as toxic as merely using the cloak itself. The former can be countered, the latter cannot.

But yes, the class does promote a bottom feeding playstyle. Why save your buddy when you can let him get killed then decloak when his killer is reloading? Hate the game though, not the player. That's the sort of stuff you *should* do when you have a broken game mechanic at your disposal.
  3. Roo_Original

Ps2 player, you're the cancer we do not want playing the game.

edit: Oooof he's so proud of the time he spent behind his screen. Big yikes and biiiiiig cringe.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kablooey

Touch the infil class and many like myself will leave the game.
    This game has been one nerf after another for years.
    If you like to sit still in one spot and shoot - this aint the game for you.
    Infils keep you and the game moving along.

Theyve ruined so much of what attracted me to this game, this would be the final straw.
  5. Somentine

Don't touch the infil class and many like myself will leave the game.
    This game has been one nerf after another for years, except for Infils.
    If you like to sit still in one spot and shoot - this aint the game for you, unless you are an Infil, then you can sit in one spot because invisibility.
    Infils keep you and the game from moving along.

Theyve have ruined so much of what attracted me to this game, this would be the final straw.
    • Up x 1
  6. Botji

So many focusing on the, relatively, few CQC bolty snipers when they argue for why its a skill issue rather than balance issue with the cloak being so powerful.

Bolties are just the weapon on the extreme end of the spectrum but they can struggle against more than 1 opponent and do require at least a half decent skill/aim, though being invisible and getting the latency advantage is a massive assist ofc.

But what about SMGs?
    Its not like a Infiltrator appearing with the latency advantage and has a pocket Gauss SAW with slightly higher RoF WONT kill you damn near instantly as well(from your perspective due to latency). With headshots the TTK on the Gladius is ~0.24 seconds, thats barely something you can react on especially considering the latency could easily be something like 0.1-0.2+ even with a good connection.

Ofc its not exclusive to the Gladius, I just used it as a example because how silly it is that there is a SMG NC Infiltrators can use that have the 200 damage model AND higher RoF than the actual Gauss SAW. Pretty much all SMGs have very low TTK and unlike a Bolty quite a few of them are more than capable of taking 2-3 people down in little to no time at all, if you nuke the first guy by surprise you can just spray the other 1-2 down as you still have the initiative advantage on them unless they were all looking at you when you decloak.

SMGs are not much better than allowing Infiltrators to have shotguns imo, both are equally absurd with the advantage that the cloak delay gives that a whole bunch of people have legit or not so legit due to their connection not being the best or simply people who have realized that having a bit of a latency is a big advantage when they are the one attacking(which is something every half decent player knows is the way to play the game instead of being passive/defensive) so they simply 'give' themselves some latency. Its easy to convince themselves that its not cheating since they are just simulating a worse connection hundreds/thousands of other players have and use.

The way to fix everything is simply adding a 1-2 second delay after decloaking before Infiltrators can take actions. Its kinda stupid that the cloak should even be used as a offensive tool to give you an advantage on people looking your way rather than a positioning/disengagement tool.

Like I already said, with that change it would then be easy to buff the different cloaks to make them more effective at what they do. Armor cloak could for example be made to give its bonus for the entire duration and maybe even a couple of seconds extra after decloaking at the cost of not getting the less visible and longer duration cloak that the others would get.

Tbfh its quite easy to argue that the 'nerfed' Infiltrators cloak would actually be stronger than now, just not in direct combat(aside from Armor cloak ofc).
  7. JibbaJabba

I've already left because they failed to fix the infil. They should have nerfed it a decade ago. They are so scared of you leaving they let 100 others leave instead.

Go ahead buddy. Keep playing the class that *everyone* is better at and tell yourself it's balanced but you're just that good.
    Meanwhile everyone at a disadvantage will slowly quit.

