PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Axler

I am pretty sure this isn't client side as half of my outfit is crashing at the same instant. It's seems to be everyone within a certain area dropping out at the same time.
  2. SADDAR

I didnt have an issue with crashing worth really complaining about all thru beta and launch. Within this week however its starting to get very irritating how often it stops responding

win8 64bit
    i5-3550 3.3ghz
    8GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX670
    Nvidia driver 310.70
  3. tonberry king

When the hell are they gonna fix this thing???? It's been going on and on for ages, so damn annoying!
  4. GTGD

Didn't anyone tell you? We're still in beta.
    • Up x 1
  5. Werex

PlanetSide 2? This game should be called Crash Bandicoot 2... ¬¬
  6. Jane911

So has anybody fixed this for Win7 64bit? I really love the game when it works, I really do. I don't hate SoE at all (been on board since EQ closed alpha beta!) all the way through to EQ2, PS1, so on and so on...

I even upgraded my PC for this... the crash started happening after some patch in December. It was fine from beta until then (like most others).

Is there any hope? I've dumped about 60 bucks on points so far and really want to play with my outfit. Nothing like being 'that guy' who is wasting resources by spawning lightnings and reavers just to get disconnected shortly after. Or spend a few minutes getting to the action with my outfit to get dropped and have to log in again being at the warpgate.

Anybody fix this? At all?
  7. Q80TNT

After all this crash I wonder when will Planet Side 2 come out?! .. seriously....
  8. Stigler

A small possible fix which made it playable again with only an occasional crash 2-3 hour avg now.

I also had the crashing every 20-30 minutes after the last patch. I did all the regular fixes, video driver newest, defrag, validate and was going to reinstall but then came across a thread which helped me, as most all the people that did reinstall still had issue.

Here is the Link, This is all I changed and it helped me your mileage may vary, and trust me I read all the Crash threads also.

A tweak that may boost your fps or make the game more responsive.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...r-fps-or-make-the-game-more-responsive.69391/

For Nvidia in control panel select manage 3d settings, select your planetside2.exe and set Maximum Pre-rendered frames to 3 or 2 or 1. From what I read most had good results with 2, for some 1 causes more issues and 3 might be the default for game. Also check Vsync on and set MaximumFPS to your monitor refresh rate 60 in my case, in your userconfig.ini

When I crash I see PS2 as using over 5gb which seems to be loading to many frames or something, (I really dont know I am no expert) and even though i have 3 gb free it may be using more before it ctds. I now run 2-3 hours and sometime longer with no issues. For the past 3 days. (waited till I was sure till I posted this.)

On a positive note this exact thing happened in Beta during 1 hotfix and was quickly fixed.

My Rig is

Win 7 64 bit
    8 gb 1600
    GTX 570 HD no oc
    i7 2600k no oc
    1920x1080 ultra, shadows 1
  9. Hoopopaavo

Here is one crash info if this helps someone, just out of the blue:

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50d2d8a1
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x01700fe6
    Faulting process ID: 0xfd8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cde513b2343ed2
    Faulting application path:
    Faulting module path:
    Report ID: 6350d417-5127-11e2-bebe-bcaec5787092
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  10. SmokingKills

Not your fault Hoop but Lol - crash = random numbers nobody understands...might aswell just be one line
    Planetside2=noworkrite
  11. Werex

When the new patch will be released? I cant play with those crashes!:(
  12. THUGGERNAUT

13. Asimplicity

Yep still happening although yesterday I actually went well over 5 hours without it freezing..today, 40 minutes :(
  14. HadesR

15. GKsmoov

It's getting worse!
  16. Nexus7

Only pattern I can see is when I drop more 'items' (i.e. Turrets, Mines, etc...) in game I do crash more often! Can play as a Medic for hours with no issues what so ever but as soon as I go Engineer and drop some defensive items I'll crash within the hour. Not RIGHT at that moment mind you but after 20min or so.
  17. The Quetzal

this happens to me, but the crashing is anywhere between 4 minutes and 2 hours. this is such an epic game, but me and my friends wont play something that dosent work. i would have thought SOE would have released it only when it was functioning...
  18. Werex

I want an answer: when they gonna fix these crashes? i hope the programmers are not on vacations...
  19. ItZMuRdA

Not sure if something fishy is going on lately or not, but I almost never crash until just today and perhaps yesterday. Today I've probably crashed at least 5 times, often just a straight freeze followed by PS2 not responding some time shortly thereafter. I noticed numerous times that others in the area seem to have crashed too, or heard on ventrilo that some of my outfit mates crashed at the same time. Just thought I'd throw in another report of it, as it seems to have started happening very suddenly and rather frequently compared to the past. My experience with it has been on Mattherson fwiw, just in case it's something happening on the server.
  20. yogafire

I get an occasional massive lag spike and then the game freezes up too. Its a bug in the game I mean if all other games work fine like guild wars 2 for hours and then this freezes up and crashes its a problem specific to this game.