a comprensive explaination of how cloaking worked in videogames so far

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Skeith, Nov 24, 2012.

1. deusex2

Dude, it's basically carbine, with nerfed damage, range and magazine capacity. And what flanking you're talking about? You're just as visible up close with cloak as you are without of it, for the most part. That gun's only noticeable advantage is it's relatively low recoil, so you have a higher chance landing headshot at medium range, but even that gets useless when you close up on someone.
  2. gunshooter

Its an instagib at close range, no different to any other automatic weapon, I also just acknowledged that it's not as good as most other automatic weapons. The cloak thing is just hyperbole.
  3. Zapon

^remember, the cloak is bugged where it can be picked out with ease from low-end computers and also render distance seem to show it at times. The cloak is bugged- but shouldnt be that way

No comment on the shotgun debate- but the invisibility at all ranges needs fixing across all graphics settings
  4. Grotpar

Death to the impure bullet spammers and jackal abusers!

PS2 infiltrators do need longer cloaks, sometimes I can't even cross to a different building because my cloak ran out before I reach it.
    Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm sure that the basic cloak can only be upgraded for recharge rate, not duration, which is kind of useless, because it already recharges really quickly.