The game will die when it's just 100% infiltrators remaining. Walking around not finding each other. LOL.
  8. Mechwolf

Another nerf infil to the ground rage thread? aren't these getting old? Who made this? A heavy main?
    • Up x 1
  9. darktr00per4

This goes for everyone in this thread. If you are not going to bring anything relevant to the conversational and you have just come to post and create ignorant arguments because its your main character then you are not needed here. These are issues that need to be fixed in order to maintain a solid player base. Like it or not the truth is this game is dying and the player base is leaving because of issues like this that are going uncheck and unresolved. Now you can either wait for it to hit the Devs wallet and let them force a change you will hate or participate in the conversation and come up with ideas on how to better balance and rework the class.
  10. Ps2 player

thanks for your input, people like you dont bother posting your actual complaints why they leave the game, i frequently ask random players and new players in-game what they like and dont like about this game Via private messages and this is exactly the type of stuff i hear from them, which is exactly why i dont listen to the narrassitic players on heres opinions because 90% of the time they are simply not true lmao, been saying this for a long time people left the game because of all the nerfs, and its the subreddits fault because thats where most of those kinds of people flock too, and somehow, the devs listen to it.
  11. Ps2 player

hey guy, even if you showed those aurax's they arent even hard to get at all on those guns. its not hard to CQC snipe in this game, all you have to do is slap on a 3.4,4x reticle of your choice, lower your aim down sights sensitivity and wait till the players head is in your crosshairs. also the ghost isnt impressive at all, VS has no bullet drop gimmick.

another thing, its not hard to aurax ANYGUN in this game, it doesnt even proove how good of a player you are. do you want to see my candy cannon video?? i auraxed that just by simply farming the middle of oshur, if you want to aurax any gun quick, just farm noobs in the middle of any continent region at 3 way fights. . . Also, clear proof this video shows that its not the cloak of CQC sniping being the problem, its the PLAYERS LACK OF SKILL AND AWARENESS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

JusT LoL.. . .
  12. Ps2 player

i think 100 redditors who complain about the same thing in in different wording but the same context leaving the game would actually be a good thing as they are the ones who have ruined the game for all the ones who actually left the game already.
  13. Somentine

No aurax is hard to get, it's all just a matter of time, and I'm not sure why you're bringing it up (twice) as it is nothing I said. Let's also not backtrack or move the goal posts here; you criticized my playtime and total kills despite not knowing that all 3 weapons are the exact same, and their total being only ~300 less than your weapon with the most kills. Never mind the 200+ hours of Infil I have.

You won't accept anything, and no matter what it wouldn't be good enough for you. If I had 10k kills, you'd say 15k. If I had 15k, you'd say 20k. If i had 20k you'd say that weapon was easy. If I had 2 weapons with 20k, you'd say they were both easy. If I had 3, you'd say I just farmed Sunderers. Or you'd say that the ~8 KDR 1.7 KPM is easily achievable despite, of course, not even coming remotely close to it yourself.

It's not hard to use any weapon in this game, especially as Infil. The cloak allows you to position and get free alpha damage on players even 10x your skill level. In fact, that is nearly entirely my point about Infil.

No, the Ghost does not have the 'no bullet drop' gimmick. It is identical stat wise to the TSAR and SASR.

Answered above.

Not hard when you are invisible and can instantly pop out of stealth... or when you are literally dropping behind people coming out of spawn. Even more so when you do it to people half AFK. You're so close to getting it, but ego or some ridiculous mental block is just stopping you from admitting what is right in front of your eyes.

I would love you to spot this before it pops up (we both know you're going to say you saw them, but for anyone else who is reading and isn't lying through their teeth):

or here:

You have this crusade against reddit, which I don't even blame you for, it was a cesspool of bads with massive egos, but you are so out of touch from the reality of the game that you seriously think losing players would be good.
    • Up x 1
  14. JibbaJabba

Aye it's nuts.

It's like "clientside on tap".

You don't even need a corner to work with. You can just clientside from the middle of a field of daisies.

It's so hilariously broken.

You can't explain it to them though. it's tied to the ego. They already know they get their butt kicked when they play another class so they run back to the cloak where they find success. Making them admit that success is largely due to using a broken game mechanic would also make them admit stuff that's painful. Won't happen.
    • Up x 2
  15. JibbaJabba

Nope. Most recent "main" before I quit is probably an LA?

[IMG]

Note the zeros. When I was a noob I played infil and logged some sick hours on an NC max. I sucked and it was fun.

