AA max is ruining the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by holycaveman, May 4, 2013.

1. Konfuzfanten

You might be one of the few ppl that actually think that PS2 snipers are a problem. You cant even OHK/head shot ppl in nanoweave +2, as already demonstrated on the forum. If you got nanoweave 5 cant get OHK'ed by a sniper even if the guy is standing right next to you.

Yea except if its a single dual burster MAX, then its fair for one guys to denie air space around a base?

The current AA MAX
    a) having the hardest hitting, longest effective range and most accurate AA in the game currently.
    b) having the smallest hitbox of any AA, other then a heavy with a lock-on launcher.
    c) can having the highest effective HPs with flak armor of any AA system - can take multiple dalton hits without dying while a skyguard dies in 2 direct hits. More or less as tough as a MBT with the hit-profile of an infantryman.
    d) able to be revived
    e) can get ammo from engies/consoles
    f) can be pulled from any infantry consoles
    g) 50% resources req then a skyguard
    h) can now be high mobile in a harasser, negating their only real downside.

Its the only one-person AA that effective can negate air over a base, since turrets/skyguards/ESF's cant shot from inside spawns.

The AA MAX is just plain broken, Higbys said that they dont want "one-gun-fits-all", they need to look at the AA MAX.
    • Up x 1
  2. tbot

you forgot:

i) can reach places a vehicle cant, by that it can shoot you from unpredictable spots
    j) if there is no more AIR to kill, can switch his loadout at any terminal to adjust to a new situation (AV or AI)
    k) can shoot protected out of spawnrooms, can hide in buildings. Not like tanks which have to take the beating after being spotted
    l) normally can just be taken out when infantry is closing in, where it performs surprisingly well (AI wise) with DB
  3. Khyrin

I've seen AA MAXes sticking to their spawn room with just me and a LA in the air and 8 outfit mates hanging around and just waiting for him and his half dozen friends to finally grow the balls and at least attempt to flip the point back while i took the occasional Flak round to the face not giving a flying feather about it.
    Till his friend showed up with his bugged Striker which magically still hits you after popping the flares...
  4. Khyrin

Actually that's exactly how the Bursters and except from the Walker every AA gun in this game works, by just splashing the general air around the aircraft with proximity shells that require zero accurate aiming, not that it would be possible in the current state of the weapons beyond 10 meters range, and thus making both, Lolpods and as said, nearly every AA weapon a huge lol-screw-aim i just make the frakking matter around that gay on the ground/in the air explode for several seconds until:

A: i run out of ammo
    B: he dies:
    C: I die
    D: someone else kills him
    E: someone else kill me
    F: he gets out of range

So technically your argument about splashing has kind of a moot point here, if you aks me.
  5. Patrician

One Burster Max will not "tear up" an ESF; if the pilot is any good the best it will do is around 25 to 35% damage; if the pilot is a fool it could do I suppose, but if the pilot is a fool he deserves to be taken down.
  6. Purg

That's the second time you've said that. How does a one-gun-fits-all apply to an AA MAX when it can only shoot down air? Won't scratch Lightnings, Sunderers or MBTs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Patrician

You've not been hit by a Skyguard because nobody uses them as they're useless for the task; so the core of your post is "I want the best counter to air taken out of the game and the worst counter to be the only one available as I should be able to farm infantry in peace".
    • Up x 2
  8. Kozmyk

He'll be whining for a buff to lolpods next ...
  9. Patrician

So which is it you want, infantry to not have AA or, as you state "....dare kill infantry who are too dim to hide behind cover, pull AA...." to have AA to pull? Because last I looked Burster Max's are AA.
  10. MajiinBuu

Guys all empires can use AA MAX. If they're so good get your butts out of the air and use one.
  11. Patrician

So because you've spent "hundreds of hours trying to get better" you expect to be able to farm infantry without them have a defence?
  12. Patrician

Maybe you're different to all the other pilots but it's not too long ago that AA was buffed because all pilots spent their time farming infantry. There is no reason to assume that if AA was nerfed they wouldn't revert to type; infantry farming and ignoring enemy air and armor just as they did at launch.
    • Up x 1
  13. Patrician

Sounds to me like they were trying to infantry farm the spawn rooms and the Buster Max stopped them doing so; good, that's exactly what they're supposed to do. Stop trying to farm infantry and go after armor or other air.
  14. Patrician

In what way is it "proven"? Where is it "proven"? Turrets and Skyguards are not "fully capable of performing AA without max" as they're both pretty much useless at the task.
  15. BH Brigade

The problem is that Bursters have quite a good LoS over most bases from the spawn room. Once again, they don't often kill me from out of the spawn room, but even one second of flak fire will force me to land and repair. They keep me out of the airspace anywhere NEAR the base.
  16. Khyrin

Wish i could go for armor or air but there are to many farking AA MAXes out there that outright gib you when you try to get an enemy ESF into a dogfight....
  17. K3STR3L

Sounds like they are doing their job to me and if they aren't killing you then I guess they aren't OP either.
  18. holycaveman

No I expect anyone who spends hundreds of hours to master a certain faction to get pulverized by a noob with a big gun.

Can not believe some of the things I hear in here.

My brother and I jumped in max's at ceries yesterday and was tearing the skys up. I had my base max one burster, he has a certed dual burster. No medics, just the spawn shields. We played them until we got bored. Right off the bat though I killed the reaver that killed me in my mossi. so that was cool. Next I downed a lib. Before my brother showed up.

They are not needed in the game period(aa max) and there abilities behind spawn shields and being invisible to esf and libs is breaking the game. Its just stupid.
  19. holycaveman

They are a noob tube. There is tons of effective AA in this game. But none as effective and as easy as the AA max. Its a joke. SOE must love the max for some reason. Or there are so many kiddies using them they are making boat loads off of them.
  20. BH Brigade

Just because it doesn't kill you doesn't mean it's not OP. If flash grenades got a 50 meter radius and blinded you for 30 seconds, they don't kill you but they're still OP. If I pull an ESF, I can't support my outfit in large fights because the flak is too much. I would target libs and other air, but flak keeps them away too, plus, every time I get in a good dogfight one sides' flak intervenes.