LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by stabbystabby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. GrandRise

Right so appereantly the browser launcher works. Use it, then run/install whatever it wants. Then after it's done, launch your launcher.
  2. SilverMarksman

i'm in america and i'm getting this
  3. Toxah

what browser launcher?
  4. MrEllis

First issues I've had with the game not launching, same error. Nothing changed on my rig. I did get it to launch once tonight by retrying again and again...
  5. Dark Sentry

6. AiMdeLuXe

7. metrotw

clicking "accept" on the browser launcher does absolutely nothing for me...
  8. Kelly0481

Well I didnt download anything off of anything else and only started playing not to long ago. I was not in beta and its happening to me too.
  9. xX6IXXx

I re-downloaded the client and was able to get in, I did however lose my characters I had put hours of time into.
  10. invisible.nin

A member of our german NC Woodman community has found a solution in the german Pro7 Planetside-2 Forums:
    Change your preferred DNS-Server in Windows to the Google-DNS: "8.8.8.8"
  11. remy99c

12. remy99c

13. memeche

I FIX IT i was having the same issue
    so what i do is that i delete all the remaining folders from DC universe i have dc universe but them i uninstall it but some folders dont deletee so delete all of them !!
  14. amender

great work!! madspaz thank you! (#66)
    use tunnel and pass login window enjoy game
    but.. why occur 404 error..?
    i live in korea. this is region problem about ip? anyway...again thank you.
    and soe ...try harder..
  15. barig4

your solutions suck, BUT i found THE solution!!!
    thanks to our friends from the EQ forum http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/launchpad-unable-to-connect.4429/

all you need to do is:Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.
    done, gl hf and farewell unhelpfull forums
    • Up x 1
  16. takshie

Ok I went to the "launchpad.libs" folder and deleted the "launchpad.cache" folder and still got the same message like before.n short didn't work

But i downloaded the "https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe"
    I launched the launchpad and it stared updating(working). But I already have the game installed on steam so what I did was I went to the directory of the game on the new(non-steam) directory. and copied all the assets (mainly the launchpad stuff) from
    "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2"
    And paste these assets to my steam planetside 2
    "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2"

after doing so the launchpad on my steam planetside 2 ran as normal..

Thanks for the help, I new it was an asset problem maybe the Launchpad.exe (not sure)
    you guys will find it out.

Thanks again for the set-up.
    Cheers problem solved
  17. KaosTheory

If you're on Windows 8.1 I was having the same issues. I was able to resolve it by disabling Windows Firewall in all 3 zones (Domain, Public and Private)

For good measure I uninstalled a few pieces of bloatware that my kid picked up playing his games on Facebook. I didn't even have to restart.

I deleted ALL files created from Steam both through the PS Setup EXE and Manually finding the install directory and permanently removing it from the Recycle Bin. My IPV4 firewall was already disabled and I temporarily disabled AVG 2014. Hope this helps!
  18. Vokoby

What i did to solve this was to run ccleaner to remove everything and i deleted the whole folder then I reinstalled and it started working. idk if it will work for everyone but it worked for me.
  19. assilaayman

Thank you barig4, you are the best you :3 it worcked to me :D
    ;)
  20. Benjymansy123

Not only am I experiencing the same problem, but my LaunchPad interior is only half-shown up. The window is good, but the inside of the Sony Online Entertainment outline is only half existent.