1 AV Lockon HA vs 1 tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealMetalstorm, Mar 20, 2013.

1. TheRealMetalstorm

1 AV Lockon HA is at an elevated position, with a lockon AV launcher.

How does a tank stop him?
  2. Pat22

Drive away.

Unless he's on the only elevated position in the middle of a desert with no other kinds of cover anywhere for miles...
  3. Ganelon

Blast him in the face? I tend to find that dumbfire launchers work better unless it's at really long ranges.
    • Up x 1
  4. DukeFlash

As the tank driver: First, make sure your front armor is facing the heavy assault.
    Second, try to use your secondary weapon to kill him, if your primary can't.
    Assuming you're an engineer: hop in & out between reloads, repairing your tank as needed if the fight drags on.

Either you'll kill the HA or he'll run out of ammo.
    • Up x 2
  5. Veri

Most people will probably get out of the vehicle and deconstruct.
  6. TheRealMetalstorm

HA has access to ammo from engineer.
    Engineer has no AV turret.

You're starting from edge of render distance.

There is no cover for miles.

Does HA or Tank win?
  7. KAHR-Alpha

8. Pat22

Depends if you drive towards or away from the HA when you see the first lock-on warning. Lock-on launchers do not lock at vehicle render distance, which means if you drive away from the HA, you're safe.
  9. WalrusJones

Is your turret the Kobalt? That can snipe people at sniper ranges quite well.
    • Up x 2
  10. Duff_Chimp

Tanks can use cover too. Cert into smoke. Aim and fire. Often only a direct hit will suffice just pray the guy is nooby and stays out long enough to get a good shot at him. I'll repeat get smoke, it is very useful against these guys. I mostly never die to heavies using lockons. Can't say I'm looking forward for ESLs seeing as both Vanu and NC aren't lockon based. :(
  11. JDS999

Utlize the mechanics of the game, i hear cod is good for some too
  12. treisinegomoh

Is this even a serious question?

If the tank driver is not afk or at least know how to move a tank there is no way a single HA causes any threat to a MBT on long distance (whats i assume since we talking about lock-on's). Drive away, get cover, shoot him, repair, let him run out of ammo, smoke ...
  13. kuper

Just reapir your tank and get some points until HA will surrender.
    • Up x 3
  14. Arkha3

My lightning AP cannon certed into 1.75 zoom is great for taking shots at elevated HA's. Ususally they're sitting still or very slow as they have to ironsight your tank. If there's multiple heavies, it's best to fall back behind cover, being aware of a rusher and pop them one at a time, waiting for backup to arrive
  15. Sapare

We have a winner.
  16. Konfuzfanten

So its 1HA+engi VS tank, its a draw since the tank will properly just drive away or repair until the HA gets bored.

Actually i would properly favor the tank, since the guy just needs ONE luck shot to win.
  17. TheRealMetalstorm

I'm interested in how people see this virtual standoff.

Remember:
    Smoke requires I sacrifice the rather useful Tank Ability.
    Magburner/Lockdown/Ubershield

Smoke requires I sacrifice the rather useful Tank Ability.
    Magburner/Lockdown/Ubershield

If I'm at vehicle render distance, I won't be able to see him. I'm within infantry render distance, which is well within lockon range.

I cannot rely on him being a noob. Otherwise I'd just say "if he's a noob i can get out of the tank and walk to him.
    Smoke requires:
    I sacrifice the rather useful Tank Ability.
    Magburner/Lockdown/Ubershield.

If you all insist that smoke be equipped, it'll be like flak armour being necessary no matter what.
    A little silly for a certain cert to be required to play the game.
  18. TheRealMetalstorm

Anyway, are you saying that this situation is a stalemate requiring the tank keep hiding and repairing?
  19. Zaik

direct hit kill him while he spends 5 seconds trying to lock on to you, or obstruct the center of your vehicle with anything nearby to become completely immune to lockons.
  20. Konfuzfanten

im saying that:
    a) it isnt a HA-vs-tank
    b) the situation will properly end in the tank driving away in boredom
    c) if you want a death, its gonna be the HA that dies - just takes a good aim which is rare among vehicle users