PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. iareConfusE

Reporting in as well. Crashing much more frequently today than I ever did before. Before I'd crash maybe once a day, some days not even once at all, but in the last half hour of play I have crashed twice... I don't understand why they haven't released an official statement about this yet. The least they could do is keep us updated.
  2. hondaf17

Sure would be nice if these ignorant idiots would fix the problem, or at least address this thread and let us know they're working on it. If they had pride in their product they'd be working hard, Christmas or not, to fix it and address the glaring issues. The best part about these crashes is that the timers on your vehicles/aircraft and instant action deployments don't reset. So I grab a lightning, drive to action, crash. Then grab a plane, fly to action, crash. Then instant action to a hot spot, crash. Now I'm out of resources and can't instant action for 15 more minutes. Just splendid.

I've spent $30 on this game which is $30 too much. I've put in a formal request to refund the $15 I spent on station cash ($15 was Gamestop card). Maybe if everyone does that the light bulb will go on for these idiots.
  3. Cobra Commander

I lol'd...but yeah, I'm here cause I just crashed mid-kill on a tank with a turret.
  4. HadesR

Sent a link to this topic to a Mod Monday .. Just to politely ask if it was possible to get some feedback ..
    Nothing
    Not even an answer to the pm

So I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer
  5. Zeewulf

Considering Smedley promised a stable release all through the last month of Beta when EVERYONE told them this game wasn't ready it's getting beyond a joke with the amount of game lock-ups and crashes. Maybe it's there way of trying to make money so you go and buy resources everytime you lose them ?
  6. Emperator

crashing all the time on me too, wont spend a dime on this game till it stop crashing.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2ghz
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
    Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 5700 Series 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
  7. Axler

yeah starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game.
  8. Mehuge

This is getting to be a major freaking annoyance with this game, re-wind the last client patch till they find out what is borked.

The issue is worsened by the fact that once your crashed you often can't get back in because of the logging in bug. Just to rub salt in.
  9. Werex

Waiting for a hot fix for these crashes...
  10. dharKharma

Tried all 'tweaks' and 'optimizations' on a system which runs BF3 on Ultra without a sweat.

Reinstalled the game 3 times, on SSD and HDD.

Game still freezing and have to force close to desktop.

Worst part is the silence from SOE developers and community managers. Personally, you have outdone even my most bitter experiences with Blizzard.
  11. Mehuge

for crying out loud, not managed to complete a freaking capture without it crashing and missing the capture points
  12. Mehuge

now stuck at ******* loging in ...
  13. HadesR

Bump for yet another crash

Edit:

Log back on 5mins later .. Base we were successfully defending is now almost capped and no friendlies in sight ...

Need to all spam Smed's Twitter and SOE facebook / reddit
  14. Legato

Wow. It keeps crashing at the most random moments. This sucks.
  15. LazerBeans

Crashing way too much, time spent in game is now much less than time spent trying to get in.
  16. HadesR

And yet another crash \o/ yay me ... No more cash till it's fixed
  17. Nec3

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Nec3 has finally logged out after 2 hours. Yes I have done it. No more stupid crashes, this has fixed MWO crashes, BF3 crashes, Steam crashes, and every possible game crash.

Note that I am an AMD hardware user.

Go to MSCONFIG on the Start Menu
    1. Go to startup, I disabled everything except my antivirus, audio and printer software.
    BE SURE TO DISABLE CATALYST CONTROL CENTER from the STARTUP TAB

2. Go to the services tab, disable AMD External Events Utility and AMD FUEL SERVICE

3. Restart your PC, make sure those services and CCC is disabled.

4. Download and run these two programs to make sure your PC is stable-Prime 95, run both RAM and FFT Heat/Power stress tests.

-Furmark, run it at the default 720/1080p burn in test.
    [Not I am not responsible for any hardware damages, be sure you have a good cooling system so your hardware does not overheat/shut down]

5. After these tests, you are ready to try planetside.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It started when everything was crashing. I totally flipped out, and I realized, everything is at stock! So it must be drivers!
    No, that was not the case, it was not my drivers.
    It was AMD Catalyst Control Center.
    I looked up on the start menu "Reliability Monitor"
    1. I noticed that most errors are AMD Fuel Service has stopped working.2. I overclocked my AMD FX-6300 Vishera to
    20x Core Multiplier
    235 FSB
    HT Link under 2000mhz
    HT Northbridge under 2400mhz
    Core Voltage to 1.61v [Yes, it's a bit much but I enable C1E and Cool & Quiet for better power saving, I disabled C6 since the OS controls the CPU multiplier, I only wanted the CPU to control it.]
    3. This totals to 4.7ghz
    4. I made sure my RAM timings and frequencies were set correctly
    I overclocked my HD7850 to
    1. 1000mhz core
    2. 1400mhz memory clock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I willing to check which of the three is causing the problems? No. Because I already set my clocks that I wanted to, if I wanted to adjust anything, I'll open up AMD CCC, and disable it again after I'm done overclocking. Furmark has confirmed that the overclock is still set despite CCC and AMD programs are disabled.
  18. Kaedy92

I'm totally new to this game and while having difficulties exploring the game crashes a lot. Hope this gets officially fixed soon.

Using i7-3630QM and Nvidia GTX660m
  19. Chunga

There is also an exploit being used which is causing people to crash. Some of these crashes are very likely being caused by this.
  20. Kaedy92

update: after disabling the nvidia control panel I have been able to play for hours. It eventually crashes as I noticed that the control panel somehow restarted.

p/s: cant seem to edit my post earlier so I made a new one instead.