Adrenaline pump vs Nanoweave armor?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by XOLiD, Dec 26, 2012.

1. XOLiD

Recently been noticing after unlocking the 4th (20% increase) nanoweave armor cert that I still die just as easy as always. Is it bugged like a majority of other certs? Would adrenaline pump (sprint speed increase) be better to go with?

Thanks.

Also on the LC3 Jaguar does the suppressor lower low/mid range damage or just long range?
  2. Dasmasterneko

Nanoweave armor only gives you a very tiny boost. (for none infiltrators) only the first and arguably the 5th level is straight up a difference while for the infiltrators you need to go up all the way to level 5. Mostly it helps against splash damage like grenades or lib fire.
  3. gunshooter

Depends on your definition of "tiny." turning a 7 bullet kill into an 8 bullet kill is pretty big when you're fighting someone straight up.

However there isn't much of a point to putting more than 1 point into it as LA other than once you've gotten everything else. Level 1 gives you almost everything that level 5 does.
  4. Iridar51

Remember all those time when you survived with only 1-2 bars of HP? Well, that's when nanoweave came in.
    Basically, nano vs pump boils down to whether you want to be able to choose your encounters more freely OR be able to survive a tad longer in those encounters.
    Either way, difference is not huge.
  5. Wrel Developer

Adrenaline Pump is painfully underpowered at the moment. It offers (at most) a 10% movement speed boost. Which is a far cry from (as I recall) the 30% bonus it was intended to have.

I consider Flak Armor or Nanoweave or Grenade bandoliers better options all and all.
  6. Failbrick

Never used adrenaline boost but I find that nanoweave denies snipers a kill on me from time to time.
  7. Ghoest

When I play medic I feel like I have lead boots on. I think Adrenaline is far and away the best choice.

But this really depends on your play style. Are you the guy always Running back over the top of building to shoot people in the back, frequently flanking and just generally dynamic - then Adrenaline is for you.
    Are the more careful type who depends more on poping in and out behind cover and mainly uses the jets for a better firing angle or vantage point? - You might want nanoweave or extra bullets.

One particularly useful aspect of Adrenaline is running down people who dont realize they are being chased.
  8. Cinc

I dont mean to be insulting, but you dont really know what your talking about.

Really, dont take this as an insult, you managed to post a detailed and thought-out explanation. Unfortunately, what you should theoretically be able to do and what you can actully do are 2 diffrent things. Most specificly, your last example. As a LA, i only ever use adrenaline pump, as i prize my mobility above all. Yet when im chasing guys down, i never feel like im gaining on them.

Theoretically, adrenaline pump is awesome. Unfortunately, it fails to live up to expectations. The boost is actully quite small, and almost un-noticable. Farther up someone said a 10% increase, which i honestly don't dout. In fact, i probaly would of replaced it with something else by now, but theres alot of other things i list higher in my prority list. Namely my second stick of C4.

My final verdict is that, as of now, adrenaline pump really just isn't worth it. But if you don't feel like throwing a ton of money into nanoweave armour, you might as well buy it for now. If nothing else, its honestly not that expensive. And as i've been using adrenaline pump seemingly forever, its possible i just take it for granted. All the same, your last example and how it dosent actully play out shows alot.

And again, please don't take this as an insult. We honestly need more logical people like you in here. Still, it only helps us to have our errors corrected.
  9. Ghoest

wrong wrong wrong - try playing the game
    You may be right that its not helping you - but beyond that - NO

Its not like teleport - but it does let you gain on people.
    Often youll be a uncapped base and youll see some guy head out the back thinking hes heading for a different battle or stations - or running alone for some other reason. Hell be to far out of range to shoot but hes totally unaware that you are following him. If you hjave adrenaline you can run him down.

Ive killed many people this way. It happens and its true.

