0.75ADS and in-combat medkit use are abominations and need to be removed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Scorpion97

Nope
    The 20% bleed off decrease for the BG makes the reload spd way so much like the carv
    And the muzzle nerf from 570 to 540 have zero sense because LMGs by far are well known for high muzzles and the minimum boundary should be 570

When the Orion got the .75 ads (and it was given since last year) they harshly nerfed it's accuracy as payback

Now the Orion is getting its ads nerfed with just small accuracy buffs,still way not fair,I see in order to compensate such a golden trait,make the follows:

1. Add SPA and ALS
    2.further horizontal buffs
    3.vertical buffs
    4.return the muzzle to 610(yes 610 is the actual muzzle for Orion)

If these changes are applied for Orion AND BG,I will accept the .75 ads removal
  2. Scorpion97

As for flare:
    1. Small horizontal buffs
    2.add AFG
  3. Scr1nRusher

The velocity nerf was done for the CQC LMG's to bring them in line and in combat ranges they excel at.

Also you just said it yourself that 0.75 ADS actually NERFED the orion.

Now I could see the Orion getting SPA.
  4. Scorpion97

You misread
    The very old Orion had the following stats:

1.610 muzzle
    2. .5 ADS
    3.very controllable recoil (can't remember the numbers actually)

Then there was thoughts about making Orion more unique that said "VS also have the right to move fast with their LMGs just as with magrider while it's considered as a VS trait"
    Meanwhile,in the early months of 2014 (can't remember the exact month as well)new changes came out for Orion:

1. Muzzle from 610 to 570
    2.ADS Modifier from .5 to .75
    3.recoil increases to payback the ADS increase but I also can't remember the exact numbers (and that's what you misread)

Well,maybe 610 might be too fast for a CQC weapon like Orion BUT 570 is much more suitable and nobody complained about it at all,540 is an SMG muzzle and way not suitable for any LMG
  5. Scr1nRusher

So basically 0.75 ADS screwed over the Orion pretty much.
  6. Scorpion97

Again,to compensate the .75 removal,do the 4 changes I posted before with an exception that Orion might not be 610 muzzle but NOT under 570
  7. Scr1nRusher

The Orion had its role changed. It went from a mid range weapon to a CQC-close range weapon.

Now its well known for the later role.
  8. Scorpion97

False
    It didn't change to be short range becouse they gave attention to it's horizontal recoil which means it's close to medium range weapon,meanwhile,it deserves to have SPA,ALS,further accuracy buffs and moderate muzzle of 570 in order to do close to medium range role and compensate the .75 ads removal as you mentioned before

Btw,CQC means close to medium range and not close only
  9. Scr1nRusher

Do you see what I am saying?
  10. Scorpion97

Yep
  11. Alexkruchev

... for the VS who are unhappy here:

VS weapons -do- have lower recoil on many of their weapons. Not all, but many. Further, no bullet drop actually benefits CQC weapons and suppressed weapons quite highly- half of bullet velocity penalty's penalty is more drop over distance. Vanu weapons with suppressors only take half the penalty other factions weapons have. Try using a TR SMG at 60-100 m and see if you hit as often as Vanu can. So, it is a flat upgrade trait for accurate long range shots. IS it breakingly good? Not in most cases, no. But it is still a constant benefit across all VS weapons (Except Bolt-rifles). TR and NC advantages like more damage or higher ROF vary with different weapons, and are not always applied. the TR benefit of 40 rounds or larger magazines applies -most- of the time, but not all the time. (Like how their snipers scout and battle rifles do not have higher cap mags or higher rofs). So, really, the VS are the only ones who's faction benefit applies almost completely all the time. (Except in one weapon sub class, but, come on! You all know how broken VS would be if they had no drop on all bA snipers.)

Yes, Vanu weapons -do- have less recoil over time than TR weapons, because they shoot slower, so, they are easier to use, if not lower recoil per shot -all the time-. And many VS guns (Corvus, Ursa) have -the lowest recoil in the game-. Just like NC have the -highest per shot damage in the game-.

So yes, Vanu -do- have low recoil- but like all factions, they have weapons that deviate from their normal faction traits to compete with other factions (167 damge guns for VS) and the Orion, interestingly, is a 750 RPM lmg with 0.75x ADS... compare to the T1 CArv, that's the same ROF! The VS have a starting LMG that is just as good as the TR one in ROF! -And- it has the huge mobility benefit of ADS speed. It's why the Orion is so good.

0.75 ADS is not a core VS trait, but they do have it on an LMG- something no one else has. And if you ask me "Advanced Foregrip or ADS speed buff?" I'd take the ADS buff on just about anything. One will keep me alive in a head to head fight, the other will only help me in distance marksmanship anyway. One I Can do manually (Foregrip) with skill, the other I cannot do without the stat.

It's why the NS-15 is such a popular LMG.

So no, VS are not even remotely underpowered. They come middle of the road to above average in every category, and all their "underwhelming" small arms actually still have the versatility advantage over their counterparts, because any weapon with no bullet drop gets an edge at long range that other weapon's just don't have. Try tap firing and single shotting with CQC vs weapons- you'll be surprised how easy it is to hit.

Also, try the new Equinox Burst. You almost can't miss with that thing in new form, even at long ranges due to no bullet drop and less recoil than the other two burst ARs.
  12. Scorpion97

I see you talking as if VS is EXTREMEMLY OP that TR and NC have nothing to compete VS with,all factions have accurate weapons,you know that,I know that,everybody know that

Away from the fact that recoil can be compensated but you can't compensate RoF,dmg or clip
    Besides,VS is the only faction that got the SPA in its downgrade weapons,unlike TR and NC