LaunchPad was unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by stabbystabby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Skip Loader

If you have Norton Security make sure you tell it to ALLOW PlanetSide 2 to go through it's firewall.

This is what fixed the problem for me.

Settings > Firewall > Program Rules > Add

You can then navigate to the PS2 .exe file.

Maybe this will work with other virus software like McAfee etc.

Good luck!
  2. arhaan

no antivirus, no firewall.

mb problem in the scheme of network connectivity? ADSL Modem -> Router -> PC. similar problem was with Origin for the first time/
  3. Boredog

OK i have tryed 2 days to get this working, Using VPN, tweaking what ever i could. Nothing did work. BUT..
    My last effort was to open my Norton 360 and add all applications in the planetside folder(including Subfolders) to allow in the firewall.Now i have access :), i still use the VPN to New York(sitting in Norway), and have not tested it without..

(
  4. Gelly

Launcher is still broken.
    :|
    You won't get my money if your product doesn't function.
  5. dynxl3

I am getting the same error, although with a (4-0) instead of a (1-0) as someone else posted.

[IMG]

I am in the US, tried a lot of the things mentioned excluding running a VPN connection. Ran as administrator, etc. Can get to the web version just fine.
  6. Twist

Keep in mind there are three processes that matter in terms of clearing access for your firewall/antivirus: Planetside2.exe, Launchpad.exe, and AwesomiumProcess.exe (which is in the <PS2 dir>\Launchpad.Libs\ directory). All three have to be enabled for patching to work properly. (For most users this is unnecessary, but if you continue to have access problems, you should make sure these are all clear).
  7. Rypken

I am having this issue as dynxl3 posted the screen of above. I've tried every launchpad troubleshooting steps listed in this forum and the SOE support section. I've disabled and uninstalled all my firewalls/antivirus and this is still not working. Would love to be able to play this game but its not looking good.
  8. Flambe

Did all three of those Twist and still no go. Have tried everything suggested and more, blah.
  9. Twist

Any of you still experiencing this issue after making sure of allowing all three executables through your firewall/anti virus, can you zip up the logs in <game dir>\Launchpad.Libs\Logs and post them somewhere I can get to them, or contact customer service with them? We will take a look.
  10. Kediec

Same problem here trying top connect from the UK . The Launchpad appears to go to do an update everytime it tires to launch .

Have tried doing a repair from the installer , no joy . Was working fine last night .
  11. Kediec

Wonder if this is the problem , taken from one of the logs that Twist asked for ( which i've sent via pm ) :-

ConnectToServer - address=69.174.201.160:20060
    OnFailed - Failed.

Trying to ping it gives a timeout .
  12. dynxl3

Same here. I've done a traceroute and it get stuck at vl3104.lvssw-2.sonyonline.net (64.37.168.26). However it's likely possible that they shut off ICMP replies and that it is actually up.
  13. dynxl3

I fixed my problem. I'm on Vista SP1 and I applied this hotfix here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955805

I've had some problems connecting to anything secure initially (even browsers) but once I installed this hotfix I was able to connect just fine.

My guess is that it was taking too long to establish the secure connection and Launchpad's timeout value kicked in.

Hope this helps someone.
  14. Flambe

After working with Twist I was able to get mine to connect!

Go to your Users:\~UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment folder and go to the properties of npsoeact.dll and check that it is NOT set to Read Only. For whatever reason mine was, flipping that toggle off fixed it (finally woo).

Thanks Twist for the help!!
    • Up x 1
  15. IronikFunction

Just tried Flambe's fix and I got it to work too! Thanks!
  16. ISnackable

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.
    (1-0) OMGGG HElP
  17. Vladlin

I have same error.Tried to run launchpad.exe in windows 95 compatability mode and it works but writes that I am need win xp sp3, and when I run on xp I get 4-404 error.
  18. Simaung

i got 99 problem here on Steam,

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.
    (1-0)

i just tried all FAQ anvir avast ,nothing
  19. Laestic

Hello,

I had this "Launcher Unable to connect (1-0)" problem since Saturday 24th and I finally got what was wrong : it was indeed a Proxy set to 127.0.0.1 : 8080 in Internet Options (for Windows in general and Chrome as it uses Win settings.)

I use BFilter as an ad/iframe/malware blocker and additional protection layer. After I changed Internet Options settings to no proxy I got the login prompt and game ran up to the queue (that's another problem...)

While I'm glad I can connect, I still find it strange and annoyed I have to put one security layer down on my computer to be able to play. And that without any notification or documentation from PS2 officials. So, check your internet settings and little programs that could interfere with the Launcher.

EDIT : Steam version, located in Europe (Fr) (precision)
  20. Raskawa

Okay fellas, this worked for me after trolling their logs and fixing the problem for them..

I just renamed the .dll in my Users directory that was erroring out and it worked (I guess it downloaded a new version or something)

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\npsoeact.dll

I suspect maybe this file was left over from DC Universe Online and was not updated right during the Steam or normal installs I tried.. finally worked. F Yeah.