And I do notice it. IMO 10% less time or what ever the increase is is worth it just because it means you are exposed that much less running between building.
  10. japro

I mostly use lvl4 nanoweave and like it. Those "it barely changes the amount of bullets" arguments all seem to be based around the assumption that you take all your damage from a single source. But as it is at least I get usually damaged by 2-4 sources partially before I die. So this assumption that I only loose health in chunks of fixed size simply doesn't hold and in the end 10% more total hitpoints are 10% more total hitpoints... And I do end up with slivers of health quite often when explosives are involved at some point or when I took minor fall damage etc.
  11. Strilac

adrenaline defiantly, if you like to lone wolf a lot, then take extra ammo, but i usually work in a cartain zone, and can always find ammo suply either from friendly engy, or terminal/sundy.

You can skip adrenalin with drifter jets, and just go for either more ammo, or more grenades, as you move faster when drifting.

You are a cqc class, and nanoweave wont help you nearly as much as extra speed, which not only gives you better chance to escape, but also to chase
  12. Foreman Joe

Between nanoweave and adrenaline I'd take the nano probably, though again, if I want to live longer I go heavy assault fully certed into nanoweave + shield. As LA I use grenade bandolier and find it most useful, since you usually can approach enemies from higher ground while they're unaware of your presence.. also works good when you toss them one after another into crowded room - even heavy with a shield won't live after second grenade. Combined with the "noobtube" and c4 it works really well.. or I just like to blow things up :) guess in the end it all depends on your play style.
  13. Chiss

Basically, the first level of Nanoweave will make you take +1 hits to die. The rest wont change anything in direct firefights.
  14. Redshift

Rank 1 nano weave allows you to withstand 1 more bullet from any gun at decent ranges, rank 5 allows you to withstand an extra bullet at decent ranges.

Ranks 2,3,4 will only make a difference if someone is trying to tickle you to death at extreme range, considering how many certs are needed to get 2,3,4 and 5, i think i'll be sticking to lvl 1 until i have purchased everything else i want on all my chars.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  15. Metalsheep

Nanoweave only effect your HP pool, not your shields. So it really only gives you an extreamly small boost. Nanoweave 2 will save you from 1 additional bullet. Nanoweave 1 3 4 and 5 do not boost your health enough to save you from any more bullets. I have heard that level 5 Nanoweave miiiight save you from a Bolt Driver headshot, but i've never confirmed it.

Adrenaline Pump doesnt seem to do too much either.

Flak Armor cuts explosive damage period, to both your Shields and HP as far as i am aware. IMO its the best option right now. But for light assault, the Shield Capacitor may be good too, it allows your shields to recharge 2-3 seconds faster, which can let you strike more often if you take some fire.

Grenade bandoliers are also awesome if you love grenades.

Personally, id just skip Adrenaline Pump and Nanoweave and just get Flak armor or the shields.
  16. cardboardbacon

That 10% increase doesn't seem to make a huge difference unless you plan on sprinting across the map 24/7.

Adrenaline pump should get it's own certification tree with a maximum speed increase of ~30%.
  17. Redshift

I just posted the graph above, 1 and 5 are the only ones that do anything. 1 gives you 1 more bullets worth of health, 5 lets you survive a second bullet from a weak gun
  18. Regpuppy

If Adrenaline pump -actually- gave a decent boost, I'd use it. But it's a very minor one, just like nanoweave. So I just thought of what other issue I had with light assault, and that was running out of ammo on good streaks. So I've invested a tad into the extra ammo. Getting the first two levels is a nice extra two mags for main gun and pistol. Which feels more tangible to me in a world where "one extra bullet" is coming from fully automatic guns.

I'm happy with it. But should they ever increase the boost from Adrenaline Pump, even if multi-level, I'd invest into that. Since mobility is the whole point of LA.
  19. Spag

I got adrenaline pump to replace nano2 playing mostly with a cqc specialized load out. Used it for one day and wish I had my 30 certs back. The increase is negligible unless you're looking to cover seriously long distances. I now have nano 5 and No other option can replace it IMO except maybe additional grenades but I would not have the time to utilize the extra grenades given the situations I put myself in. I use soft point gauss compact s w nade launcher, gd7f and piston as my primary weps.
  20. Conq

I have full nano, full flak and adrenaline pump. Oddly enough I still use my fast slippers most of the time, every bit of speed counts when you're skirting around a tank's line of sight to place C4 or full ****** zig zagging your way directly to a sniper.