As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bl4ckVoid

YOU are THE PROBLEM. Full-time lib pilot should not even exist in this game. The Lib should not even exist in the game either. Useless in any large battle, OP everywhere else. It is a totally failed concept.
    No, I do not want to fly the Lib, if I want to fly I get a proper flightsim that has a flightmodel based on physics.
    • Up x 1
  2. lawn gnome

what just because there is no stalling, G-force effects, systems damage, or knock from hits? are you implying that the people who fly aircraft in this game aren't doing anything even remotely approaching real piloting? the nerve!

#TankBusterTankDeterrent
  3. Bl4ckVoid

• Up x 2
  4. Shaggath

peronnaly i don't think lib need an attribute nerf.

The game need a simple tweak remove omniscience remove external view.

Why lib perform well because pilot have the external view to locate target and see gunner orientation, they have great escape because pilot see shoot direction, you remove that and you increase drastically the gameplay.
    Infantry don't have external view to increase fov why vehicule have ?
    • Up x 2
  5. Dreadnaut

A 1/3 Lib can kill a 3/3 Lib. However, a 3/3 Lib has a better chance.

If your sole desire is to go kill 1 Lib, run Racer 3 and Stealth. I do it ALL the time and it's quite good (other than landing to repair)

Assuming the Lib spammer is 3/3, 3 Lightnings will RUIN it. 3 Bursters will come close to ruining it, 3 G2A lockons will piss him off and make him not come back (unless he's dumb)...

If people would put the same effort into killing a Liberator as the guys in the Liberator killing them, it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is, most people think AA is boring but it's incredibly effective.
  6. Dreadnaut

You need to find another game to play. This is a combined arms game. I think the game you're looking for is Battlefield, it would suit your taste a lot better.

I'm a 'full' time Liberator pilot, just like I was/am a full time pilot in every other game I've ever played (other than Rainbox Six series). You said full time Lib Pilots are the problem...yet the only problem here is YOU having a closed mind.

Carry on.
    • Up x 1
  7. Flag

My desire is for libs to not **** upon ground vehicles with the ease they do today.
    There's also something iffy about being told that to deal with air I have to go with an aircraft. But when you reverse the situation and ask sky knights to go with ground vehicles to properly deal with tanks suddenly this is an outrageous suggestion.

No, AA is not 'effective'.
    Massed AA is. Important distinction.

It's also not "3 lightings" but 3 skyguards. The two are not the same.
    • Up x 1
  8. Inex

I think the phrase you're looking for here is "If people would put 3-9x the effort into killing a Liberator".

If you want to compare 3v3 combat for the teamwork investment, I can almost accept that.

But comparing the resource & opportunity cost of a Lib vs. 3 Lightnings or 3 Bursters? That's not even remotely close. That Skyguard pack is more than double the cost of the Lib, doesn't get the benefit of being able to rotate timers among the crew, and gives up the ability to kill basically anything else. While they are even more expensive, the Bursters are a little better because at least in between Lib passes they can duck back behind the spawnroom shields to pick up other weapons, and can be rezzed after getting ripped apart by the Shredder.
    • Up x 1
  9. lawn gnome

i love how you completely hide from the fact that PS2 has nothing even resembling respectable flight physics and thus you are NOT A PILOT. you even took the time to delete that portion of his already small post. being a pilot requires actual piloting. the aircraft in PS2 are like some poorly modeled console version of biplanes or a flight sim with most if not all of the realism settings turned off.

i will put it simply: if i can effectively fly and kill with my keyboard and mouse (like i have been), then it is not piloting. any real flight simulator trying to control a plane without a joystick is almost suicide, simply taking off from the ground is a harrowing experience, killing anything (beyond maybe crashing into something) is pretty much out of the question.

i have never once been even tempted to plug in my joystick for this game, so you are not a pilot because this game has no pilots.
    • Up x 4
  10. Dreadnaut

3 HA's with G2A locks doesn't cost anything...
    AA Phalanx Turrets don't cost anything...

That Liberator probably cost 350 air resources and 40k certs.

Ya know what kills a hover spamming Liberator? Another Liberator...Eye for an Eye.
    • Up x 1
  11. lawn gnome

so then it is ok if we make it so only ground vehicles stand a chance of killing a skyguard? eye for an eye. i might go for that.
  12. Inex

What really annoys me? Your silly madness about Liberator balance gets huge threads, but my silly madness about free vehicles doesn't even warrant a reply. :(
  13. lawn gnome

it is because all of the people who abuse the liberator are throwing a fit since SOE plans to nerf their "skill".

complaint threads always get more attention, that is the nature of almost any forum.
    • Up x 2
  14. Inex

But it does take others to generate the replies to all the foaming at the mouth. It's not like we don't know that SOE doesn't really take the opinions here seriously.

Maybe if we just had a system to flag a post as "Filled with meaningless nonsense", "Flaming trollbait", or "Just tagging to show I got in before mods locked the thread" without having to actually leave a feeder comment? :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Flag

Hey!

