Adrenaline pump vs Nanoweave armor?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by XOLiD, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Regpuppy

HA's utility is in being flexible and being the only real infantry option for prolonged or ranged engagements against armor. Max is also -the- best ground based AA unit right now, with dual bursters. They help the team by getting rid of air or armor, and currently, you need a few of each to effectively do this. A Single HA or Burster max is near useless. Not saying maxes couldn't use some more love from the devs, or even other classes in general. But Light Assault is in dire need of it.

Honestly, if bases were designed different and weren't so open to the point where the utility of light assaults being able to use jumpjets is only a very minor convenience. But for now, it's use is in how fun it is to solo with it. But there's no huge tactical use in most situations for our ability to go vertical. At least not when it comes to combat in most bases and facilities.

Some bases on Amerish were a nice step in the right direction, but I feel they need to go further and improve upon all current bases and facilities.
  2. Iridar51

I'm not sure we're playing the same game. Planetside 2 has the best implementantion of jetpacks I've ever seen, yet without making them overpowered and a no-brainer choice.
    Getting rid of armor is hardly team utility, then it could be argued that going behind enemy lines and effectivily dispatching dug up enemy personell is LA's team role.
    Added: Oh, wait, looks like I get it now.
    You''re saying that
    Heavy can fight infantry but also veghicles,
    Medic can fight infantry but also heal and rez people,
    etc
    and LA can only fight infantry, is that what all the fuss is about?
    Who cares about launchers when you can fly...
    Jetpacks allow for surprising and flanking attacks, otherwise non-achivable, and if that's not enough then you're playing wrong class.
    LA's of planetside are hunters of WoW. There's a joke in hunter community that states that all other classes are actually hunter supports, making it possible for hunter to do what they do best - dish out damage.

I would - jokingly - suggest, that same goes for LA. We have Heavies and MAXes to fight air and tanks for us, medics and engis to heal us and supply ammo, while we'll do what we do best - beat the crap out of people.
    *epic music ensues*
  3. Jadith

LA has great team utility. It is easy to overlook and many just go lone wolf, but LA can decide a fight for his team before his team shows up. In a nutshell, here is what you should be doing to help your team:

Scouting
    Kill the medic from behind his meatshields
    Place c4 on escape routes
    throw grenades into the enemy's back
    Using skirmishing tactics to confuse the enemy before an assault.
    Flanking through a two story window with no balconey

Granted, to get the full power of an LA your team needs a good amount of coordination, but, even without coordination, you can be more useful to team than just a being a predator.