Are freakin Anti Personal Landmines supposed to be INVISIBLE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McDonaldsMaster, Jan 27, 2013.

1. LameFox

That sounded like a nerf to you?

Though for betties, I'd say give it a delay and a wider explosive radius, but less damage than the pressure activated one. And... is it just me, or do they not actually get their 'spring up' animation in this game? That seems kinda sad.
  2. EvilKoala

wat
  3. Tasogie

having a delay on mines, means people get out of killrange very quickly, thus making mines utterly useless. Not to mention lowering the damage as well. Flak Armor makes you 100% immune to mine damage, an you want it to be even more effective? lol.
    As it is now everyone uses Flak Armor, an I have to use 2 mines to get a kill now where I used to only need 1.It's fine as it is.

(by the way, little tip), Put a AT mine down first, then put a AP mine on top of it, GARENTEED dead badguy. it wll drop a MAX in a split second :p
  4. Marked4Death

The mines all work the same (proximity triggered explosion), and all can clip through floor / be invisible.
    TR mines have a taller model but the model is off to the side of the proximity patch, making them easier to hide around corners etc, because there is nothing to see. Often the lasers don't render at all, and sometimes they do but too late.

The VS and TR mines are harder to spot, I find betties the hardest as they are the smallest and grey so the match most floors indoors. Either way, you have to actually stand on or extremely close to the model to trigger them (as long as the sucker is visible)

All mines (AT too) going invisible is a really poor bug. Maybe when they do this http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ary-rendering-distance-based-on-threat.82703/ they will ensure that mines are rendered, because they dam sure are a big threat!
  5. Tasogie

Sigh, I swear I say things to myself 100 times over. WEAR FLAK ARMOR......lol
  6. Skadi

Only invisible for NC and VS, TR are left with a halfassed AP mine that sticks way out of the ground.
  7. Drsexxytime

Claymores should have a directional blast, but a devastating cone and long range
    Betty's are notorious for devastating damage 360 degrees due to their design, not as long as the claymore but larger than a prox.
    Prox should have a powerful upward blast, low radious

Surprise here, but the VS mines are the hardest to see once again due to color scheme, and easiest to exploit terrain clipping. Betty is easier to spot. Claymore by design is tallest (trigger lasers glitch out most of the time anyways).
  8. {joer

Cept the claymore is the crap version and you can't see the ones that "sink" which I would assume is due to rendering to a player who was out of range when placed.
  9. Crywalker

I've only ever seen like 2 mines, not sure if I'm blind or they don't render properly or what. They're basically a random " you died lol " message for me and I just shrug it off at this point.
    • Up x 1
  10. Village

The mechanics of a claymore are different, they explode in the direction you point them and have a much longer detonation range if someone steps in front of them. You can put them around corners or directly behind you and not get killed by the explosion
  11. m44v

12. McDonaldsMaster

WELL SAID! WELL SAID! Also, your comment about BOUNCING BETTY. SERIOUSLY. There were NUMEROUS times where I SEE the landmind at the LAST second and then retreat! That would be awesome if I got rewarded for my reflexes (I 'd receive half damage or something because of the delay) and maybe it makes a beep noise once the delay timer begins!

Amazing feedback everyone!
  13. McDonaldsMaster

"Common sense..."

1) sometimes they're invisible. (I'd like that fixed0
    2) Sometimes you are BEING CHASED! You just have to keep running and running and running.
    (I live an exciting life when I play this game.)
  14. McDonaldsMaster

Well, that's what makes this game great. DILEMAS.

I could wear flak armor, but have NO AMMO to enjoy my killing sprees, or have tons of ammo for fun kill streaks but have no flak armor for a POSSIBLE CHANCE to step on a bomb.

Do you see what I'm saying? It's not as simple as "dude, just freakin get Flak armor, duh"
  15. Marked4Death

Yeah, I always feel behind the meta game with PS2. I cert up nanoweave + resist - no longer seem to get in 1v1 with heavies, cert up an ESF - everywhere there are bursters, get a shotgun with slugs - can only find engagements where the render distance sucks.

I guess that's sidegrades for ya. It's rare to find those times when you can really fully utilise what you cert.
  16. McDonaldsMaster

Well. Sometimes you can't sit and wait for opportunities to fall in your lap. Sometimes you gotta go out and get it!
    ;)

P.S. Adaption's the key to success.
  17. Arrowfaster

It's not as simple as trying to be a freaking Rambo that is both immune to infantry mines and carry ****loads of ammo. Getting killed by mines too much? Get flak armour. That doesn't allow you to go on a long kill streak cause of low ammo? Well tough luck buddy, you can't be a guy carrying heaps of ammo, being immune to mines, having weapons for both long range and short range on your loadout (oh wait TR has that, never mind). Point is TR mines are more visible, but making bouncing betty's with a delay timer and reduced damage would make them completely useless. I don't see why are you making that much of a deal about a little extra visibilty on mines. If anyone should complain about that it is the NC infiltrators... they GLOW in the dark because of the lousy design. We actually have yellow glowing stripes all over us and not even camo removes them.

We are like freaking Edward Cullen... SPARKLING!!! LOL

Moral of the story is: Don't complain, things can always be worse... like being a sparkling vampire
  18. McDonaldsMaster

Well, I like to be rambo and james bond(That's why I love this game, it lets me do that.). I'm not going to give up my ammo to because there is a chance of bumping into land mines. (And I can still shoot the land mines, or get some thermal vision?)

"Getting killed by mines too much? Get flak armour." Arrowfaster, I thought I mentioned that the land mines are INVISIBLE. I believe SOE them selves would admit it is their mistake. Regardless of anything, being killed by a landmine is a terrible way to die. Such a shame that all the badassery simply ends over something silly like that.
    I'd wish all anti-personal land mines would be removed. C4 and Tank Mines I'm cool with.

" Don't complain, things can always be worse..."
    Yeah, I am thankful for the game and I am sure SOE are happy to hear feedback. Look at the "Roadmap" thing they have going on.
  19. XRIST0

Totally agree , besides the fact they are invincible ..

It is absolutly rediculous that they instantly destroy your tank , i mean sorry but that really gives me the ***** .. It should disable your tank and cause you to get out and repair and thats it .
  20. McDonaldsMaster

HAHAHA, I have fun instantly blowing up tanks! hahahhah I guess/ think Tank Mines CAN be extremely overpowered.
    I THINK they might nerf it one day , (Just wait until I upload a very amusing video, ahhahahah)