200 resources to WOUND things

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Jul 16, 2013.

1. TheBillOf3D

You don't need a drop pod to silently land on top a tank in the middle of nowhere.
  2. theholeyone

An LA being opportunistic and lining up damage requires more skill, its hard enough to get to a tank unseen, harder still to potter about unseen untill it takes damage.

Rockets in C4 fairy range don't give a tank a chance to move out of the way, and they move a lot quicker than a C4 fairy too, this is what balances them out. Focused fire does instagib btw. Like I said previously, resources aren't some balanced investment, 450 res tanks can be killed by 0 res rockets.

Not all bases are covered, in fact most of them allow tanks to fire into a large portion, denying one side the possibility of a lot of area, including the higher ground.

Oh, but here is the kicker, Devs agree with us

• Up x 1
  3. TheBillOf3D

1. L2P as LA. Then it won't seem difficult.
    2. Rockets don't instagib
    3. Nobody sees a tank and says "oh no! We need tanks". They just chew on C4 and prepare to poop as the tank is dealing with rocket spam. Then steal kill from the heavies.
    4. The developers seem to hint they might make proxy useful. So will see if it works against those that know how to C4 a tank without just hoping the driver is sleeping.
  4. theholeyone

1. Why can't tankers L2P? are they just of lower caste?
    2. Half a dozen decis do make the job pretty instant
    3. Not when it is parks right under and air pad no, but when there is armor running around between bases (where it should be), then yeh, we grab tanks.
    4. Is proxy not already useful?
    • Up x 1
  5. Rithlar

No, its actually 300 resources, you forgot the cost of the flash.
  6. Dingus148

Relax, Joshua (dev) posted that the C4 changes aren't planned to go live. They're looking at proxy-radar changes that will help alleviate the problem.
  7. TheBillOf3D

1. The forum LA alway paint the scenario that tanks get c4ed to favor them but that means they either aren't very good themselves or are playing dumb to paint scenarios favorable to them.
    2. More than one infantry instagib a tank together? I'm ok with that.
    3. It's dead then regardless, the C4 just steals the kill. Unless its just a last huzza run as the base is getting capped.
    4. That last point is why I tell forum LA to L2P. You can get around it fairly easily.

But still, if I were holding the nerf bat then I'd only change it to where only the button could set it off. This so friendlies who try to watch someone's back don't take the blame when they succeed in stopping the enemy only to be credited with the C4 kill. And also make it so the jihadi must survive the blast to get an instagib. Still can set it on fire but the big reward should be reserved for those that can get in and away.
  8. theholeyone

1. Lolwut?
    2. Good, cos that isn't going to change either.
    3. What I'm saying is tanks in close to bases get C4'd cos they got too close, away from bases where they should be, C4 can't reach them with any degree of ease, so it requires tanks or air to combat. This is completely as it should be.
    4. Seems useful to me anyway, not opposed to a buff though.
  9. Stew360

Exactly you get 2 c4 in order to KILL MBT that have maybe farm Half of a platoon standing still on a hill near by a outpost or a spawn room
  10. TheBillOf3D

L2P, c4 can reach any tank anywhere fairly easily.
  11. theholeyone

Unless the tanker has also learnt to play, in case the squishy gets mulched. See how the whole skill balance thing works yet?
  12. zib1911

Nailed it right there. That would solve all the abuse, the only drop pot that you should be able to use consumables right off the bat should be the squad beacon. That way there is a big light within 200m which is fair enough warning for a tank/sundie driver.
    • Up x 2
  13. RogueComet

The MBT drivers always love to bring up drop pods and things that don't render. The problem isn't C4, it is drop pods and rendering issues. They refuse to admit to that though. Oh wait, I take that back, one actually admitted to it but then went on to say, "Complaining about those issues will not change anything so I'll complain about this instead." Yeah he actually did that! It is very sad that they can't focus on the real issue here.

Personally I detest the whole drop pod in and kill things so much that I have NEVER used it and I never will use that tactic. I'd be perfectly fine if you had no consumables except squad beacon, yeah.
  14. Dinapuff

Because drop pods. They aren't going to fix some rendering issue or whatnot. They will just nerf c4 so the drop pods become less of an issue.
  15. TheBillOf3D

You don't even need drop pods. Some people just assume that's how they got on their tank without showing up on radar. Just because some on here only know a few ways to C4 people doesn't mean others haven't figured it all out.
    • Up x 1
  16. Adjuchas

The thing about that argument is that it works both ways. "If you can't take out a tank with 2 blocks of C-4 and unlimited free tries, you need to L2P."
    If it was a simple task to protect a tank from C-4, there wouldn't be a problem.
    • Up x 1
  17. Compass

It is a simple task to defend one's tank from C4. Far easier than defending from invisible rockets.
    • Up x 1
  18. makrome

regarding the 'it doesn't render' thing ... how can you tell it hasn't rendered ?
    Same 'argument' was used on the minenerf.
    I mean ... when you would have seen it you would have avoided it, you didn't see it, therefore it didn't render, no other way possible.

Droppods might be a different story, but it's more a droppod issue than a explosives thing.
  19. C0L0NELH0GAN

Ask the Vanu's ....
  20. Snarfy

Leave your vehicle right there pls i need to go buy some more c4.

derp