9/7 Update & Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jake the Dog

HE is for scrubs :D
  2. DocteurVK

Wrel confirmed on reddit it was a typo, no rocklet rifle this time...

Nanites?
  3. Eternaloptimist

Oh Bollards! Sorry for the misinformation.

Disappointed.
  4. DobryiPupok

It seems, new building stuff (spawn tubes, vehicle pads etc) will not be added at this time, coz they could not make it work proper?
  5. Halkesh

Currently, Python HE deal 1000@1m so it's enough to OHK infantry with the blast. So the change should affect it too.
  6. DocteurVK

Most definitely...
    On a side note, I know PSBL tried recently a 2nd iteration of "BaseSmash" with these on the PTS.

Dunno if it has worked, but it would have been a good test to see the implementation (1st basesmash test footage is available on youtube)
  7. JKomm

I think they wanted it all to come out at once, and considering the Orbital Strike isn't finished they might have pushed everything... although I believe they are changing lighting with it as well so it might be a larger overhaul than we may think. I believe the bulk of the structures are ready to implement, though it's hard to tell now. Honestly, check out the PTS, they should still be on there... test them out, maybe you can find a reason why they were not added(Likely bugs and performance issues).
  8. JKomm

Well they must have overlooked it... the exact reason they should not have added the Auxiliary Shield, just give new players the Medkit/Restokit by default instead. Much less work, and doesn't require a massive rebalancing of the entire game.
  9. CaptCran

I just hope everyone gets reimbursed the Certification Points for everything that comes standard now. i.e forward grip, sights, and other attachments and equipment. :rolleyes:
  10. adamts01

Coyotes weren't even close to competitive with a nosegun. I can't imagine anyone but a wannabe tryhard complaining about them. Seriously, it took 5 salvos if you were 100% accurate before, with reload speed and assuming the enemy isn't running fire supression, that's like a half minute time to kill, compared to 10 seconds if your opponent lands only half his shots with a nosegune. ******* skynights, only people who are even bigger ******* are spawnroom maxes.
  11. stalkish

Excellent news imo.
    Conts locked too fast / frequently.
  12. adamts01

But everyone starts with at least 5 points. All this does is make holding territory more important if you plan on winning with alerts, objectives and hives. Not sure this will really lengthen things. We'll see.
  13. stalkish

O right, must have missed where they said that.

Seems like a pointless change then at first glance, as you said, we'll have to wait and see.
  14. DocteurVK

From what I've read, they changed it to streamline the various means of getting VPs, with refined rules for territory control and hive efficiency.
  15. Pikachu

Big buff to triage? F**k yeah! Only 3 years late.
  16. Halkesh

Auxiliary shield goal is to reduce the feeling of being instant killed for new player, medkit/restoration kit don't work for that.

Plus, I may be wrong but I think restoration kit rank 1 is already available on character creation. Edit : I was wrong, I'd just checked IG
  17. NoBuddy

Hi guys,
    Servers are up (Miller / EU) since 16:30 MESZ something, but the patch is not published can not be downloaded and game can not be started?

May they will fix this today?
  18. adamts01

Mine started as fast as normal with the changes on Connery. You should move to America where everything it awesome.
  19. LaughingDead

Aw, no more building on the crowns c point? :(
  20. JobiWan

Well I'm not sure what the update broke but I just played and died 20 times in a row without a single kill. I shot some enemies point blank and it's like they were indestructible.

And then of course, it crashed. And crashed again. Why oh why do I play on update day?