007 Ejection Seat Tanking

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schwak, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Schwak

Can you please ***** fix this already?

• Up x 21
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

+1
    • Up x 5
  3. belthazor3457

Alternatively, make it a full-feature to get an ejection seat that catapults you into the air a-la titanfall, and a nuclear ejection self-destruction mechanic for the tank. Go HAM with it, SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!

I can see the youtube montages now $_$
    • Up x 7
  4. Pikachu

It happened to me today too. I thought this was fixed. :L
    • Up x 1
  5. dstock

Also very tired of this. I find it amusing occasionally, for example when you get thrown 100+ meters in the air and survive, or get tossed 5m up and die.
  6. Trebb

How the fsck did you survive? I call hack!

(I kid I kid =D )

It popped you pretty far from your vehicle, but if you're directly above it, you can spam the vehicle enter key while looking straight down, and maybe 50% of the time get in before taking fall damage
  7. Schwak

Never tried this, good tip. It's pretty annoying when you are trying to make clutch repairs and it just launches you for no reason.
  8. patrykK1028

Thats frustrating but not that much as game eating 8 (EIGHT) GIGS OF RAM
    • Up x 3
  9. Slamz

I get this once in a great while, and not just in tanks. Your video makes it look like it just spawned you in the air. When it happens to me I literally get ejected, starting at vehicle level and then go flying either straight up or at some angle. I've never figured out a pattern for what causes it.

The only pattern I've noticed is that if it happens once, it'll probably happen again in short order. Like maybe it's related to population or something. I'll go days in a row with no occurrence and then it'll happen once and then I'm like "awww Higby, here we go" and it'll happen a few more times before settling back down.

I wonder if it's some physics engine thing. Like, "Well the player WAS here, and now he's HERE, and by looking at the distance and the angle of difference I can guess that he was going 100kph in this direction so I'll just send him along that continuing trajectory."
  10. NoctD

Only thing I've seen so far myself is the fly up into space bug from a while back, not cool enough to see tank ejection yet. :(
  11. Schwak

Sometimes I get launched from other vehicles, tanks its always just a spawn and fall. I don't know.
  12. Devrailis

It got worse. When it first started, you would just exit a meter or so above the tank and land on top of it.
  13. DramaticExit

That one was fun. I think it happenned when you got out of a vehicle, directly into a grav-lift.

• Up x 3
  14. Alarox

Maybe they're not fixing it because you can mitigate the effect of it with Safe Landing?

Although, I would argue that I can get around all of the bugs in this game by not playing it.

I lose my tank almost as often to bugs as I do from enemies. They need to fix crap like this.
  15. NoctD

Is that what caused it for you? I don't remember a vehicle involved in mine... floated off the NW warp gate of Amerish. I might have been playing with the jump pads to towers or something else though.
  16. Schwak

>in clutch situation
    >queue MLG ejection seat

• Up x 1
  17. SeanFree

It's called restarting the game, it might suck but it's a necessity until the memory leak is fixed.
  18. Schwak

It'll pop up again in a few months, it always does. And then it takes them a few months to finally fix it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

You survived tho :p
  20. Devrailis

To infinity and beyond.