As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazt

Nerf completely justified. how a vehicle performs in a 100 vs 100 battle vs a 20 vs 20 are two entirely different things. In a 100 vs 100, many vehicles will be shot down or destroyed by the sheer number of projectiles unless you have adequate support. In in a 20 vs 20, a liberator bombing and spawn suppressing the enemy is near unbeatable unless everyone manages to nail him at once. Lib deserves to get nerfed, if not to be made more fragile than it needs to not be able to farm a base at zero risk by cutting down its fire power. If you honestly think the lib needs to be kept the same or buffed I place you in the same category of those saying the ZOE was fine.
    • Up x 6
  2. Lightwolf

Try flight mechanics are as limited by planetside 2's engine and the meta prescribed by the strange vtol airships we have. Whales for example.

Just looked up your character. I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

Simple doesn't mean it's not nuanced and difficult. After all, aren't all you ground pounders just pointing at your enemies and clicking? Not at all like a real gunfight.

Realism isn't really a good thing. The day I'm weeping at the stiffening corpse of my comrade, held in my bloody arms, is the day games have gone too far. Likewise, I'm very glad we don't have air traffic control to deal with.

So leave my nanite powered vtol skywhale that kills primarily by ramming out of your condescension, ok? Yes, it doesn't have realistic flight characteristics, but know what? It's powered by nanites, flying through an alien sky after going through a wormhole and being reconstructed god knows how many times by an alien machine which doesn't work by any known principle.

So how about you just admit you have no idea how the mechanics should even be.
    • Up x 1
  3. MuNrOe

I think the word here is "adapt". As a full time jackhammer pilot :D I have had to now its your turn.
    • Up x 4
  4. Dead soldier

You can probably kill the mediocre pilots who just fly for farming. There are many people who fly whom I don't consider pilots, they are just farmers or people in gank squads.

A qualify a pilot in this game, as someone who got into hovermode and used that effectively.

There is actually a high "skill ceiling" and to see that, just you need to find the right guys.
  5. IamnotAmazing

I care very deeply, because planetside is a clone of other games, oh wait it's not

clearly the devs want to do their own thing
    • Up x 1
  6. Donaldson Jones

I hate pretty much everything that flies (including LAs), only the Galaxy escapes my wrath.
    • Up x 1
  7. lawn gnome

i never claimed the ground game is remotely realistic either. if this game were realistic average infantry engagement range would be around 300 meters, tanks would have much slower acceleration and deceleration, infantry would lose accuracy when hit in the arm and lose the ability to walk when hit in the leg, laying prone would be an option, a hit to tank turrets might jam the gun until repaired or jam the whole turret so you need to turn the whole tank to aim, a hit to the treads of a tank might leave it where it can only spin in circles. i have made those arguments in the forums as well, in fact this paragraph is probably pretty close to copy pasta of another argument i made in a tank thread.

BUT i am not trying to hide behind some absurd skill argument to defend the ground game and i don't really see anyone else on the forums doing that either. the divine right mentality seems to be pretty thoroughly limited to "pilots", occasionally really dumb tankers too.

i wouldn't mind a more realistic game, something like an MMO version of Arma (99% of players, including probably everyone arguing with me, would leave the skies and the few that are left WOULD actually have a case when they say something about being a pilot), but that is beside the point. i simply can't approve of people proclaiming skill where none exists. with my play as a scythe it is obvious there is a certain finesse to flying in this game, but it is more like playing armored core: for answer (except without the incredible epic bosses like Motherwill) and bears only a superficial resemblance to anything i would qualify as flying.

i don't really care much about my stats, otherwise i wouldn't hunt tanks with a heavy assault. if you want to butcher your stats, tank hunting as infantry is probably the best way to do it, because with all of my explosives, i can realistically take out 3 tanks (maybe more if they are tightly clustered) IF i survive that long which implies the tanks and EVERYONE around them are incredibly oblivious (currently i can regularly take out 2, but #3 is where they tend to pay attention).

make all the nanite/vtol excuses you want, but that still doesn't remove the fact that the flight physics in this game are absurdly simple.
  8. Silkensmooth

Lol so much ignorance here.

Libs are one of the worst vehicles to fly at any large fight.

You are constantly getting hit by flak from every corner of the map. Constant lock-on spam.

Any decent ESF pilot, and despite what you read here there are lots of them, can destroy your lib with ease.

Yes libs destroy bad ESF pilots, but so what?

I only fly libs when my RL friend is on because its something we can do where its easy to stay together.

We do much much much better in tanks, and often the only thing that kills us in our tank is a lib.

I'm kinda sad because i have been farming libs so hard since they got their very minor buffs, and loving all the free certs and easy kills.

I think all of you haters should get together and go fly around in some libs. Go to a good sized fight and see how many kills you get.

Flag and Alarox should go fly a lib together and make a video of it so we can see how awesome you do, and how you just decimate everything on the ground.

Yay for ignorance!

Incoming tank zerg to every base near you. YaY!
    • Up x 1
  9. Silkensmooth

Having said that, all vehicles need nerfed VS infantry and infantry needs nerfed vs vehicles. Its a terrible game mechanic that fractures the community and is impossible to balance.

