Are freakin Anti Personal Landmines supposed to be INVISIBLE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McDonaldsMaster, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Stew360

they are most of the time if those are VS or NC the tr ones are the only balanced one the NC are barely visible and the VS ones are invisible at 90 % of the time if not more they kinda fall into the ground and remain effective

this is a issue ive point out so much time but the devs dont care this forums is controled by the worst peoples in this game they will say thing like learn to look where you walk but no matter if you look or not the nc mines are barely visible some time invisible and the VS ones are invisible 90 % of the time if not more

i think all faction should get the TR (( claymore style mines ))
  2. McDonaldsMaster

Wow dude...really? They freakin say "learn to look where you walk"??!
    But even so, dude. Sometimes I'm freakin being chased and I have to run run run!!! (like the badass I am, I infiltrate their bases and all that, it's such a GIANT shame to be killed by some stupid land mine after being such a major badass in their base..)

Dude....this means I really need to make a video. A freakin montage of these invisible mines killing me, really!
    I think I might do that, because of their....freakin response..."Lean to look where you walk"...really? Thanks, mate.
  3. Koadster

Go check out the TR claymore, sticks up and has green lasers sticking out!

I noticed the VS landmine does clip, NC one you can sometimes see before running over but ive only seen a VS claymore once.

Since all AP mines do the same thing, perhaps make it a NS mine. So each faction has the same thing, its not removing any faction traits since all 3 function the same.
  4. Stew360

I did demonstrate thats in the past in the beta in the begining of this games but on this forums , (( exploits abusers )) will rules this forums for the most part and sadly it seams the devs lisen at them ...

this invisible mines is a huge problems no matter if you expect a mines or not they need to be visible exactly as the TR ones i think they should get rid of the VS plane mines and NC ones and just keep the claymore style ones thats can be seen if they are trowed mindlessly anywhere

basically the VS ones are the worst because it seams they glitch into the ground and if not those arent visible to be seen in time

the solution of the abusers ? scan every single of your footstep while ADS with a INRV scope lol or use the flak armor 100 % of the time or die lol

its stupid yes i know and i feel you on that ;)
  5. Rusky

I agree they should all have a slight tell like the TR mine.

They're still awesome anyway, just put them behind a corner and watch the kills come in :D
  6. McDonaldsMaster

Can a pistol have an INRV scope? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Stew360

8. Spookydodger

On the side of a door works wonders.

I see a lot of people drop them right outside of spawn rooms and the shield absorbs the entirety of the blast. Put the mine just a little to the side and it's chunky salsa. I guess some people just don't watch their handiwork or fail to understand / see they don't get a kill sometimes.
  9. Stew360

Shield door do not absord any explosive damage from claymore and mines and C4 everybody use C4 and mines to kills peoples camping inside the spawnroom and teleporter room in the biolab this is another issue but still you are wrong on this

this other quote was from my tread about the same subject i found it actual ;)

HIM
    My reply
  10. Suroped

Sure pal, lay more mines so i could notice them straight from the warpgate.
  11. Vreki

I have never seen a mine that didn't belong to my own faction.
    And I can place my own mines fully visible in the middle of a doorway, and they will still get a kill.
  12. Tasogie

no idea what your talking about, but ok.....

I see enemy mines occasional if I am paying attention, but normally I am not focused on ground unless I know there are mines around. You get to know who use mines alot an who doesn't. on Briggs I know a few of the NC guys who use mines all time religiously, so if I see them around I automatically go into hunt the mine mode :p...
  13. AUSGrizzly

Annoyingly, VS Personal Mines sink into the ground...
  14. Radian12

Don´t care . I wear flak armor level 4 . Since then no single mine has killed me .
  15. McDonaldsMaster

have fun running out of ammo so fast.
  16. t31os

Mines fail to render or sink into the ground, i'll agree that is definately an issue, half the time i die to a mine without ever having any clue whatsoever where it was. This is an issue.

Reducing damage, adding a timer though, totally unnecessary and functionality destroying. The mines as they are, work as they are intended to work. As with Tank Mines, if you want to survive the blast the game provides you with the means to survive them. I find this situation exactly the same as tank drivers who refuse to purchase mineguard(which are a fraction of the cost of AT mines), then whine when they fail to spot enemy AT mines, don't have mineguard and die.

If you want to survive mine explosions, cert flak armor and your problem is solved. Out of ammo? There's no engineer close by? Are you a lonewolf? If you're an infiltrator this is a total non-issue, hack a terminal and resupply.

The means for survival are already there, if you *choose* not to use them, then naturally you are accepting the risk of being taken down by mines and i see absolutely no problem with this at all, render issues aside(already said i agree on that part). You can't have everything, choose extra ammo or choose mine protection, you can't have it both ways, players aren't meant to just survive everything and have godly ammo pools(there are other means to replenish ammo anyway).

Not a sunderer, engineer or terminal you can hack close by then? None of those things? I use Flak Armor and i always manage to find the means to restock my ammo, unless i'm perched somewhere a fair distance away from anything, but then that was my choice and it's my responsibility to be smart with the ammo i do have and be ready to seek a resupply as and when it is needed.
  17. McDonaldsMaster

Yes. I lone wolf, infiltrator in the enemy base. Yes, I do hack terminals many times. Sometimes they catch on and destroy it! And yeah...sometimes it's too scary or dangerous to hack a terminal....I love going into enemy bases when it's populated. Don't really enjoy ghost towns.

" but then that was my choice and it's my responsibility to be smart with the ammo i do have and be ready to seek a resupply as and when it is needed." Lol, smart with the ammo. I'm not wasting bullets shooting the walls. having 50 bullets for my sniper rifle is a dramatic difference than having 20! I don't want my fun to be over after 20 shots! (Yeah, have to hack turret and all that, but that interrupts my direct fun of having power.)
  18. Elbryan

From my experience, all AP mines work the same way. Claymores do not have a directional explosion in Ps2.

It is a bit unfair that TR AP mines are the only ones that are easily spotted.
  19. o.Solei.o

The TR landmines do need a redesign. Not only are they more visible, many people have reported to me that they are no longer directional either. (Which was the entire point of them being so visible.)

The other two factions landmines aren't really invisible, but they are much easier to conceal. If the TR ones are still directional, that means that the other two factions are easier to deploy as well.

I play both NC and TR and I have to say, I golded AP mines on my NC before I got around to unlocking the second tier of it. My TR character has have MUCH less success with them, despite my being much more careful about how I deploy them.
  20. Soloviev

Theres pros on my server now doing nothing but going doorway to doorway dropping prox mines where they dont render/fall through the ground/whatever - You cant blindfire them even if you know its there.

Super fun.

Glad we got that sunderer horn though.