Attention All Forum Users: Bringing Order to the PlanetSide 2 Forums

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 2, 2013.

1. whitupiggu

Funny how 90% of the whining stopped with PU02. If only it hadn't taken SOE a year to nerf nanoweave. NC still needs a cheaper CQC LMG and carbine though.
  2. Ketadine

Did it ? It just changed once the major performance issues have been fixed the old balance problems started popping up again (and new ofc). Most couldn't see then as the game was not working well in general, but now, they are visible.
  3. whitupiggu

NC kept whining constantly and forumsiders were still raging at each other until PU02. Now we just get the occasional TR whining.

I doubt even SOE knew the nanoweave nerf was going to benefit NC more than the other factions since it was directed specifically at snipers.
  4. Ketadine

That could have been addressed really easily with an increased headshot multiplier and an increased max damage range, same as in the BF series.
  5. Wezdor

Most of this is your personal opinion that a lot of people, including me, would disagree with. You can't project your own stand on the game to the whole community.
  6. CazadorDeLaBruja

Well said... Dont let that angry person get you down Luperza!

This Girl is in your Corner!
  7. NathaelP

I need help somebody please my account is no longer working for some reason and every time i log in it says i need to make a new account or g99 :(
  8. 10thRMDredd

Guys...
    There are a lot of us. There are few support staff.
    A lot of us are total and utter imbeciles. Their staff however, have to deal with all.
    It is virtually impossible for the 'face to face' literary contact some of you are requesting.
  9. AdmiralArcher

well, he isnt really wrong, he just isnt putting it delicately

his problems were
    1. AV turret still not rendering, needs range limit
    2. weapons are either overpriced for their actual use or are pointless (i dont agree 100%, but i do know that some guns render others useless, such as the lynx vs the jaugar, the jag is better on every account where the lynx is more situational)
    3. in the past year, SOE has released content that had issues to begin with, whether they were too powerful or what not, the community saw it coming, and SOE didnt move fast enough, for example, ZOE. other content that has been released was nerfed shortly after, for example, all 3 ESRLs were nerfed a few weeks after they were released, the striker IMO is garbage, the lancer is too situational, and the phoenix has the most annoying audio ever (just sayin)
    4. i never thought about it but he is somewhat right, before lattice, it was just hexes, enemy movement(when not monitored) was unpredictable and assualting bases was a little bit different, now many zergs can be stopped because of how easy they are to predict where they will go, this has lead to the over-simplification of the game, there are no more real tactical decisions, you just have to pick which of the 3 lattice lanes that is your favorite for getting stomped by the other faction and go.
    5. rendering hasnt been an issue for me, although hitching remains to cause problems, i avoid big battles since my FPS drops to unplayable levels (5-9)
    6. one of the things that he didnt address was the recylcing of weapon models
    i understand that it takes time to build stuff, i myself have made a 3d autodesk inventor model of the mag cutter, the PS1 chainblade, and the force blade
    it takes a while just to do that, and making guns has to be harder
    i get that when the guns were put in, SOE was looking for quantity over quality, and at first it worked, people didnt care because the game was beautiful and new and big, but now that the game has been forced to take quality reductions for preformance people have started to notice the woefully inadequate gun models
    the VS were the first to get an update, which i have to admit was great, their guns sound and look cool now
    but when does the TR and NC get update? right now, most of or guns use upper recievers that come from 3-4 base recievers, match this with the handfull of barrels and lower recievers and magazines and pitiful buttstocks and you have the TR arsenal
    i would really like more diverse gun models and sounds for the TR and the NC, it would go a long way to making the game look and sound better, there are other issues that i have with the game, but most of them have been addressed again and again and again by players already. we have no way of knowing if yo read them, or actually take out suggestions into consideration, i would hope that you do, since i have spent a while typing up my thoughts only to see the thread get locked from people going off topic or for the thread to subside into the abyss because hte whole of the forums is done with it and have moved on, while there is still no word from the devs

i really love this game, i dont care if i cant play it well due to hardware problems, its still a lot more fun than BF4, i just wish that there was the level of community involvement and dev/player interaction that SOE promised near launch, of course there are some community things here and there, but i have never seen SOE give anyone on the forums credit for an idea, which kinda goes to show how much the devs have pulled from the forums as far as ideas go, the only thing i have seen is little commendations for youtube videos and other things such as that

i want to see growth, and i think the rest of the players do too, they want hossin, and they want new stuff, but they also want the game to be fun, and putting in more interesting guns and models and VOs and sounds and fixing the models on many other things like the prowler would be one step closer to regaining more players

thanks for all your hard work luperza, i hope you consider some of the things i have said, or that "shadowkaht" suggested

