200 resources to WOUND things

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Loegi

Exactly, there are no problems with C4. At the most there are problems with features, and those can be exploited with C4.

Most prominent problem is the droppod. Though I think that should supply C4, since you're close to a beacon. The stupid thing I think is that you can droppod on a (dead) squadleader, defeats the point of the beacon in my opinion.

Only problem with the Flash is if it's cloaked. Wraith module wasn't thought through enough, and shouldn't provide weapons, and you shouldn't be able to stick C4 to a Wraith Flash. Should be easy to shoot a visible Flash barrelling towards you.
  2. Jachim

Wait a minute. My thread suggesting additional fixes gets merged into the gigathread on C4 crying, and this thread gets to hang around without constructive feedback?

GG no re SOE.
  3. allattar

Surely a simple fix is either of the following.

Update mineguard to an anti explosive protection. Rename it and its protection v mines and c4 is as currwnt. Only change is it effects c4 and mines.

Alternative introduce a new cert for vehicle ablative armour. This provides protection vs heat and he shells but not ap. As well as increaesed protection v c4, and all things exploaive.
    • Up x 2
  4. AnotherNoob

My degree is in mechanical engineering, but hey, what do I know.

You didn't present it like that in your first post, there you just stated different outcomes. Regardless, you don't see a problem with LA (or any other class than can carry c4 for that matter) having a 40% chance of taking out a tank per attempt? Considering you can try about once every minute, where as you can spawn a tank every 5 minutes if you maxed acquisition timer. If you have an artificial situation where you spawn a tank, and the tank immediately gets attacked by a LA, the tank have a 7.7% chance to survive the full 5 minutes... And that is if you assume that the tank doesn't get attacked by anything else.
  5. deggy

Is it raining? Or is that just the tears of the people jetpacking overhead?

I play LA and I think this is fine. I drive tanks and I think this is fine. It may have been a little too much of a nerf, I think 10 seconds of burn time is sufficient, but it's really fine. No class lost the ability to OHKO a tank.
  6. DeltaGun

2/10, should have made whole post rhyme.
  7. Heretic

As far as im concerned if One person can pull a tank, then it should take One person to take it out. What the MBT users are forgetting is, they still have the ability to take on multiple groups of both infantry (And to an extent other vehicles) with very little risk to themselves.

I'd be interested to see the number of players with and without C4. I'd also like to see the number of those people without C4 who regularly play MBT v.s those with C4. I think that you'd likely see a correlation of some sort. 80% of people who complain about C4 generally don't seem to have it, yet are qualified experts on the matter.

Trying to C4 a vehicle of any sorts is always high risk (unless the driver is unaware of his surroundings, or parked in an exploitable position).

When a light assault has C4, that's at most one vehicle (Solo) containing between One to Three people (flash up to an un-certed Harrasser). Yet MBT players reliably expect to get multiple kills when they pull a tank (which unless your an idiot you will). This is why i cant take any anti C4 points seriously.

In practically every game i can think of with both C4 and vehicles, it takes two bricks to kill one. Yet this is the only game where i've found people who think that this is unbalanced. If those same people had access to it (or it was readily made available to all players) then there would probably be no complaints.

Its a classic case of, "They killed me with something I dont have, therefore it must be OP". In reality its a combination of new players without it, fighting off players (who due to the cert cost) are likely to be a lot more experienced.
  8. Ashnal

What I meant was that the same amount of skill garners a different result in the case of a full health tank. However, it won't require any more skill than it does right now to achieve the same result If the LA is opportunistic and times his detonation to line up with other damage. It's not only other LA's you can work with, but HAs with rockets and supporting armor as well. Or you could *gasp* pull your own tank to deal with the threat, everybody has access to em.

You're forgetting the prime difference between rockets and C4. C4 instagibs, rockets do not. Rockets allow the tank to be aware of the threat and act accordingly, C4 does not. Sure well aware tank crews can kill LA's, that doesn't mean they deserve their resource heavy time investment to go poof when they make one mistake, especially in a chaotic battlefield. The resources cost is an investment, why should a greater investment be instantly killed by an investment that costs half that?

Tell me, how is infantry combat going to take a hit when most bases have been getting more and more covered? A tank can't shoot what he can't see you know. The new bases on Esamir have a lot of walls. Infantry will still have a combination of rockets, mines, AV turrets, C4, and superior numbers to defend themselves. It's not like the inability to instagib makes tanks invincible. Damage from multiple sources is cumulative ...
    • Up x 1
  9. DarkNeuron

Press T to go into 3rd person you tank noobs. Do that often...
    I don't know how many hours I have in a lightning, and I've only been destroyed by C4 on the few occasions where I have complete tunnelvision...
  10. RogueComet

ONCE PER MINUTE? ROFLMAO!
    You obviously think that the world is covered in vehicles! Sorry but it isn't. Destroying a vehicle is entirely situational. I actually kept track of several runs where I died and repsawned to try and take out vehicles. I found the average time is more like 6 minutes to a successful vehicle destruction. I actually accumulated data over about 40 runs doing this too. It included failed attempts and successful ones. I consider myself a bit better than average at doing this as well.

No clue where you got your 7.7% chance to survive. Any tank driver with a brain can last long enough that the timer isn't going to restrict them.
  11. AnotherNoob

If the vehicle is anywhere close to a spawn point, reaching it once per minute it not an unrealistic number. And the 7% comes from your numbers, the example with 40% success rate, with the assumption that you can try once per minute. Chance for success would be 1-(0.6^5) for a five minute span. Didn't you have a degree in maths?
  12. RogueComet

Here's the problem with your argument. You and far too many other tankers seem to think you should be invulnerable to all sources of damage, regardless if you are close to infantry or not. Simple fact of the matter is by getting close to the enemy you are sacrificing some of your invulnerability and sorry, but you deserve to die for playing in such an inept manner.
  13. AnotherNoob

From full to burning is hardly invulnerable, but keep your panties on, they went back on the change and are not going to go through with it.
  14. Rift23

That's called a harasser. And they're every tanker's wet dream but they won't admit it because OMG NOT A TANK.
  15. MorganM

You guys heard they aren't pushing the C4 nerf from test to live right?

There was a thread about it earlier... some dev said it wasn't going live... yet...

Farm on!
  16. Ranik

Link to the post? Because it now HAS to be nerfed due to sensor shield rendering proximity useless. Something C4 spammers don't want to admit.
    • Up x 1
  17. MorganM

18. Ranik

IF it's true then the dev is completely in the wrong. If their exists something that makes the only defensive system vs suicide rushing useless. Then it HAS to be nerfed.

Every time a C4 fairy want's to suicide rush he'll equip sensor shield and then proximity is entirely useless. No amount of buffing proximity will mean anything if something makes it not work at all.
  19. MorganM

Sorry I linked the second page. Here's the first page:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...veloper-response-to-c4-changes-on-pts.141457/

All they said was they were NOT nerfing C4 so ppl can calm down and debate it civily now and they are buffing proximity radar.

To me proximity is just one small aid. No reason to throw your 360 situational awareness aside and rely completely on your minimap. Plenty of ppl run vehicles without it and can still avoid C4. Plenty of ppl die to it as well.

Buncha hubabaloo over very little here IMHO.

I'll leave you guys to this debate; just wanted to share that it's not going live ... yet... DUUN DUUN DUUUUUUHHHNNNNNn o_O
  20. Ranik

And my point remains. The only "counter" to suicide rushing now has something which completely disables it. Making it useless. This must be an oversight by the Devs because otherwise their is no possible way it will be balanced.

To put it plainly. Their is now even more emphasis to nerf C4 since implants are coming into play.