0.75ADS and in-combat medkit use are abominations and need to be removed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

But if no one would have 0.75 ADS wouldn't it be a even playing field?
  2. Hatesphere

Depends on if the weapons its removed from have given up a lot to obtain it.
  3. Scr1nRusher

"have given alot to obtain it"

Having 0.75 ADS on a weapon screws with its balance because it hurts the weapon in some way.

Also 0.75 ADS should over time be phased out of the game entirely.
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

No, because those 0.75 ADS weapons have been balanced around that stat, just like 167 damage weapons are balanced around their damage tier.

Removing 0.75 ADS would require a very large buff to compensate for loosing that stat since over the years the game has been out they have been continuously nerfed in an attempt to balance that stat.
  5. Bearlover

( retain of accuracy while spamming ADADjumpyoloswag is godly to me for infantry combat). How else can u justify an assault class thats supposedly a HEAVY assault that can fire while moving like that and STILL be accurate?

How many times does .75 ads change usually in a year ? 0, 1 none

How many times do they add/remove stats on certain weapons ? 2, 3, 5? 2 is still better than 0 right ?
  6. Scr1nRusher

Well that should tell you everything about 0.75 ADS's effect on the weapons that have it.

Also I'm all for buffing the weapons to compensate if needed.
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes, it proves that they're balanced right now and getting rid of it will require a ton of tuning while the faction his hardest by the nerf (the VS) gets shafted until it's fixed.

This isn't like the Striker where there are a bunch of other AV options, or ZOE where Charge is a perfectly viable option, or the PPA where things like the Fury or Kobalt can make up the difference.

You're talking about nerfing the three best VS LMG's where the only alternative the VS will have if the buffs to make up for the loss of 0.75 ADS aren't enough (and as it stands now they absolutely aren't) are our inferior LMG's that can't compete with the other factions best LMG's that weren't nerfed or the 1000 cert NS-15m. It will be a repeat of the Magrider not being able to even climb roads only instead of us having a totally gimped MBT will will have a totally gimped LMG selection, so the most popular class across every faction will be vastly inferior only on VS.

Also keep in mind that ZOE and the PPA were totally overnerfed and there is still nothing on the horizon to address that in addition to it taking numerous youtube video's about the Magrider's inability to climb roads, not hills, roads, for the devs to even acknowledge that there was a problem instead of brushing it off. After all that yes, I have zero faith in the devs to actually put the top performing VS LMG's (i.e. the ones that they're nerfing) on the same level as the top performing TR/NC LMG's, especially since the current round of changes on the PTS still makes the Orion an inferior knockoff to the MSW-R.
    • Up x 2
  8. Scr1nRusher

It actually proves the opposite.

It proves 0.75 ADS hurts any weapon its on overtime.
  9. Hatesphere

I can agree to an extent. It's not as simple as just removing it outright though. Also some weapons simply should retain .75 ads. Such as side arms.
  10. Scr1nRusher

If you remove 0.75 ADS from something it does have to be buffed to compensate, which I am fully for.
  11. ValorousBob

I agree'd 100% with your post until this very last part. Are you sure it's going to be inferior to the MSW-R? I'm not an amazing player and I don't know a ton about weapon stats, but I play with some VERY good players and they all seem to think the Orion is about to be massively buffed.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

Cool, way to totally dismiss every single point I made just to parrot your opinion that in no way is backed up by any fact.
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

Orion
    • ADS modifier changed from 0.75 to 0.5
    • Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22 Only 0.005 better than the MSW-R
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88 Still 0.33 worst than the MSW-R
    • Standing hipfire from 2.75 to 2.5 Same increase the MSW-R and Anchor is getting and exactly the same when the Anchor/MSW-R equips the Adv Laser vs the Orion equipping the Laser attachment.
    • Moving hipfire from 3.5 to 3.25 Same increase the MSW-R and Anchor is getting and exactly the same when the Anchor/MSW-R equips the Adv Laser vs the Orion equipping the Laser attachment.
    • Projectile Velocity from 570 to 540 10 Worse than the MSW-R and 30 worse than the Anchor
    • ADS CoF Recoil changed from 0.05 to 0.04 0.01 Better than the MSW-R
    • Moving ADS CoF reduced from .4 to .35 The same as the MSW-R and Anchor
    The MSW-R still has better reload speed (3.045/3.305) vs the Orion (3.28/3.655) and has the SPA option.

So the Orion will be better than the MSW-R Horizontal Recoil (by 0.005, less than 1/2 of the CARV buff when Malorn left), ADS COF, and FSRM.

The MSW-R will be better than the Orion in velocity, reload speed, and horizontal tolerance, along with having the best attachment in the game with SPA which the Orion doesn't.

The SVA-88 and Pulsar LSW basicaly switched places in that everyone will use the LSW and no one will use the SVA.

The Flare got nothing even though it's one of the worst 167 damage primary weapons so don't think this is an "LMG tuning" like the devs are saying.

It's a huge nerf to the SVA, finally the LSW is taken from garbage tier to "good" but not "great", the Orion will be an inferior MSW-R, the Ursa finally sees a minor improvement but it's still bad since most of it's bad accuracy stats (worse accuracy stats than the Anchor while having almost 10% less DPS), and the Flare gets nothing even though it also suffers from horrific accuracy (shares the worst horizontal recoil and tolerance for a 167 damage primary with the Bandit...which is a 0.75 ADS gun) and damage per minute stats for literally no reason. Oh, and the Polaris, EM1, and Rhino become basically copies of each other.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Lets do some editing so people really can see the differences by eliminating the "sames" and highlighting the postives.

• Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22 0.005 better than the MSW-R
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88 0.33 worst than the MSW-R
    • Projectile Velocity from 570 to 540 10 Worse than the MSW-R and 30 worse than the Anchor
    • ADS CoF Recoil changed from 0.05 to 0.04 0.01 Better than the MSW-R

Look at what your "complaining" about.
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

Lets try to be honest for once shall we?
    • Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22 0.005 better than the MSW-R Less than 1/2 of the buff given to the CARV when Malorn left so it means basically nothing.
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88 0.33 worst than the MSW-R This is massive as horizontal tolerance is the weapons uncontrollable side to side shake or "rattle" and has a huge impact on accuracy.
    • ADS CoF Recoil changed from 0.05 to 0.04 0.01 Better than the MSW-R This stat is virtually meaningless
    • No option to equip SPA
    • Worse reload speed 3.28/3.655 (Orion) 3.045/3.305 (MSW-R)
    Also, nice job totally ignoring why the "buffs" (and massive SVA-88 nerf) to the other VS weapons are basically meaningless because they either don't address the core issues that make those weapons average at best, or nothing was done to them at all.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kulso

Dictionary.com

3. incapable of speech; dumb.
  17. Scr1nRusher

your victim complex is showing.
  18. Scorpion97

:O!!!!!!!
  19. Scorpion97

I actually don't see anything game breaking except endless high frequency whines from you and monsieur scr1n
  20. Scorpion97

Your trolling confirmed first