Adrenaline pump vs Nanoweave armor?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by XOLiD, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Krona

Do yourself a favor and get grenade bandolier.
  2. Conq

Who has resources for 3 grenades and 2 C4?
  3. J1GGAWAT

I absolutely love adrenaline pump. LA is the only class that can get a movement speed passive ability (right?) and being one of the few people moving faster is awesome. You can turn corners faster than other people and fly up to rooftops etc, it makes juking enemy players much easier. I haven't tried nanoweave yet, but it seems like a better fit for some of the other classes since my LA playstyle is very high movement based.
  4. Mrasap

why is there no love for the faster shield recharge? :(
  5. ArielFox

Whatever floats your boat - I've run with it on occasion (only lvl 1 though) and nanoweave, then settled on adrenaline pump just because I figure speed is good :D
  6. Jadith

Ikr. Those 2-3 seconds i used to spend hoping noone shot at me are now spent shoving a shotgun in people's faces. Those 2-3 seconds are everything to a LA.
    • Up x 2
  7. Themanwithaplan

Both are a joke to be honest, for a palpable upgrade get the extended magazines or wathever they're called, even if you are playing in a team you might run out of ammo in the worst possible situations, you don't want to relly on your sidearm in the worst case scenarios.
  8. ghnurbles

I always run with ammo bandolier. With the VX6-7 and the extended mag Pandora, running out of ammo is very easy otherwise.
  9. Chancellor Gowron

If you want movement speed you should consider the drifter jumpjets.
  10. Jokkie

I could see Nanoweave being useful for those 1v1 fights where both combatants die. That extra bar of health would give you the edge. That is all its really useful for.
    • Up x 1
  11. Conq

I'd hold out on ammo until the LA patch, Higby mentioned an ammo scavenging function where LA would get more ammo after every kill. If that goes in, the ammo belts will become a little redundant.
  12. Iridar51

Is this real? We're getting ammo scavenging? Can you provide an official link, stating we're going to get that?
    I seriously hope that's wishful thinking on your part, because ammo scavening sound like unrealistic and stupid idea. So, you headshot a guy and magically recieve ammo? You can't be serious.
    Besides, If you find yourself behind enemy lines and killed so many that you ran out of ammo you probably fulfilled your mission already.
    I would hate LA become sociopath and hikkikomori class - "oh look, you got medpacks and ammo scavenging, you don't need anyone else to play your *headshot-engineer-repairing-turret-and-run-away* game"!
  13. Conq

14. Iridar51

15. Themanwithaplan

Dammit, 350 certs down the toilet.
  16. Conq

I don't mind if it requires some sort of up close action, like you have to run up to an enemy corpse and pull out your grope tool to find their ammo. I'm for anything that gets Light Assault out of their perches and into the action like manly men.

Ammo belts would still be good for the girly men, up in their trees, having their little tea parties.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheBloodEagle

Since you're LA, I figure you're going to die quick anyway if you don't surprise someone, etc etc. TTK is quite fast either way. LA should be quick and nimble so I definitely think Adrenaline pump is best. You're pretty much trying to me like HA with level nanoweave but still not close.

HA with nanoweave plus resist shield is best. That's where it actually comes in handy to go from Level 1 to 5.
  18. Iridar51

We're LA. Surprising someone is what we do. You'd be surprised what havoc can wreak one LA in a nice flanking position. And get away with it too.

Added: misread, didn't understood what you meant. Yeah, when enemy starts shooting at us we're pretty much dead most of the time.
  19. Regpuppy

Unless there's a cliff or ledge to jump off to avoid our pursuer!

As for this random rumor of an ammo scavenging ability. I sure as hell hope not. We get something like that and that'd be an excuse to leave the class alone. Wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't nearly useless for anyone who does teamplay. Which is our only true weakness... team utility.

But hey, everyone wants a solo class in a game based on massed outfit on outfit combat!
  20. Iridar51

Please explain. What team utility does Heavy bring? MAX? Rocket Launcher and Bursters are hardly team-oriented.
    Spawn beacons would be nice, because right now they're in awkward position, and LA using them is always at an advantage anyway, but they should still be squad only.

I would really like them to leave the class alone as it is.