2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRunDown

The point wasn't that EU and US server are Split, Nor did I mention they are... (But some SOE Games are)
    I meant with Pro7 when it comes to account options, subscription bonuses and Store Exclusive are NON EXISTENT!
    All it has done is divided EU and US players and creates a sense of discrimination when it comes to Regional Content Bonuses..
    Don't get me wrong, There is no "intentional" Discrimination, but there is a horrible lack of any attempt to even try give all areas of the world the same content that is currently available to the US.. So it feels like everyone else around the world is being left out because of this division of accounts, and its very frustrating and annoying.

Pro7 and SOE accounts should seem seemingly the same with almost mirrored luxuries, as if you had no idea you was even on Pro7.. but if you can't do that, Don't BOTHER TRYING, go back to SOE only accounts like it used to be..
  2. Furluge

I would prefer the one item for 2000 a month than a 500 cert reward. True I can't store up the 2000, but I would prefer to pick out an item once each month rather than having to store up multiple months to get the same benefit.
  3. GunsmithJoe

That's all well and good for you, but you're ingoring the people who may instead wish to purchase two or three boosts with their monthly injection of SC (not certs).
    • Up x 1
  4. Mormomboy

I still think the very best option that would please everyone, is let us pick each month.
    Say this month I choose to claim 500 SC, and it rolls over. Next month I claim the 2000 SC Token that I have to use that month.
    Next month I choose 500 SC, I now have 1000 SC and next month I could claim the 2000 SC token and get something.

You have already agreed to let us keep claiming the SC and letting it roll over so long as we claim it, why not let us choose each month which one we would like.

This would please everyone.
  5. Stimpy77

I'm here late but then I was so completely put off by the prior plans I didn't intend to come back. These changes are great. I was and still am annoyed that I had to log in to "claim" virtual currency after I had already forked over physical currency purely for the purpose of having virtual currency (boosts are nice but not as important to me). But I'll definitely take that plus the ability to accrue it over the use-it-or-lose-it 2,000 credits per month. I have also been thoroughly perplexed and disgusted by the verbiage that these virtual currency credits are "bonus" or "free", as an "extra reward" for logging in and for being a "member", as if how nice it was of Sony to actually hand something over after their customers paid them hard-earned real money repeatedly (every month), when without it the customers were getting the same thing without forking anything over. I still think this would be wrong to have to log in and claim it--however, my opinion is a bit closer to neutral now given the all-access subscription plan. I don't care much about the other games, but I don't deny that there's some virtual value in that. Games I never intended to pay for but are now accessible at a savings of $hundreds, .. yeah I don't like to have to log in and claim what I would've already paid for but .. well, wah.
  6. Stimpy77

I think that's overkill. Personally I think the initial investment especially of, say, a one-year prepaid membership should be a sign-up bonus of $2,000. You can use it then and there or you can accrue on it. For people complaining that they can't get some $700 item up front, problem solved. In FireFall (another game I'm playing), up-front bonuses are given for large bulk payments, but the rewards are not just bonus virtual currency but also bonus otherwise-very-expensive physical predefined rewards, namely some wearable accessory and a pseudo-vehicle (gliderpad).

But then again, there is no PS2 investment, just all-access monthlies, so this argument is moot.
  7. Mormomboy

I have been playing FireFall as well, waiting for more content and less bugs, I about maxed out my Rhino and Mammoth classes, I love the Dreadnauts.

I Do not see that as overkill though, they are the two plans that SOE offered us, the only difference is getting to choose which one you want.
    Some people loved the token only Idea, I was on the edge.
    Some people loved the 500 SC only idea, I was leaning that way mostly for sales.

All I am saying is how hard could it be to give your account a credit each month to either claim 500 SC that rolls over or 2000 SC token that must be used within the month.

The "credit" I mentioned is not seen client side, all you see when you log in is claim 500 SC or claim token.

They are exactly the two plans given as options to us by SOE.
    SOE decided based on our feedback to stick with the SC and a little discount.
    This made some happy, some got pissed off.

With my plan everyone is happy.
  8. Zok

With restricted certification the player is shoved into a corner having to "choose' what his specialties are. Kind of like choosing talents in a basic mmo structure. This is a good thing for finding a setup that works for you, rather then giving you freedom to cert every single thing possible, and causing confusion in groups, and taking the immersion of the rpg element that is in ps2.

E.G.

"alpha team needs a gal guys lets get on a move!"
    [5 alpha members pull a gal at one time]
    "UHM. okay... alpha has 5 gals now"

Fixed Certification Roles would be

[Players name], I need you to get your gal
    (hes obviously certed for it because he is in the role specific slot in the squad as "THE GAL PILOT")
    (he is also in the squad you CREATED yourself called "THE PARATROOPERS")
    (this player joined your squad because his friends were offline, and he liked being able to fly the gal and have that role set to his character, he is immersed into the game because of this, therefore, making his character unique as an ace gal pilot, with engineering certed to benefit his character and his abilities.)

I dont mind c4, its the same thing as BOOMER ace units pretty much.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

Closing this thread. Please further discussion in the new thread with new details regarding the New Membership Plan. :)

Originally posted here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-new-soe-all-access-plan-faq.169871/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.