Another day, another Phoenix buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St0mpy

why what do you think it is? and whats the follow up statement? :)
  2. INFP

I am assuming 300 as well followed by the projectile being able to travel further. However, I don't know which is why I asked.
  3. LibertyRevolution

Striker can get lock 500m out, and it will then fallow them much longer out than that.
    500m lock on range means it can lock onto the flight ceiling from the ground in quite a few places..
  4. Sedisp

This is patently untrue. The math is completely made up.
    • Up x 1
  5. INFP

What are the true numbers?
  6. Sedisp

Vastly depends on the range

0 Meters
    • Phoenix - 5 missiles, TTK 25.7s
    • Striker - 18 missiles, TTK 39.7s
    100 Meters
    • Phoenix - 5 missiles, TTK 35.7s
    200 Meters
    • Phoenix - 5 missiles, TTK 45.7s
    300 meters

• Phoenix - 5 missiles, TTK 55.7s
    Please note that this assumes his initial point blank TTK is not completely skewed towards the Striker which considering his posts might be a really bad assumption. Travel time is irrelevant on the striker since it's fire and forget getting killed while missiles are in the air does not remove the missiles from play.
  7. St0mpy

Oh ok, my apologies, the devils advocate remark caused a thought that you may of had a follow up in mind :)

Its 400m for the Striker, 300 Phoenix.

Ignore him, hes just b@tthurt from the earlier conversation where he tried to troll with same kind of bs. If you read back theres been a whole lot of abuse thrown at me because I dare to declare the Phoenix OP in so many ways...but every single figure I use I can prove and back up. Im not sure they can.

I put the full equations to calculate TTKs at any distance over 1m for you on page 8. You can find them here.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...other-phoenix-buff.110392/page-8#post-1487032

ALL: If someone who is actually good at math would like to comment, please tell these trolls my math is 100% correct. Theyll just carry on lying about it otherwise.
  8. Sedisp

The striker has a five hundred meter lock on range.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=75

Your point about tower fights is stupid. At ranges that are that close you are much better off equipping a Deci or even the default rocket launcher to deal with armor. This is true of the phoenix AND the Striker.

I don't know what you were using to make that equation but it's not math. You haven't included the fact that you need to add travel time to each cycle of the phoenix since it can't fire without an impact.
  9. St0mpy

Instead of trolling why dont you go the hell onto a server and find out for yourself? Im still right there now! Pointing my lock at 401m. Guess what, I have no lock and it drops out at exactly 399m. Go on, try it.

For once do a test rather than send another heap of BS my way.
  10. Sedisp

And now you're lying!

http://imgur.com/RFwoH61

Circled it for you.

So I really am going to call in question the validity of your tests.
  11. St0mpy

I only looked at the 300m one and its wrong. Completely. 40 seconds flight time before we start, leaving a 15.7 point blank ttk to fire 5 missiles, thats like 3 seconds per including reload, which we know is what, 5.2 seconds per reload or something? So yeah, I call BS. Show your working. I did.

Bottom line, I check my figures for accuracy and dont just rely on someone else to tell me what they are, eg like its 400m and not 500.
  12. St0mpy

No im not lying, I dont need to lie, lifes too short, it genuinely is cutting lock at 400m. This may be a bug or something.

[IMG]

[IMG]

So call what you like, I have no reason to lie. If this is a bug I apologise for doubting you, it may be 500 but right now, I lose lock at 400.
  13. Sedisp

That's thirty seconds flight time.

You don't check your findings at all since you apparently lack the ability to do basic math!

http://imgur.com/RFwoH61

the Phoenix projectiles travel at 50 m/s at 300 meters this = six seconds total flight time ( a little more because it accelerates to that speed but it's negligible.) it requires five shots to kill so five cycles of six seconds added which is 30 seconds.

You've already lost any good will so post a video of this lock on loss happening or I'm going to assume you just drove a TR sundie up there or the branch is obfuscating the lock.

Just wow dude. You're digging yourself in a hole.
    • Up x 1
  14. INFP

Not to be a nob but if I'm reading you right the phoenix takes 5.2 secs to reload not 6 (as per the spreadsheet you posted earlier). Also if you're firing 5 shots you only need 4 reloads, unless you're starting with an unloaded gun (which you wouldn't be right?).

4*5.2 = 20.8 (we'll called it 21)

That's 9 seconds quicker than what you posted.

If I've missed something obvious here I apologise, it's late.
    • Up x 1
  15. Sedisp

Yeah that chart is pre reload speed buff so it's off. I didn't use the chart for reload time I used the figures that st0mpy provided

His TTK I assume didn't include the last reload so all I did was add flight times of each projectiles to his pointblank tests.

Considering how reliable he's been I probably should confirm it on my own.
  16. Zaik

5 Phoenix shots = 4 reloads
    18 striker shots = 3 reloads

Apparently we're so OP that we almost kill vehicles as fast as the Striker with 3/5ths the effective range.
  17. St0mpy

for gods sake, im gonna give up with you :D

1) Flight time is EIGHT seconds. Not six. TIME IT. Then time it again to check, and again to check the check, see, its 8.

Five eights are? 40

2) We are both right and wrong on the lock distance. I happened to use a sunderer, sunderers have a 400m lock max for Striker. However on MBT, ESF etc, the lock is 500m. I apologise again, I was right but also so were you.

I just used my head lol, or am i not allowed to have the intelligence to write my own equations? Try them out, throw some test figures in, theyre quite simple, you can self verify, theyre kosher.

I can write my own functions too! Wheeee! And its absolutely math, not sure what you think it is...no wait, dont answer that :D

Lastly all travel times are included in equation, infact everything is, just plug in the distance and the amount of shots and itll give you the TTK for your exact distance against that exact vehicle type.
  18. St0mpy

If you werent so damn confrontational perhaps you could ask me what your not sure of, however instead you seem to have to either lie or challenge me to present you an answer and its tiresome. Not once have I lied or misled anyone.

You can rage at me all you like about calling the Phoenix OP, thats fair, its my opinion but never have I lied or made stuff up. Every figure has been tested myself and checked for consistency. Take it or leave it.

(altho id rather you checked it and came back to say oh ok, yeah you were right, or close enough)
  19. INFP

You using VR or raw data for the calcs? If the VR then a video would prolly put all this to bed.
  20. Sedisp

1) I am going to use the data mined projectile speed. Assuming you are true and the rev up time makes it to eight seconds the TTK is even longer. Using the ingame client to test projectile speed is stupid. If they stealth nerfed the speed to 40ms the TTK is GLOBALLY longer.

2) Assuming this is true (i have found nowhere in the VR to lock onto a sundie from 400+ meters.) this proves you don't actually play the game. So you are cherry picking what vacuum to use.

I took your word at face value I learned that you are a very untrustworthy source of information so I redacted previously assumed information you provided.

I find it amusing you are no longer defending your data but saying that other people are lieing.

Please show what I have lied about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.