0.75ADS and in-combat medkit use are abominations and need to be removed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ianneman

Title says it all.

Disable in-combat medkit use.

Remove 0.75ADS.

Thanks in advance devs.
    • Up x 3
  2. Iridar51

Better just make med kits a slightly faster version of current resto kit, and increase the duration of the resto kit. Agreed on 75% ADS.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alexkruchev

Or they could change physics in game to make serpentine impossible by implementing -some- form of player inertia, so the buff would be less big deal. >.>;

I love firefights in 1st person shooters these days: Guy sees someone else, and starts doing crazy dance moves to avoid fire!

That kinda stuff. It breaks all sense of immersion and makes me miss even more cause i'm laughing at how pathetic this tactic is that it even works!
    • Up x 4
  4. Goretzu

Medkits just need better CDs, it would fix a lot.
  5. Konstantinn

Oh it's doable even in real life:

classic movie example:

and of course this is what video games aim for:

• Up x 1
  6. Shatteredstar

You can take my .75 ads from my 15m from my cold dead hands.

As for medley use, let them eat them nanites!

This seems like a skilled player or few used things to win a fight and thus we got another knee jerk thread
    • Up x 2
  7. HadesR

A cooldown on Medi kits would be nice ..

Or even removing them entirely and just allowing Rest kit's ...

We have a Medic class for a reason
    • Up x 4
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

This.

Give them a 3-5 second CD and it would fix everything.
  9. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is something that should be exclusive to SMG's & Side arms.

Anything else shouldn't have it & should be buffed to compensate in some way.
    • Up x 5
  10. Scr1nRusher

Now as for medkits.........

The only people "abusing" them are the 1337 guys. Not the normal players.

Everyone shouldn't suffer because a few guys care so much about video game numbers being higher then someone elses.
    • Up x 1
  11. pnkdth

Why would everyone suffer because of nerfing something only the 1337s use? Isn't that the point? To nerf it because of these so-called 1337s keep abusing it.
  12. CorporationUSA

I don't understand why we have medkits at all. Most class-based games make you rely on the medic for healing. We already have regenerating shields, that should be plenty generous.

.75 ads is too much in a game where half the battle is sidestepping to avoid bullets.
    • Up x 2
  13. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.
  14. Dudeman325420

The only players using medkits are the ones that are "abusing" them. Almost anyone (lonewolves excluded) who considers them for between-combat healing dismisses them soon after since nearly every other utility item is far more useful unless you spam-heal as a damage soak.
  15. Korban

Terming it as "Abusing" would be overgeneralization or stereotypical on that matter, isn't this "Tactical Criticism", it's not their fault that they are more tactically aware and conditioned than other in order for the item to greatly benefit the player?
    • Up x 2
  16. Dudeman325420

I used the term "abusing" (in quotes) just like in the post that I quoted for consistency, not to imply exploiting.
  17. Dualice

Well it's looking likely the .75 ADS is going to be removed from all LMGs bar the NS-15. Step in the right direction.
    • Up x 1
  18. Shatteredstar

Because real strong people don't need faster fire rates, Bigger damage, or no silly lasers. We make clack clack clack sounds and shoot white tracers.
    • Up x 1
  19. Leftconsin

More and more I am convinced the second most game breaking thing going on is the power level of medkits (the first being latency issues). They give you an absurd health pool when chugging them with resist shield on, its often a free extra life, no cooldown, a split second of invincibility, and completely outclasses it's counterpart, the Restoration Kit.

Adding a delay is needed to prevent people from just plain tanking the damage from an entire 30-40 round magazine.
    Restoration Kits also need a buff just to make them useful. They heal less than MedKits, slower than MedKits. Change Restos to be the preemptive healing option. Heal 1500 or 2000 (yes really) over time. Also add a cooldown so you can't chug more than one at a time. The idea being you can pop a Resto and then enter combat to have a better chance at room clearing, getting through a camped door, or even escaping long ranged inaccurate fire. Just anything to make Restos viable outside the situation where server lag is so bad that Medkits don't function.
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

To be honest most of these will be using them with scripts, which would be technically against the rules anyway.

Sticking in a better medikit Cool Down would stop this and the problems that come with it.
    • Up x 1