Anti-Material Rifle on PTS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, May 29, 2015.

1. CapEnTrade

Big surprise everyone, it's ****!
    Piece of crap!
  2. Scr1nRusher

And yet....... I told people about this.

Also how over and over again that the only class that it would make sense in both visual and functional would be the infiltrator.
  3. thebigbortishbort

i also standby infiltrator not needing a possible AV weapon.
  4. breeje

yes every vehicle will be damaged but its only good if they are already smoking
    or if you can keep firing on them with a couple of engi's
    for the stock max it needs 3 head shots
    it takes 7 or 9 bullets for a stock esf to destroy it, i cant remember the right number off bullets it takes
  5. breeje

its a vandal converted to fit the job with 4x scope with sway on it
    i think this will be changed before it comes out
    this weapon in a cheap conversion to make some fast money, no new design on it
  6. Demigan

I tested it yesterday, it took 5 bullets to set in on fire, really close to death.

Anyone afraid of their ESF, this means you have 8 seconds bolt-action time and then the reload before he can kill you, and you haven't even used your fire suppression then. Also, the bullets travel at +/- 550 m/s and it's not flak, so with a bit of maneuvering you can probably make them miss easily.

Frankly, anyone who has his ESF die to this without being heavily damaged first really had to try and get killed.
    • Up x 2
  7. sIcGER

tested again yesterday - its 2 headshots + 1 bodyshot
  8. Crayv

So far it looks like this thing is going to be good against MAXs and only MAXs.
    • Up x 2
  9. Colonelveers12

Full squad of these, 60 rounds in ~10 seconds. Galaxies will burn....
  10. Shadowomega

For the people say its going to suck, its only going to do that for solo users. With a team of these their going to hurt everything. Got a feeling that if this does go live we will see alot of whine that the VS are op with this rifle while everyone else sucks with it.
  11. Crayv

A full squad of Annihilator users would outright destroy a Gal and in less time.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shadowomega

Out to only 450 m this will still hit and deal damage past that.
  13. LodeTria

It seems to have a range of 430m before the bullet disappears.
  14. CapEnTrade

That will never happen. Quit misleading yourself and others.
    • Up x 1
  15. CapEnTrade

It's a workable idea however. They need to make it a bit better and I'd be ok to see it in the game.

1. Make it do a bit more damage to vehicles specifically.
    2. Remove sway from the lower zoom default optic.
    3. Remove the magazine, make it draw directly from the ammo pool.
  16. Liewec123

people saying "whole squads of these will be OP!" whole squads of ANYTHING is OP lol,
    you get enough people spamming strikers and vehicles will die fast.

get 15 people on basilisk flashes (which utterly suck) and vehicles will die fast.
  17. Campagne

Meh. Could be worse I guess. I'm glad it at least does some damage to all vehicles.

Thanks for the info!
  18. FBVanu

This may come as a surprise to many, but i just don't like the idea of yet another weapon that does damage to vehicles,
    from a far away hidden spot, without rendering the source...

Vehicles have enough to worry about.. tanks in particular got the nerf hammer to cannon effectiveness.. and Infantry was
    supposed to get their AV weapons reigned in.. .. never happened.. instead, now there will be a sniper rifle that shoots
    farther than a MAX.. beyond render.. ? And the velocity of this ueber-rifle ammo is twice that of a tank shell?
    What's next? Wizards and Fairy dust that melt Sunderers?

Can somebody put up a video of this magical rifle?
    • Up x 3
  19. Neo3602

You really shouldn't be worried I just tested in PTS and it took 31 shots to the front of a magrider to kill it on top of the low damage it's got a pretty slow cycle speed so any follow up shots aren't going to be to quick.
  20. RedArmy

its a rifle that cannot stealth, remember that and be grateful. imagine a squad of AV cloakers, this would be a far more terrifying sight than a hill full of Raven Maxes....