But now... someone with my hours in the game has no business playing max or infil. Those classes are broken and I'll just turn into a rage quit factory for new players.

And yea bub, the cloak is broken. Lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

Trying to brush away a real problem with the game under the guise of "nerf are bad wharblegarble" isn't intellectually honest.

Fix the cloak and I'll come back. otherwise, enjoy your game.
  16. Zipr

You can't explain it to them though. it's tied to the ego. They already know they get their butt kicked when they play another class so they run back to the cloak where they find success.

First Happens to already be multiple FPS games without such feature rich content... Technically Planetside recently had such a game! Maybe learn to tank OR Especially AIR

Whew, that 2nd video tho says alot Not sure I can even help break down all the wrongs You enter a doorway and STOP (Never gud) Then it appears you may have thought to hightail it out of there Nope, not normally No Standing still (Especially Running Forward or backward) means every potential bullet (not counting spread) is most likely going to hit Much easier to HS (Multiplier)

Keep checking "KDR"s and try an watch exactly what some folks is doing or not doing Always going to be different scenarios So be prepared to learn an relearn

Study up on options and attachments Focusing on best case usage ie. Running from one base to the next? May hope to not be running a shotgun at least w/o slugs

But yeah, for some folks... May not even be much of an edge But the ability to cloak can seem to help counter measurable skill gap No substitute for aiming tho Lotta playas. you either HS OR Get to try again...

peace, Zip
  17. Yaesu

Infiltrators, more to say, stalkers, have ruined this game for a lot of people. They are not the sole reason of course, but of the people, family and friends, who I start playing this game with, infiltrators were right up there as the reason they ended memberships to eventually leaving the game all together. Hell, I certed out a stalker myself to fight fire with fire and noticed how I was able to stay alive longer than 3 to 5 minutes. Rarely seen that on my engineer. Was constantly being wasted by stalkers trying to do the job of an engineer. And before someone who lives as an infiltrator tells me to "get better" or "get skilled", I will tell them to try and pull their crap VISIBLE for a change and see how that works for them. Something everyone else in the game, except them, do.
    • Up x 1
  18. AgentX

Overall, I think significant balance change are the last thing the game needs at the moment. Very much aware these can be considered 'balance changes' but my point is we should provide suggestions that are fundamental and be met with the least amount of controversy/resistance to change:

1.) Remove CTF

2.) Significantly reduce the amount of RNG lootbox and/or ISO-4 cost of acquiring implants.

3.) Buffing Sunderers/AMS Galaxy & Routers or really just make providing logistical support more fun and rewarding so fights stay active.

4.) Optimize client/server performance and fix map/terrain bugs (like falling through the floor/getting stuck).

5.) A classic version of continent X every so often would be awesome.
    • Up x 1
  19. darktr00per4

I agree with you very much but these controversial issues need to be fixed as soon as possible in order to help stop the bleeding, more players will leave due to game play frustrations and imbalances than over graphical glitches and bases that can be skipped. The sooner the community talks and figures these things out the sooner we can have a better game before the devs decide to implement a nerf that everyone hates.

I will happily jump in on a seperate thread on those issues you posted. Ill touch on a few points: I believe the CTF should be replaced with the LLU run from PS1, I believe hacking main terminals for bases should be required in order to start a cap. MAX units should be able to be revived but only fully repaired by engineers. Sunderers are already very strong but I would like to see a buff to Galaxies for damage resistance and to bring in the load star to allow for transportation of a sunderer instead of using a gal as a spawn point. I would absolutely love to see some optimization and performance fixes so we can increase player combat count.
    I don't think the implant boxes will go away any time soon as they want to make some money instead of instilling a $15 a month subscription.
  20. Somentine

The only problem is that the longer you put off a lot of balance changes to core issues, the harder and harder it is to make those changes without upsetting people, and the harder it is to regain those players you lost in the meantime.

It also fuels the bad arguments/excuses like, "Well it's been X long, if there was a problem with it then they would have changed it by now."

Further, because it gets harder and harder to make balance changes the longer time goes on and they don't want to upset people, you get band-aid changes on top of band-aid changes in an attempt to appease both sides, and they almost exclusively neither appease either side nor solve the problem.
    • Up x 3