Airhammer is not OP?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Reclaimer77

Slightly condescending isn't he?

If being in a squad with him is anything like discussing this on the forums....no thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. Reclaimer77

That's like saying the knife is a "true counter" to a Max unit. Because if you coordinate enough guys to go around stabbing Max's, they'll have success.

Just...you know what, you've been nothing but hostile arrogant and condescending for no reason. Do you really want to discuss this, or hurl insults?

The sudden and instant OHK effect of the Airhammer and other weapons is what I object to. It must feel extremely rewarding to the pilot, that's great. But it sucks to be on the other end. It would be nice if this game had had AA weaponry that felt equally rewarding and effective, but it just doesn't.

The closest thing was probably the pre-nerf Striker. And that was only in large numbers, and the Sky Knight flight-sim rejects still got it nerfed into uselessness.

Your "coordinated group of AA" notwithstanding.
  3. orangejedi829

Airhammer is OP.
    ESFs having very powerful AI weapons while infantry have completely ineffective AA weapons is OP.
    Tanks used to have very powerful AI weapons, and players whined to no end. So not only were the tanks made much less effective at AI, but the infantry were also given more powerful AV weapons. When it comes to air, though, neither will the devs reduce A2G effectiveness, nor will their boost AA effectiveness. It's ridiculous. Why are air vehicles exempt from balance?
    • Up x 3
  4. Gundem

Are you calling me a jerk? Because I suggested for him to play with me? My hope is that he would learn and become a better player, not because I enjoy hanging around cruel or spiteful people.

And what posts that are full of ****? Quote them. I'd love to see what of my posts you think are ****.
  5. Gundem

Your grasping at straws about counters doesn't constitute a persuasive argument. By your logic, I could say that the Decimator isn't a counter to tanks because it doesn't 1-shot 20 tanks the second you spawn with one. A counter isn't defined by whether it requires coordinating but rather by how effective an individual unit is. AA in PS2 is a soft counter and nothing you say will change that. In PS2, soft counters scale with population into a hard counter. The hard counters in PS2 are few and far between.

I have been perfectly calm, it is your defensive perception that causes you to assume that I am hostile. I am stating facts.

Factually, I said that coordinated AA is a counter to air. Factually, I invited you to play with a skilled liberator crew in hopes that you would gain a better perspective of the airgame.

Factually, you admitted that you have never flown, thus factually, your opinion is invalid because you haven't experienced it.

Plus, I never said that I disagreed that the AH was in need of change. I disagreed with your inaccurate sentiment that there is no counters to aircraft.
  6. RedArmy

the airhammer AND the LPPA are OP - and thats based on my feelings with the Banshee being nerfed to the ground. its damage or its splash need to be increased or the others need to be brought down to the banshees level of ********
  7. Colonelveers12

And people wonder why the devs never go to their forums for player feedback....
    • Up x 1
  8. zuka7

but, but where my Banshee at........... Wish I could go on a 24 kill spree in a one minute and 20 seconds even with the pre nerfed Banshee or current AH.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. haldolium

10. Reclaimer77

I'm not sure where I said I've "never flown" in Planetside 2. Just because I don't spend hours and hours a day with my nose down spamming helpless infantry does not mean I've "never" flown an aircraft...

However assuming that's the case, how exactly is someone's opinion "invalid"? That's just some Forumside nonsense Red Herring and you know it. The OP posted statistical proof that he used the AH and it's broken in his opinion, so why can't I agree with him again?

Secondly, you don't invite someone to play with you while calling them "ignorant". If that was your idea of a legitimate invite, your social skills need some work.

Now as far as hard vs soft counters, we're on the same page. My issue IS that "AA" weaponry is by and large designed as a deterrent instead of being lethal. Wasn't that clear in my original post?

Do we really need ESF's to have such "hard counters" against Infantry: the weakest unit in the game? Given all their other advantages it seems absurd.
  11. Gundem

Quoted directly from the "Sick of Warpgate attacks" thread.

The issue of deterrent stems from the fact that Flak is extremely easy to use. Lethal AA weapons, like ESF cannons or rocket launchers, require actual skill.

Infantry are the bottom of the food chain. The strength of infantry lies in the fact that they can spawn aircraft. Bad base design aside, the only reason infantry are needed is to capture the point.

And for your first point, let me ask you: Have you ever had a Kidney Stone? Have you ever broken a bone? Have you ever given birth? These are all extremely painful experiences. You can't really understand how painful they are until you have experienced them yourself. Likewise, you can't really comment on the status of Aircraft with any real authority unless you have actually devoted time and effort into the art, otherwise you simply lack perspective and do not understand 50% of what you are talking about.

And like I said, I agree that the AH is too strong as is. But this is from the perspective of a player who flies libs, ESF's, and runs infantry. My comments about your invalidity are generally aimed towards your negativity towards aircraft in general, not towards your opinion on the AH.

Finally, my invitation was completely serious. My intention is to let you experience aircraft, thus allowing you to comment with greater perspective. Not to insult you or degrade you. I promise that I am quite a congenial person ordinarily. I just can't stand when people who refuse to even play aircraft go on massive tirades about how OP they are.

• Up x 1
  12. Taemien

I don't get the Airhammer. I've used it, and done alright with it. Its an AI nosegun and that's about it.

But what puzzles me is being on the recieving end of it while playing TR. Sometimes it will gank me out of nowhere. Sometimes I'll take 3-4 hits and not even have my shields fully depleted. I'm guessing that's the random spread.

In addition I don't think its OP. The range they have to get into, puts them in Deci range. They can 1-3 shot me, or I can one shot their nanite cost vehicle. If I'm a heavy of course.
  13. PasitheeVS

Well, Ganks, BNLGs or even BNLGanks are a small Problem.

Airhammer might not be the best counter for ganks, but as I mentioned, you can just push the Afterburner button and fly away.
    Either to a Warpgate or to a building to bail.

I was maybe lucky that NC had Indar at this time and it was rather about ganking than about being ganked.

immortal... well, the only thing that could've killed me were OHK things like Tank Shells (and it's NC, the only tank shells that can OHK you are the Vanguard or Magrider FPC), Dalton, RLs and enemies or teammates ramming you.
    Teammates are the most dangerous thing.
  14. DooDooBreff

i didnt call you a jerk for suggesting he play with you.... it was everything else you said

and i wont be trying to dig up any dirt about you because i dont care.... i was referring to your posts in this thread
  15. FateJH

Gundem, were you Jawarisin in a past life?
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

last time i played with Banshee - and i felt like it got buff
  17. Foxirus

Personally I think its moreso because current AA options are a joke. You simply cannot kill air units that do not wish to be killed, 4/5 times they will escape. I was flying around yesterday in my ESF, Running my freebie 25% repair. Its simply too much health gain, They need to lower it back down to 12% like EVERY OTHER VEHICLE IN THE GAME. The ESF is the fastest most manerveable vehicle in the game, That is more than enough balance for it not to need 25% free repair while not even on fire.
  18. tijolo

As always, people start turning on each other and forget about the subject and soon the thread is closed and the weapons stays the same.
    • Up x 1
  19. Gundem

Nope, I've always been Gundem. Is that a negative remark thought? I'm unaware of who Jawarisin was or how he/she acted.
  20. FateJH

Here's a good 13-page long thread. The topic also bled over in a few other threads around the same time.
    The gist of the OP is enough to understand my reference: