Airhammer is not OP?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jubikus

Unfortunately nothing but if your like me sometimes your just way better with a weapon randomly than you usually are. Personally im happy with where the banshee is at im not happy where its counterparts are but then again i just dont like the interaction between A2G ESF anyways.
  2. Gundem

Oh cool, I actually remember that post now. That thread was hilarious and sad at the same time.

But nah, I'm not him. I do agree with his sentiment though. I mean, in that thread alone there are tons of people who openly admit that they have never flown or refuse to fly, but then claim that air is OP. It's a simply fallacy of logic, and doesn't make for a very persuasive argument.
  3. zaspacer

In my experience working at a Dev, most Devs flat out think they are THE experts and find non-bug feedback from players to be useless.

One of our APs gathered player feedback and handed it out to each Dev for the content they worked on. Most Devs just dropped it right in the trash and didn't bother to look at it.

Devs do react to the community exploding on an issue though. I think largely because it freaks out their bosses (and their bosses bring it to their attention).
  4. Colonelveers12

My point was that if people looked at the "Staff Post Tracker" they would notice that either Radar & others have either been on a month long vacation (which they haven't) or they've been told to stop responding threads as the only things that have been posted by any dev on forumside have been patch notes. All of the drama/suggestions/ideas/ragethreads have been completely pointless (not that many intelligent things ever come out of this forum...) as they don't really care what people are saying here. I'd wager DBG is like a tv show that has been told it has a certain number of seasons it is going to be running so they know just what they are going to be doing and aren't going to be hiring any new writers down the road to write stuff that wasn't already planned. (not to turn into a any sort of rage/flame war post) BUT it's rather obvious that they don't care all that much about saving the game as there are certain changes that could have been done or rather, undone, that could very well bring back some light into this place, imo.

But I have gotten extremely off topic so I apologize to anyone who cared about this thread and I will now depart from said thread.
    -toodooloo

(but as to the actual thread i'll throw my 0.02. ppa is more noob friendly and therefore much easier however once you have skill the ah is a god gun, and well banshee is just kinda meh).
    • Up x 1
  5. zaspacer

Yeah, I agree. The PS2 Devs are riding their paychecks. I think they've underwhelmed (for the most part) since launch.

I gree that the PPA is easier AI than AH. Though as has been stated, the ESF PPA loadouts really suffer vs. enemy ESFs.

AH is too good vs. MAX and too effective vs. enemy ESFs. The skill floor of the AH reduces numbers of effective users, but it does nothing to reign in the power of those players with enough skill to use it effectively. And that just makes for a Weapon that is unusable by the masses and broken OP for the top x%: which is a TERRIBLE unit configuration in a game that's supposed to be for the masses.

ESF as a unit is a mess for a game that is supposed to be combined arms accessible and played by the masses. And the lack of a proper ESF training option just hurts that more.

It's staggering to see the quality of game they had at launch, and how they've done so little since then. Typical SOE.
  6. zaspacer

I don't think a player has to use Air to get a general sense of its power level. Especially not in specific situations. Sure, they'll lack perspective and what the flight experience is like. But that doesn't limit them from getting a sense of impact from in-game experience or from looking at various stats.

Not saying they won't leap to incorrect conclusions, miss some things entirely, or (as is often the case) jump in with a mega-bias toward defending the legitimacy of buffing whatever unit/playstyle they play.
  7. Problem Officer

Pretty terrible considering it's the only nose gun that requires you to be in Decimator range.