As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightwolf

I'm saying I can find a video to support anything. You're telling me libs are op based purely off of anecdotal evidence while none of their weapons, since Nerf, have accounted for very many tanks. I point you to the mbt intensive stats in this very forum. Also, by nature, a lib requires two people working in tandem and it relies on speed and stealth. It ain't no tank.

See above, I'm out. I main skywhales and I'm telling you libs are, if anything, pretty underpowered right now. That should tell you something, as libs used to be and should be my primary predator. Now I can take two at once provided I have a crew.

I'm really not looking forward to that. My whale's gotten no combat buffs ever and now I'm about to take a Nerf in my main teeth. Of course it's performing well right now; its the only air weapon that can take on infantry!
  2. Kwyjibo_CO

It's nice that people have stopped moaning about ESFs and rocketpods to discuss the Lib's OPness.

That said, I think the lib should be nerfed because a buff to G2A measures would make the skies even more difficult for newer ESF pilots. Personally, I think the current state of the air and ground relationship is pretty good, aside from the lib. And my biggest problem with the lib isn't that it's too effective against ground targets, it's that they can use the TB and Dalton to defend against ESFs. Those 2 weapons shouldn't be the best A2A weapons in the libs arsenal, they shouldn't even be effective against air at all, unless they are stationary.
    • Up x 1
  3. SniperTarget

So I guess you have tried both the weapons against air? Yea right....
  4. Kwyjibo_CO

NIce try. It has become common knowledge that they are both effective against air. If you are saying otherwise, then you are either ignorant or a liar.
    • Up x 1
  5. Flag

You have a very ... odd meaning of the word "effective".
  6. Kwyjibo_CO

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/effective

I think that's accurate. If it wasn't effective, every experienced Lib pilot with a good dalton gunner wouldn't turn belly up or chase down ESFs with the TB when they see them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it doesn't take skill to do, or that anyone that does it can own the skies, but I would definitely say it's an effective method for taking out ESFs, more so than any other I've seen from a lib(besides maybe ramming).
  7. Flag

.... Are you for real?
    A weapon like you describe here is not effective!
    If it was this part of your post would be false, as in it would be "relatively easy" for people to take a lib, slap on a TB and a dalton and wreck face. That would make it an effective weapon. But that simply isn't the case.

I'm by no means a good ESF pilot, but even I can evade TBs and Daltons. Sure, great Lib crews can hunt down and kill bad pilots, but as soon as the pilots get any semblance of skill any effectiveness, real or imagined is gone from those weapons.

They can be made to work, but they are in no way effective.

Oh, and the very best lib crews? Sure, they are dangerous, but alone they're not effective, at all.
  8. Kwyjibo_CO

Wow, I tried to not make this an argument of semantics by posting a link defining the word, but to no avail...
  9. MisterBond

They've not been using rational logic for the last 5-6 pages, its always SOME excuse why a target dies

I laughed hard when they said that "Dalton's are not effective against ESF's", that made my night
    • Up x 1
  10. Flag

That's because it isn't effective.
    The PPA against infantry is effective.
    The Dalton against ESFs is serviceable.

And before you get any ideas, I'm a tanker more so than anything else. For now at least.
    • Up x 1
  11. JackD

They arent. I fly a Lib since pretty much day one and i know not more then 5 pilots on my server that are better with the TB then iam. But still iam not able to take down ESF pilots whose skill exceed a certain level.They can hover faster out of the TB killzone then the Lib can turn. Same for the Dalton, and even this takes a level of practice and experience, that most crews dont have.
    Sure its easy to take down pilots which dont know how to take on a Lib, but thats not a balance issue. When someone thinks he can go nose to nose with a Lib and out dps it, thats a l2p issue.

Nerfing the Dalton/TB further against ESF would make even very good Lib crews defenseless against medicore pilots. Not to mention that a Lib needs burst damage against air or they dont have any chance. Thats why the other both noseguns will never work in A2A combat.
  12. JackD

So you are saying its bad that the Lib has other defense tactics against ESF except ramming?
  13. Brahma2

Weird, because I wouldn't give a **** if you nerfed either one. I eat mediocre pilots for breakfast while I'm asleep with one hand tied behind my back.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kwyjibo_CO

Nope, I never said anything like that.
  15. Dreadnaut

My solution is for you to play smartly and never have to worry about a Liberator. The only way you get farmed by a Liberator is to allow yourself to get farmed by one. By yourself, you're not going to be able to do much against a 3 man flying tank with a lock-on launcher anyway. To do any real damage you need 2 more friends helping you out.

Get in a Phalanx turret if you want to put a hurt on a Liberator.

Allowing lockon rocket launchers to shoot at an aircraft at more than double the infantry render range for the aircraft is not a good idea. That isn't good game balance and it takes zero skill.
  16. Dreadnaut

This is false. Why is my outfit able to be effective with Flak and you are not? We don't have any issues coordinating anti-air, why should anyone else?

The issue is anti-air isn't fun, however it is VERY effective.
  17. Dreadnaut

The Dalton is a tank round...
    • Up x 1
  18. Dreadnaut

If you see a Liberator flying and using flares, and you can't kill him, you're doing something wrong. Any good Liberator pilot won't be using flares, so it's an easy kill. Almost EVERY good Lib pilot runs Afterburner, and sometimes Stealth if they want to be a sneaky SOB.

You're just digging a deeper hole every time you post because it shows your lack of experience in actually trying to kill Liberators vs coming to the forums and complaining about them.

Lib with flares, lol. Such an easy kill.
  19. Dreadnaut

Dalton is RARELY effective against a good pilot. Quite effective against bad pilots who flying in a predictable path.

If it's so easy to use the Dalton against aircraft...show me how easy it is.
  20. RaTzo

What is an unnecessary claim?

Me too! However, SOE does not. At least not when you are flying an ESF. I simply want everyone playing by the same rules. If my weapons are only good at a particular range against a particular target AND I have to be highly skilled to use them with any chance of killing what I'm shooting at then I expect the same of weapons which are used against me.

Yet without exception every single Lib with a Dalton will turn on its side and fire dalton after dalton at an ESF. Also for all 2 or 3 people here are saying that Libs are easy pickings for an ESF every Lib I see turns and chases every ESF it sees. I've killed 5 or 6 libs in the last few days, and I've had about 200 Daltons fly past my ESF. Yesterday I had one hit me - first one in a while - yet it was again from a Lib which was just spamming...

So a weapon of which you say takes high skill and is only effective in the hands of very few crews is your solution for making a Lib more survivable? LOL Common man... I was born but it wasn't yesterday. If this weapon is so ineffective then you wouldn't want to keep it the way it is.

Well if you read the entire conversation you would know that I am not calling for a nerf for Daltons but a buff for them in their proper role. Is it too much to ask of every forum ace here to read what is posted before they decide it is wrong?

You got to be joking...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.