I've taken part in abusing the OP lib and I'm not throwing a fit. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. lawn gnome

actually i have too, but mostly to make a point. my favorite moment was when i face tanked a full volley of viper shots from a lightning and THEN without moving murdered him with the TB. WOOOOO!! BALANCE!!
    i don't know if i agree with that. the liberator nerfs seem to almost be a made to order response to the forums.

#TankBusterTankDeterrent
    • Up x 1
  17. Inex

That's the crazy part. The velocity/range stuff appears to be not so much a 'nerf' as much as SOE wanting to change the way vehicles operate. But the actual "You're too effective: eat nerf!" stuff... the ones they actually "took" were ones that Lib pilots were suggesting as the compromise adjustments.

Dreadnaut himself has pushed both the ammo change, and the comp armor rollback.
    From this thread - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?posts/2690195/

And yet here we are.
  18. Flag

While his efforts are appreciated, it wouldn't have done anything about some of the core problems with the Lib.

Relative to everything else in the game, the Lib was too versatile, and strong at the same time. Sure you can find some loadouts that aren't as crazy as some of the others (like the duster), but for the worst offender, the shredder, simply making the tracers more visible wouldn't really do much.

For other weapons, such as the TankBuster, it did have an opportunity cost in that you couldn't just use it whenever, but even then it was arguably doing too much when it was given a chance.
  19. Inex

Oh, I'm not implying that his suggestion are right. Just that the overlap between the actual nerfs, and the nerfs Lib pilots wanted is pretty big.

It turns threads like this into "You fools! You did what I wanted you to do, and now the game is ruined for me forever!"
  20. Dreadnaut

I really wish you guys would do a search on my name and read all the posts where I talk about the Liberator. I want nothing more than balance and the things I talk about are exactly that, better balance. I've NEVER said the Liberator was "fine", ever.

Tank Buster
    Flying a Liberator and using the Tank Buster takes a very high amount of skill to be good at it and live. This is why pilots have an issue with any changes being made to the Tank Buster after it's already been nerfed several times. The Risk vs Reward is VERY high. There are plenty of pilots who wouldn't mind the Lliberator being 2 seats, and removing the belly gun entirely, just leaving the Bulldog or Walker on the back. (This would require a big buff to the Walker at short range)

Dalton/Zepher:
    Gunning a Liberator and shooting at ground targets doesn't take a ton of skill especially with Thermal. That being said, hitting aircraft with the Dalton or the Zepher takes a very high level of skill. VERY high. Hitting a moving Harasser is hard, hitting a good Lightning is difficult, but hitting stationary things like a Sunderer is not hard. I've also suggested that a deployed sundy should either have a Wraith Cloak or when deployed the Comp Armor is stronger. They die too easily in my opinion.

Shredder
    The Shredder is REALLY easy to use against ground targets & average against air targets. Everyone who isn't being a troll know this weapon needs to be toned down vs Max suits, but seems ok vs aircraft.

Walker/Bulldog:
    The Walker and Bulldog are fine on the back of the Liberator in their current state

Notes:
    Ya know what isn't fine? Thermal. It's WAY too good for gunners, but seems OK for the Tank Buster. (I don't use it much on the TB)
    • Liberators need to be louder, that's a given
    • Belly Guns carry WAY to much ammo and should be cut almost in half.
    • Tank Round damage vs Libs needs to be reverted to it's old state
    • Dalton should 2 shot another Lib, not 3
    • Dalton splash dmg vs Infantry needs to be toned down a little more
    That's just a couple examples of things I've been saying months and months.

The Liberator needs fixing, but it doesn't need to be rendered completely useless by the proposed changes.

Again, AA is incredibly effective, it's just boring. Anyone who disagrees with that needs to learn how to play the game. I've taken myself and 2 other guys (3 total) to do area denial with AA things like Bursters, G2A Lock-Ons, Skyguards, AA Turrets, etc, and we've done very well at making everything in the air go away very quickly. It's not hard, it just takes some thought. I think it's fun but I know my opinion is in the minority which is why i'm willing to freely admit that for MOST people, AA is boring, but don't tell me it isn't effective. We've taken a 3 man squad and created complete area denial for aircraft in a 500m radius from our position.

Want to be successful with AA?
    • Like Gustavus Adolphus said, "Never to give fire, till they could see their own image in the pupil of their enemy's eye". Too many people fire too soon and give the enemy the ability to retreat. You've got to lure them in first, and fire at the right time.
    • Don't stand in a ball, easy to hit 3 people at once no matter what you're doing (Doesn't apply to AA turrets)
    • Find cover, trees are awesome and OP as hell against aircraft.
    • Communicate. Be vocal with your team and assign 1 guy to make the call when to shoot, or you don't shoot till he does. Call out names, focus your fire. Melt things one at a time.
    • Work together. Can't say this enough. Everyone needs to be doing the same thing working toward the same goal.
    ^^ Teamwork is fun for me, maybe it's not for others. I don't care if 4 of us are going pistols only in a Biolab. As long as I'm working with teammates it's fun for me.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.