Yeah, the Lib is overpowered....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rivenshield, Dec 27, 2012.

1. QuantumGuard

Yesterday watched a well-known player on a stream. He (in a Lib) and a pair of Libs basically ***** an organized team that had heavy AA support. They did spread out from AOE, concentrated fire from MAXes. But.....that team was farmed. Anyone who defends air in it's current state is just delusional.
    • Up x 2
  2. Protential

You spoke my mind. Downloaded a bunch of other games to waste time on. :) free trials and what not, might just have to play GW2, even though the PvE was so boring/easy in the other one...
  3. Fox234

Problem is there is a pop cap limit. Each faction is allowed the same amount of players per cont. However this doesn't mean a faction can't fill up that number at once while the other 2 struggle.

I hated the idea of dynamic population caps in beta but right now they're not sounding so bad. Example,

Each cont holds a total of 6k players.

Each faction is given a max of 2k player slots.

No faction is allowed to go above or below 5% of the most populated faction. This ensure there is at least an equal fight between 2 factions.

When a faction starts to lose players and they fall past the allowed 5% allowance, players on the most populated faction are offered incentives to move continents so the population is brought back in line. If a population gets past 10% and not enough people have agreed to leave, the server starts moving any idle players at WG to a new cont and/or move random players that denied to leave.

Its a tough system that would be a huge inconvenience sometimes but I think we've seen the players can't be trusted with balance themselves.
    • Up x 1
  4. Protential

Not to mention if both teams focus on killing all the opposing teams ESF, and are actually sucessful, there will only be invicilibs left.
  5. Kittel

Generally i think libs firing from outside AAA ranges is the worst part, either hovering at max height or long range, you cant hit them with MAX AAA, stationary AAA, anti-air rockets, let alone Skyguard...yet, they can hit you.

One major change that should have been in from start is XP for infantry kills in all vehicles should not be the same as infantry vs infantry kills, let alone infantry vs vehicles that's the same as killing another infantry...
  6. irishroy

[IMG]

[IMG]

just remove the zepher and everything is fine
    • Up x 1
  7. Fox234

Not to mention if you have too much AA, you let enemy infantry and MBTs run wild.
  8. TeknoBug

^ This, I prefer carpet bombing rather than floating in the sky with a turret.
    I have 4 SOE accounts from SWG when you were only allowed 1 character per server (besides Jedi unlock), I could easily login another account and make that my lib pilot on a PC next to me. Actually I'm pretty sure that's what many players do.
  9. Dictatorfish

They could fix this by simply adding the autopilot (hover in place) so pilots can gun their own Libs people have requested for in the forums.
  10. WhatsThatNoize

"Fix"? Making infantry farming easier is a "fix"?
  11. Vanon

I run a lib fairly regularly, I also run anti air when not in my lib. The problem isn't with the libs, they do what they are suppose to do, bomb the enemy. One lib should be able to wipe the floor with infantry and should be able to harass and kill all types of ground units. Thats what they are designed for, just as an ESF is designed for air domination and light anti ground. I see no problem there.

Anti air is a bit different. Most people have the misconception that 1 AA is going to be able to clear the sky's of 10 planes. That simply cannot nor should not be the case. 1 AA annoys you, and a good one forces you to repair. 2 AA max's can clear the sky's and force strafing runs only. 3 AA Max's can destroy anything that comes near the air space, and will kill anything flying over them. However people do not want to go dual burster max, because you get poor certs and xp. No one wants to spawn a skyguard because if it does its job, it makes its self useless. As a lib pilot i rarely see more then 2 AA max's. When i do, i can't even skirt the area without isntantly losing half health. This is with maxed out comp armor.

As far as bases go, it's not the base design. How many people have seen a base with people in the turrets? Occasionally i see 1 guy in a AA turret alone. He's not much of a threat, however unless it's my crew, i've not seen anyone jump in the turrets. Try it some time. Get 3-4 guy's or more run engineer's and get in the AA turrets and start firing. Now if you let the ESF's and Libs already destroy ALL of the AA turrets in the whole place, then sure your going to have a harder time, but thats the same as letting someone take down your shields..

If you want to stop a 3 man, 4k certed lib, don't bring out a single default MAX with one burster. Thats just stupid. If you bring out 3 max's with 1250 certs in them (dual bursters with explosion resistance) your never going to see a plane in the air again.

Now if AA gets to big of a buff, your going to see teams of 6 guys jumping in dual bursters and air will be non existant, and it will be tankside again. This is how they choose to balance the game.

Yes, i've also destroyed groups of enemy max's. There is only one situation where its possible. When they are shooting at someone else, All stuck together, and let you get off 2 full salvor's of zephers.

No, a bad esf pilot will not take down a good lib gunner, but a decent pilot will force the lib to stay away from that air space. All it has to do is go after it, hit it with a few bullets,
    • Up x 1
  12. Dictatorfish

The problem is people using two accounts at the same time. Providing an autopilot is a fix for this problem. This is what the general public call "common sense".
  13. RageMasterUK

People upset with Libs are peeps who don't know how to kill them. It's on average 500xp per takedown. I'm an ESF AA pilot and Libs are my staple diet. The main thing I think most players are upset by is that there are not enough players like me on their empire.
    • Up x 1
  14. Xil

Sounds more like paranoia. SOME people probably do that, but MOST? I doublt that. As per your other response, I'd love for them to take those mortars / canons away and give the lib actual bomb bays :( The stream of red on the minimap showing where a lib was bombing was fun.
  15. Sebyos

First BR 100 is a Lib gunner no surprise... A huge chunk of the highest on leader board are Libs too...
  16. CDN_Wolvie

Taking stuff away? Are you hearing yourselves? That would destroy all confidence in the store purchases, its not going to happen.

Come up with a solution that actually makes sense instead of all this QQ.

Oh, like say, Base Design that includes a few more roofs over infantry heads, especially coming out of those Shack O'Dooms that are practically designed to be spawn camped.

And/Or give Engineers the ability to set up shields over our heads.
    • Up x 1
  17. irishroy

@Vanon: so you say, lib is ok and fine, and those who can stop it, don´t wanna stop it, because they get not enough rewards for stoping the lib.
    but what if i told you, if the AA MAX´s would get more XP/Certs for Air-Attacking, the air-piolts would be whining, cuz´they´re been stopped by the AA MAX´s......

just nerf the zepher or delete it......
  18. Shockfrosted

ITT gamers don't understand how businesses work.
    Remove the Zephyr. Yeah, that'll happen. While your head's up there, mind asking the rain clouds to leave? My driveway is going to freeze over again tonight.
  19. Saiph

Time to stop spreading lies...

A lot of people claim Lib farming...but they missed this post entirely.

Infantry stuff: 12,932 kills
    Lightning: 8295 kills
    Magrider: 6824 kills
    Scythe: 9886 kills
    Liberator: 8347 kills

TOTES LIB FARMING.
    • Up x 2
  20. Clay Pigeon

I think you mean inconvenient truths.