2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaql

that's not actually true - a dev started implementing the "1 free item per month" feature even before it was announced, and some of the code changes made it to the Public Test Server. More details, as usually, on Reddit: http://dk.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1urbbg/pts_unofficial_patch_notes_131217140108_part_1/:D

Sorry Piestro, we still love you! :p
  2. ncDieseL

Sorry, the exchange rates were throwing me, I'm working in GBP. Okay so no change to the 1 month fee, will the other options still be available, 3 month, 6 month etc. at the discounted rates?
  3. Irondove

1) We're lowering the price of All Access to $14.99
    2) We're going to make it so every subscriber to all our PC games an all access member. Basically there will be one SOE membership for our PC games. Please note there are some minor restrictions around our kids titles (simply put - if you're a 12 year old who signed up for FR you won't have access to the adult games so we'll likely leave the lower priced kids offerings as separate subscriptions for under 12 for the same low prices).
    3) We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though :) I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread.
    4) we are going to be giving our members a 10% discount in our marketplaces.

++++++++++++

Thanks

Smed"

So. how do we really feel about monetization?

Here it is.

We believe if we make great games, we'll make money.

In that order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS AN AWESOME DEAL. Thanks a ton!

to those cynical pessimists...i have only this...i pity you. US government is screwing us a whole lot more..yet people seem to trust a government who can print money over a business that has to earn its reputation and its right to exist. *sigh ...tis the world we live in.
    • Up x 1
  4. BioDefault

You can already buy Certs. It's called EXP boosts.

If you buy the 7day boost, you can earn way more than 1000 certs if you play enough. And if you use it combined with double EXP and your membership, you'll be swimming in certs.
  5. Manc

Has there been any more news on how the people of the EU that are forced to have a ProSieben account for SOE games such as DCUO will fit into this new system? Apart from this issue I think it's a fantastic idea but at the moment I have a ProSieben account for DCUO & my old skool SOE account from my PS1 days for PS2 so currently I'd not get the same benefit as my US cousins.
  6. BioDefault

You want some feedback? You haven't made any good helmets. I love your game, and I love all of the staff. You guys are great. But it's fact, the players are out doing you guys in helmets. I use the composite helmets, I really love them. But all the helmets you've release afterwards are all copies of each other. The apex helmets are just the composite with hard hats. And you just took the skull helmets and made them have patterns. You did however, create awesome max helmets. As a VS, I can very much say I am jealous of the Ogre Armor + Windshield Helmet combo. I called it the windshield helmet because I don't know the name of it. I wish we had something like that. *sigh*

But none the less, keep up all the awesome stuff! And release the damn Amerish map already. I usually don't like speaking for others, but I am very confident about this one. WE ALL WANT THE NEW AMERISH MAP ASAP. GOSH!!!

Hugs and kisses,
    Bio~

PS: I found a button, is it from any of your jackets?
    PPS: Nevermind, it was from my other jacket.
    PPPS: Ok, scratch that. I compared the buttons, and it appears to NOT be from that jacket. It's black with a red circle around the hole. If you know what it's from, just tell me.
  7. Jin Shepard

Okay, ill just keep an eye out on my SC balance then.
  8. Piestro Community Relations

We will still continue to offer multi month options at a discount.
  9. Piestro Community Relations

This would have to involve substantial discussion with our partners, so I don't have any answers for you at this time. As things have been fairly fluid, we're in the process of talking to them about the changes we're making.
    • Up x 1
  10. Piestro Community Relations

Work was started in a bunch of places, but this goes quite a bit beyond any specific game. Some teams were ahead of others as well. Regardless, while the work was started it was never fully implemented. :)
  11. Metal Insomniac

When can we expect the 10% discount to be implemented?
  12. Piestro Community Relations

We'll have a full announcement about that. We'll of course need to work out how that is implemented and complete all the work involved.
    • Up x 2
  13. Yosarian

Good letter, been a SOE customer since before ruins of kunark (before SOE lol) and this is the first time I've seen Smed as anything other than the evil CEO whipcracking the devs into putting out half finished games for the almighty dolla... MAYBE I'll give EQN another look, hell I may even spend a few more bucks on PS2 :) (I've already spent several hundred between subs and direct SC purchases, thousands if you count previous games :p)
  14. Manc

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully any issues will get ironed out & we EU players will get the same benefits as the US players.
  15. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

16. Fenrys

20 pages of thread
    tl;dr

Regarding #3: Create an inventory object called "Requisition Forms" that can be used one time to purchase any one item. Once per month, members may purchase a Requisition Form for 500 SC.
  17. PWGuy93

Question: Details when they become available
    How would this membership effect the (Alpha/Beta) of upcoming games such as Everquest Landmark/Next alongside Planetside2.

I can understand paying for alpha/beta access and the founder perks, would THOSE subscriptions (not yet wholly retail) map into these membership changes?
  18. Katalepsis

First of all, you are awesome and this post was awesome and after literally years of playing SOE games almost exclusively (since EQ actually) I can honestly say you hit a home run this time. For just $14.99 a month we're now going to be All Access subscribers by default and this alone should bring more applause than your elven ears can withstand, this is especially true once EQN launches (which, btw, the entire Universe is waiting on with baited breath)!!

GREAT job man, seriously.

Tommy Pierce (aka Katalepsis)

19. JibbaJabba

"We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly."

No, you didn't hear us.

Here is what I want: What I paid for!

It's just that simple. I read the terms of the agreement. I agreed and gave you my money. Now give me that. 500SC per month, period.

I don't want to have to claim it. There is no benefit to me to have to claim it. That is a benefit to SONY because there is an off chance that I won't claim it and you basically get to steal $5 from me. Changing the terms of an agreement after shaking hands is about as low as it gets.

Don't overcomplicate this. Put it back *exactly* the way it was before....because that's what I paid for. I'm not going to get nasty and bring Visa into this or anything but really that's what you've asked for.

TL;DR ..... Leave things exactly the same as they were in the original agreement that I agreed to.
  20. gregfox89

I feel like the 10% off doesn't really let me buy that much more unless I buy a lot of station cash... there is certainly no benefit if I'm only using the 500SC bonus the membership gives. I was looking forward to the pick an item system because I wouldn't have to buy 500 extra SC to buy something that costs 700. I will still have to do that now, except now it feels like even more of an insult because I'm now wasting 370SC instead of 300 to get this one item. I suppose with that 370SC I can buy a 250SC item and a 100SC item which is kind of okay, like hey, maybe a 100SC armor decal- OH WAIT those are covered by composite and drakon armor, silly SOE :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.