(the point wasnt to sound rude or condescending btw)
  10. LunacyStudy

What do you mean, Luperza can't personally communicate with thousands of people instantly using psychic powers alone? OUTRAGEOUS!
    • Up x 1
  11. BLDO

Hey Luperza, I would really like to get some feedback on these suggestions of mine to improve the forums? Mainly since I wrote down some things in the ideas/suggestion section of the forums, which I think could be really cool for PS2 to have and such (and many people with me). Below I have copy pasted the post I made earlier.

Good to know, I as well thought you didn't pay attention to your forums. Ok, so here are a few things I would like to see changed/improved for the forums.

1. (At least for the ideas and suggestion section of the forums) Make the original post editable at all times. This way you can create (for example a vehicle idea) a thread which best suits everyone's needs. For example: the original poster posts an idea and someone else says; Well hey this might be good and the original poster agrees. He can then incorperate the idea into the original post. Like this the devs can easily see in the original post what/how the people like the idea the most. (For example: I made some vehicle suggestions on the forums. Some people like the idea of the driver and gunner both having guns the most, while other people rather see the driver not having any guns). If you give the original poster the opportunity to change it, so that both idea are on there and that he can count votes and such for them, you have a good overview of what the majority would like to see.

2. Assign one or more devs to give the community feedback on their ideas (if you don't, people will think the forums are deserted and by providing feedback, you create a better relationship between the devs and the community/players). It doesn't have to take to long, they can just watch and give feedback for all the threads on the first page of the title (ideas and suggestions for example).

3. Filter the posts on likes. The posts with the most like should be on top.

4. If a post is unconstructive/inappropriate, the dev should close the thread. A thread should probably also be closed when it has been implemented or when it is clear/obvious to the dev that the idea will not be used.

5. If a thread belongs in another section, it should be moved there. For example: vehicle discussion is posted in Ideas and suggestion, it should be moved to vehicle discussion.

Let me know what you think :). I for one think it would make the forums better.
    • Up x 1
  12. terrascorn

13. CowPie

If you only hear what you want to hear then continue to remove negative posts. Some of feel we are not being heard. I personally have played since beta and I HATE the direction of this game. I have noticed that if people complain about the game they may get their posts deleted. You claim to listen to the players so listen to this. Take the criticism seriously. Stop playing god and removing stuff you don't want to hear. Develop a thick skin and take the good with the bad. If we think the changes in the game suck then LISTEN. IF we think you are a moron for ignoring us well then maybe it's because we don't think anybody is listening and we actually care. I love the way this game was. It's been a great game...none better. But the direction with this lattice and the cluttered up bases has ruined the game play. I happen to be one player that has stayed around and tried to teach new players and post suggestions and make comments that try to be objective but I'm tired of being shot down. This trend started with the redesign of Esamir and now Amerish is a mess. Will it ever go back to the old design if players cry out to put it back? Is SOE actually listening? I doubt it. They can't Even be trusted with secure information. Servers get hacked and accounts get messed up and still we have new vanity items instead of fixing the bugs in the game. How many players per server are there now compared to 6 months ago? How many players just leave instead of making passionate comments because they care about the game enough to express their love or hate for the direction? Is it too hard to just take the comments and stop playing GOD. I have money in this game via membership and purchased items and then you change it and I feel ripped off. You better start listening because when you stop this game will be gone.
    • Up x 1
  14. NovaAustralis

What's the problem with 'necro'ing old threads?! o_O

So what if a thread is 'old' ?
    If that thread is a year (or more) 'old' but still relates to an issue that is STILL current / not fixed / relevant, then what's the problem?