Thermals need to go.
  10. Flag

Why? There's plenty of people to fly with on Miller.

And libs, especially the shredder lib feels beyond OP. Sure, AA is a problem in big fights, but when you think about it that's just a result of aircraft being too strong for too long.
    • Up x 4
  11. Collin

As I stated many times: If you want new players you need to give them a chance. You are talking about you spent x-certs into the LIB and you deserve the farm. Sir you do not!

AA is so pathetic in this game its just broken. The best and number one choise to bring down a Lib is a Lib. Even with ESF there is no chance to kill him 100 %. To fight a Lib in a ESF you need to be really good and even then you have a good chance to just die. The amour allows the LIB to move alot of hexes into the save terretory before you get that thing burning. I am not even talking about the shredder which is totaly broken.

On Miller you see outfits running Shredder Libs on high altitude just to use them as AA Platform. If you have them on Max ceeling you have no chance to get rid of them. Lock ons dont reach them and AA just does to little damage on distance.

The argument but its hard to fight in a 48+ battle in a LIB does not count! Tanks, Sundys, Harrassers and Flashes die left and right and you want to hover over the battlefield and think you deserve the farm. Nope wrong again.

The ignorance of some pilots are astonishing. For some reason they think the game needs to be redisigned just that they can keep that broken thing. If something is broke you need to fix it and if they loose 20 customers but gain 200 good bye lib pilots.
    • Up x 4
  12. Dreadnaut

Except no one is hovering a Lib in a 48+ battle without getting crushed unless everyone is just oblivious.

Lib spam is only a 'thing' because the 'Death' statistic is in the game and everyone is so worried about their KDR.

Remove the death stat and this problem fixes itself. No more KDR.
    • Up x 1
  13. A Crispy Taco

I don't know why AA is so hard for some people :( Connery seems to have no problem fielding Basilisk, Flak, Lock-on, ESF, Libs to wall off just about every fight I try to fly at. As soon as I render I am being shot at by everyone it seems and it makes flying in that area nearly impossible. The only fight the Liberators are dominating are ghost capping dead fights with no AA and bad teamwork.
  14. Obstruction

that's where all these bads are getting farmed man. they don't get it that they should redeploy to higher pop fights with more even odds. instead they just come here with their bad grammar and hateful, self-righteous rhetoric.

personally, i get a lot of work done when i play AA. but i also know how aircraft work and i can tell when they've screwed up. these guys just let themselves get farmed because this game is Scrubfarmer 2014: The Higby Chronicles.
    • Up x 2
  15. Dreadnaut

That image of the Lib in your sig is awesome btw ;)
  16. Slavek

These forum tears are delicious from both sides. The Lib nerf is inevitable and everyone is pushing for it. Its true the lib nerf will suck for a while for us that use them more than a cert farm tool, however it will be like the OP flak days of old shortly when the game was released.
    The people who stick to flying/fly as a primary role will adapt and overcome like they always have and the squishies on the ground will still still fall prey to our glorious sky chariots when we are not having honorbru sky duels. Now as pilots we have a new objective. Get the duster nerfed. Purple that thing, make it OP in the eyes of infantry. Embrace the suck, become its master.
  17. Silkensmooth

You don't know what you are talking about. Libs are easy to kill with ESF. I occasionally fly libs, although not often cause they actually kinda suck, but mainly i fly ESF and kill libs all day long.
  18. Collin

regarding your stats you do fly LIBS with ESF as your main platform so don´t pretent anything here

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618035350529/vehicles

Not does it matter but I guess I do pilot in this game a lot and do know what i am talking about
  19. Moz

I cant believe this thread lasted this many pages:

Firstly, the OP ruled himself out of any Lib vs Anything arguement with his first post saying all he does is Lib. He has no clue what it is like to be on the other end. One sided debate is one sided.

Secondly, the nerf is coming. Deal with it. It isnt a massive nerf, its basically just changing the weapons so they are more specific and frankly less OP.

I would like to point out that I personally dont want the Lib to be nerfed to oblivion (like the massive mess they made of the harasser) as I like to have "oh crap" moments in FPS games, like "Oh crap there is a Lib above best take cover" i certainly dont want it to go to "Oh look Lib overhead, free points for me" as that isnt serving the game or it players.

They have to be careful with this nerf SOE.
  20. A Crispy Taco

I have a lot of experience flying Libs and dealing with people who know how to use AA. If you are dying to Libs you are at a dead fight with no AA support or your AA isn't doing it's job.

If everyone else can kill us with AA, why can't you?

ESFs
    Missiles
    Libs
    Flak
    Basilisks

Instead of posting on the forum just grab one of the Proven Anti-Lib weapons I named above, get a friend (might be hard for some of you judging by your attitudes) and focus fire.

I'm tired of nerfs coming down the pipe for vehicles because the people complaining about them are casual and spamming the forums with naïve Liberhater propaganda.

Fly a lib, See what I am talking about.
    My offer stands. I will pull ANY load out for ANYONE who thinks Libs are OP. Lets watch you fly it against a fight where people are busy killing air rather than posting uninformed nerf threads on the forum about a vehicle they haven't figured out how to beat yet.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.