5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. phreec

No. They're supposed to be flashy and exclusive (even though they suck).
  2. uhlan

I've been playing since beta and I have ZERO Auraxiums.

For a long time I would delete my characters around level 40 as I found it fun running around with iron sights, then earning the scope, then the foregrip, etc, etc...

Yeah, seems weird I know, but I needed something to work toward to keep me going that was a reasonable accomplishment with limited gameplay. Plus it was exciting to me.

Eh, go figure.

The new directives are a neat addition to the game, but it does absolutely NOTHING for new players.

What the game needs along these lines are meaningful (or cool) achievements that are reasonably accomplished along the tiers.

As it is, the tiers are horribly skewed. The lower tiers are fairly balanced, but the last tier is a real bear.

If you aren't an extremely active player it'll take you weeks or months maybe a year for one and so becomes virtually meaningless.

The devs have a good start here.

This is just the first bit of structure, they say, with more to come.

I sincerely hope they see the short-comings thus far and flesh this system out a bit more.
    • Up x 2
  3. minhalexus

The overtime you speak of literally means weeks. By literally I'm counting each and every hour of the week.
  4. TraatAdmiral

This is an issue, too. The directives problem is just an extension of the same problem with weapon medals, but it exaggerates it even further. It takes eight hundred kills to get the gold directive tier, and then a further five thousand before you get anything else--the gold tier is actually less than a seventh of the way to the Auraxium one. That's nuts.
    • Up x 1
  5. Saber15

Treat the TRAP like a burst-fire SOAS instead of a sniper and you'll get it over with faster. The KSR is the next best option.
    Don't even touch the 99SV, it's total garbage.
  6. TraatAdmiral

I know. It's still gonna take way longer than if I had another BASR, though. I can't say I'm really looking forwards to the TSAR, either. I've got a couple hundred kills with it, but still. Either of those will take way longer than my RAMS and SR-7 did/will.
  7. Nexus545

Using what and at what time of day do you play at? I rarely play at peak hours and since the games official release I only have 9000 kills across all my weapons.

The point is that probably <5% of players will ever unlock 1 on these auraxium weapons (my own estimate but I reckon it isn't far off). When you deny so many people access to a weapon it should be 100% cosmetic and not have any unique traits or functions.
    • Up x 1
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

10 auraxiums on same weapon is way too high.

But not high enough for directives, apparently.
  9. Tommyp2006

The problem isn't that they're too hard to get, that's the entire point. The problem is that there's no reward at all for the lower tiers except for useless points. Smaller rewards like decals, titles, hood ornaments, etc should be given out for the lower tiers.
    • Up x 4
  10. Nexus545

No the problem isn't that they are hard to get. No is complaining about getting lumifibre or armour. People are only annoyed about the weapons because they aren't purely cosmetic. If the auraxium weapons had everything the same as their normal counterparts but just looked different no one would be annoyed.
  11. Tommyp2006

You're the only person in this thread who has complained about them having "unique" attachments.
  12. Titan6

SVA-88, Orion, Ursa and working on the LSW (Almost half way done)

I play during all parts of the day. Sometimes in the morning, during peak, sometimes at night. Usually only an hour or two when I have extra time.

Also, you'll get there just by playing the game. It's not difficult, it's just time consuming. Regardless, you will get it one day. The better plays will obviously get it before you, but they'd get it before you either way.
  13. IamnotAmazing

14. reydelchicken

I already have a few of these unlocked, and I can say I don't plan on using them unless you can at the very least change the optics on the guns.

Besides that however, I think they're in a good place now, and wouldn't even mind if you had to auraxium ALL weapons in a class to get the new gun.

They add a little "side goal" to the game you won't be able to accomplish in a single day, but can get over the course of a few days/weeks. Very nice imo.
  15. Bankrotas

Honestly, you're doing it wrong. I suggest looking at your playstyle and check after, what you can get with playstyle you like. Get rewarded for doing something you love, don't be shallow individual, who only does stuff for menial reward.

Not to everyone. What you're doing, is bragging, which ain't nice.
    • Up x 5
  16. LT_Latency

5 is ALOT especially for guns that are all the same type. There is no way anyone who hasn't logged 600 hours is going to be able get these unless you only play one thing

If it was get 5 then you can pick one. That would be a little better.
  17. reydelchicken

Eh, I have less than 600 hours and have 3 of these unlocked. It just depends if you play aggressively or not.

If you look at it differently, it's a good incentive to try out playing in a more "kill everything" style.
  18. Bankrotas

And being skillful or not, with good PC or not does matter. I'm probably more agressive than you, but I don't have your KPH and KD or accuracy.
  19. LT_Latency

Yes and by your stats you are clearly an average fps player. 40% accuracy Holy crap
    • Up x 1
  20. Bankrotas

These rewards are clearly for average players like him. Git gud.
    • Up x 2