If 'necro'ing 'old' threads is such a big deal then just have a program / macro automatically delete posts that are over a certain 'age'.
    But then you might lose some gems like these:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-thread-that-will-save-the-galaxy.126461/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bring-back-the-beta-night.109783/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...cret-mysterious-roar-in-the-mountains.109156/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...n-wide-communication-is-what-is-needed.57050/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/vanguard-railgun-speculation.83698/

:(
  15. wibble

I have a question regarding updates which has almost certainly been asked before but I could not find it. I'm no expert and there might be a good reason but, why not do the update on just one server and see if it works, if not fix it then apply the update to all the other servers? Clearly which server is used for the test should be rotated. This would limit the down time for the majority of players when there is a problem but also, I assume, make it more practical for the EU servers to be done at a time when our servers are less in use as you would not need everyone standing by for problems. I do understand that 6am cet is not a great time to be working in the US but equally 7pm cet is not a great time to be trying to fix a bug on an update. As I said just a question. Great game. Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  16. Being@RT

How do you guys (SOE) feel the forum has changed since this announcement and what are your plans going forward?
  17. RadarX

Progress has certainly been made but there is still a ways to go. We still very strongly appreciate everyone's concerns (even negative ones), they just have to fit inside our guidelines which some of you are doing a great job of now.
    • Up x 1
  18. CoRRh

Well, you guys need to start fixing things before you create new issues.

WDS: Rewards need to get sorted out. Scores need to be explained, and the in-game scoreboard should be the score after the "algorithm". Not some ******** number that shows someone in last place and gives them the win.

Server Balancing: I'm NC on Waterson, so I know overpop. It's not fun just dominating all the time. I'd rather fight head on, and always have a decent fight, than steamroll the other factions 70% of the time. I don't know exactly how to fix this, but there needs to be some sort of system to make sure: 1. The 4th faction can't happen (making login timers) and 2. Making it to where if a faction has overpop by 5% world pop, nobody else can get in to that faction until there is space.

Weapons: There are trashy 1000 cert weapons that people buy, that are only trashy because they were nerfed in to the ground. Also, the best all around weapon in the game is 250 certs..... WTF guys?

MANA AV Turret: This thing has stupid huge range, and still does ridiculous damage at that range. The range is so huge, the turret doesn't even render in.

ESFs: You say they are "balanced". Mossies are versitile, scythes are as well, and both have small as **** hitboxes. So, because the NC has a big clunky ESF, we should be able to hit harder and maybe be a bit more accurate, seeing as how the other ESFs are small as ****, right? WRONG! Our weapons are about the same as the other factions. Our ESF has a huge hitbox, takes eight years to do mid-air turn-arounds, and to top it off, the NC (on waterson at least) has maybe 3 or 4 decent fighter pilots.

There are plenty of other issues that are there, but I won't take the time to list.

SOE, FIX THE GAME BEFORE YOU ADD MORE BROKEN CONTENT!
    • Up x 1
  19. Vanon

You guys (SoE) posts something like this, wanting to have better and closer communication with the community. Then you realise 3 untested guns that where already delayed, after the general consensus was that they where fine as is (except the TR ESSR). I don't understand this. I get you guys have the right to make changes at any time, but seriously? You completely disregarded everything that was said on the forum. You disregarded us! What are we to think?
  20. BLDO

Alright, well maybe you will listen to/provide feedback on what I suggested a few times here already, since Luperza didn't.
    Here is what I like to see for the forums:

1. (At least for the ideas and suggestion section of the forums) Make the original post editable at all times. This way you can create (for example a vehicle idea) a thread which best suits everyone's needs. For example: the original poster posts an idea and someone else says; Well hey this might be good and the original poster agrees. He can then incorperate the idea into the original post. Like this the devs can easily see in the original post what/how the people like the idea the most. (For example: I made some vehicle suggestions on the forums. Some people like the idea of the driver and gunner both having guns the most, while other people rather see the driver not having any guns). If you give the original poster the opportunity to change it, so that both idea are on there and that he can count votes and such for them, you have a good overview of what the majority would like to see.

2. Assign one or more devs to give the community feedback on their ideas (if you don't, people will think the forums are deserted and by providing feedback, you create a better relationship between the devs and the community/players). It doesn't have to take to long, they can just watch and give feedback for all the threads on the first page of the title (ideas and suggestions for example).

3. Filter the posts on likes. The posts with the most like should be on top.

4. If a post is unconstructive/inappropriate, the dev should close the thread. A thread should probably also be closed when it has been implemented or when it is clear/obvious to the dev that the idea will not be used.

5. If a thread belongs in another section, it should be moved there. For example: vehicle discussion is posted in Ideas and suggestion, it should be moved to vehicle discussion.

Let me know what you think :). I for one think it would make the forums better.