1 AV Lockon HA vs 1 tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealMetalstorm, Mar 20, 2013.

1. TheRealMetalstorm

it was posted way up there - my initial post wasn't clear enough. It was past edit duration. You should have simply took the time to read the first page.
  2. TheRealMetalstorm

I have Lockdown 4. Lets me destroy liberators easily (with practice). Also crazy DPS, destroys any tank that stays near me. However if they drive round me I'm dead, duh, so it's rather situational.

"Smoke is essential"
    "take it or don't, your choice" aka use it or die.

See what this becomes? it turns into the flak armour situation - you either cert it or you don't play.
    What's the point of that? If a "hard counter" cert is required for balance to hold, then clearly the thing it counters is a little out of hand?

Those are just my two cents.
  3. Stormlight666

Then wait until the ammo box times out, gain even MORE XP from repairing and then kill him.
  4. TheRealMetalstorm

you know that engineers can place new ammo packs right?

and are you suggesting that the single HA will stop a tank from advancing on his position?
  5. Stormlight666

No. The tank will just drive over him/her or blast them out of existence. Either way the tank still wins.
  6. Stormlight666

UNLESS the HA is using a LANCER or the STRIKER then it'll lose.
  7. TheRealMetalstorm

I don't think the tank can reach the HA from 200m before he blows up.
  8. HellasVagabond

With the current splash damage the tank would lose unless the elevation is not too much.

We really need to be able to blow holes in things :)
  9. vastaitku

Recap:

"hay guize one HA can totally beat MBT ZOMG OP"

"no"

"hay guize one HA plus engie can totally beat MBT ZOMG OP"

"no"

"hay guize one HA plus engie with magical pixie dust with cherry on top can totally beat MBT with broken thread and bent cannon and no ammo ZOMG OP"

"gear up accordingly"

"I DUN WANNA"

"..."

"I CHALLENGE U 2 A BATTLE OF WITS IN CUNTER STRYKE"

"no"

"prowle~r" :3
    • Up x 1
  10. hostilechild

HA will lose everytime unless the tank driver is stupid and has 0 aim. With reduced splash damage the HA might not die but he won't kill a smart tank.

The lock-on distance is 300m i believe and infantry render at 500m (range i have sniped them at least or gauss sawed them) So tank should be safe and spam.

Personally everytime i have been dumb enough to fire at a tank as a lone HA even running to cover after a shot and peek-a-boo shooting, i have died to the tank. (pre blast nerf, assuming the shot didn't render, if it rendered i just backed up). I had better luck on the ground. drop c4 shoot tank, ran around rock, tank drives up dead tank.
  11. Stormlight666

(a) Depends on the Lock-on launcher, (b) if the driver keeps every hit a front armor hit, (c) is firing and making the HA head for cover and (d) type of tank since Vanguard armor boost will help.

Although if the HA is using a LANCER or the STRIKER - the tank is dead.
  12. PaladinZERO

Run him over. end of story.
  13. Duff_Chimp

You can kill Liberators pretty easy without lock down. Smoke isn't essential just useful, more useful than situational ablities...
    If you really don't want to use smoke, use cover turret down behind a hill, use a rock. You don't have to take rockets to the face if you do.
  14. FlayvorOfEvil

The annihilator cannot out damage an engineer repairing at long distances from the front. In the end, the tank driver wins.
  15. TheRealMetalstorm

You haven't seen how quickly I kill liberators with my anchor 4, or the places I can get to with magburner.
    With Anchor 4, I can kill libs the moment I see them and as fast as my tank can fire 4 shots (~5seconds)
    60% velocity buff is serious. 48% reload speed too
  16. Duff_Chimp

Good for you. Enjoy being locked onto in the meantime...
  17. TheRealMetalstorm

implying smoke is nearly essential, empire specific tank abilities have no place in the game
  18. Sebastien

You're all wrong.
    Point the front of the tank towards the HA.
    Let him fire rockets
    The HA will never have enough rockets to kill you from the front
    Once he has run out, you pounce.
  19. Badname2490

OF course how do you factor in the COUNTLESS other SPAMMED tanks in this game?

How do we factor in the aircraft?
  20. MrEclectic

"I've got my eye on you: the Eye of Sauron!"