April 29th Maintenance Update

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wobberjockey

it was not mentioned in the patch notes.... why did you expect them to be changed?
  2. GoodFight

Yeah, crashing a lot. Getting Game Error G15 on and off.
    • Up x 2
  3. joshybox2244

I know right
  4. Krayus_Korianis

I'd love a free Underboss and Commissioner in black.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bindlestiff

That is nice. Now imagine a world where the company, SOE in this case, repeatedly interrupted, modified, suspended, cancelled or terminated the software or the game(s) without prior notice. Imagine the negative impact that would have on the reputation of SOE as a gaming company for future games. How many people are already going to think twice about dropping a single penny on H1Z1, or the next big SOE game, if it's reputation with regard to customer service and the perception of inability to deliver a service paid for, is tarnished by repeated infractions as listed above? SOE will state the above as a blanket rule, but ultimately they are not going to want angry, fed up, disgruntled customers - they want happy customers. Happy customers spend money.

Quite rightly, the EULA says I'm not entitled to a refund or compensation. It does not however say anywhere that I am not entitled to discuss such matters on an open forum dedicated to the game or games, nor does it say anywhere that I am not entitled to contact SOE and voice my feedback (whether that is good, or bad).

Until there is a time when the forum becomes a place where such posts are prohibited, and the EULA specifically prevents any customer from contacting SOE to provide constructive feedback, those who feel so inclined to do so will continue as is our want. You, as a member of this open forum, are free to ignore any and all posts of this nature, as is your want. And you can get over that any time you please.
    • Up x 3
  6. Wolfen2424

To restart: Clear out your Cache and stop talking Trash
  7. Ravenorth

Well, when sniper suppressor sounds got bugged there was no mention on the patch notes either when they fixed them, same with some other bugs, which just means they dont write patch notes about every single bug they fix.

I was hinted so by Muldoonx9 on reddit almost two weeks ago and when it was already fixed on PTS, then you could really expect that its going to be fixed on the next update.
  8. Rabieman

Yep I live in SA how did you know ?
  9. Alyz

Oh, yeah. "Constructive feedback" doesn't mean moaning and whining. It's already policy in these forums.

I'm sure the devs are working their *** off to fix things, because it sucks for everyone to not having a working game, not just the players. Paying members don't have extra rights in that regard.
    If moaning and whining is allowed in the forums, it's due to the discretion of the forum mods not taking the rules literally - which they could and simply lock this thread and any related.
    Whether you get a refund or a double XP weekend is solely up to SOE and whether they think the angry mob needs some candy to calm down again.
    From a legal POV no individual player, whether paying member or not, can sue them or ask for refunds.

Actually, I am positively surprised how SOE has handled this worst case so far. The communication is fairly open, the forum mods don't go berserk with deleting posts and chances are good here at PS2 that we do get compensation in some way for the downtime, but that's not a given at all and we shouldn't take it for granted.
  10. SvengalPlaysGames

Please fix the constant Crash problem.
  11. KaMaLa

Real cool of me supporting planetside? Maybe support your players back? for some reason I can't claim the 500SC (says to extend goddamn time), have been top tier member for half a year now, definitely did not get my 500 automatically this month. Exactly what i was afraid of, why else would they do it at the very end of the month but to short everybody
  12. PapaSyntax

Guys, seriously, stop whining. Are you so addicted to the game that you can't do something else for a day or two? It's great that you support the game so strongly (otherwise why would you complain like this? Unless you're just trolling), but you need to put things into perspective. I to am unable to login due to crash on server connection, but I'll wait for the fix. Here's what I understand, AS A FELLOW DEVELOPER:

-This was an AMAZINGLY INTENSE transition from one billing platform / configuration to another. You people don't understand what this means, but it equates to over 9,000 of those burgers you flip daily. :) For other developers, we understand the bugs and code issues that happen with such a huge undertaking.

-SOE is working around the clock on these issues. For those of you who are posting drunk idiots, implying that SOE follows suit, you're only posting a video of your own ignorance. There's a reason these guys make 10x more than you do, because they're good at what they do. I seem to remember recent layoffs, and these guys are still around, which means they're the best SOE has. Give them some slack, but if not, keep your negative comments to yourself.

-Again, this update I'm sure affected hundreds of thousands of lines of code. That's no small task in under 72 hours even.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tomie

Congratulations guys on breaking the game yet again.
    • Up x 2
  14. andy_m

Thank you very much for pointing that out.
  15. DemoDan

Cant login to any of my accounts, freezes when I press the login. Tried 4 times, and it would login this morning.
  16. jmfranco20

Me and my buddy keeps on crashing. Fix please
  17. 10thRMDredd

the servers are now up.
    and the game now crashes every 5-10 minutes for me.
    It did not do this anywhere near this frequency before.....
    sigh....
  18. DemoDan

I cant login to my connery accounts, anyone else having this issue? Game freezes as soon as I press login.
    • Up x 1
  19. PapaSyntax

Ditto. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.
  20. Mugiwar

The game is no longer, it crashes constantly on after 5 to 10 minutes. man it sucks slowly, constantly what is broken here: (
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.