NC isn't underpowered!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormHawk, Dec 19, 2012.

1. NCf00

Gauss SAW is perhaps the worst weapon for the Heavy Assault. It loses against every other vanilla MAIN weapon at every other range.

The main weaknesses of NC are:
    - Friendly TKs
    - Jackhammer being the worst shotgun in the game
    - Infiltrators of NC having a DAMNED gold line around their entire body which virtually glows in the dark.
  2. CrashB111

VS feels like it has the rate of fire of TR, twice the reload speed, and pinpoint accuracy all with only 10 less bullets (using engineer default carbine here).
  3. iwbs

Do you want a honest opinion from a TR? I have to say i prefer to fight NC over VS any day of the week, your weapons are joke compare to VS.
    • Up x 2
  4. StormHawk

Because then I'd have to go to a million threads and copy-paste my arguments into a reply.

Then I'd get reported for spamming.

Try shooting someone at a distance with any of the NC weapons other than the Sniper rifle. The recoil screws you up.

In my experience, rate of fire has nothing to do with who wins a gunfight. I can kill perfectly fine with my low-ROF, high damage LMG.
  5. Jestunhi

What you are doing here is showing exactly why how something "feels" cannot be used to make balancing decisions...
  6. Jestunhi

The whole "NC lack RoF" argument only holds water if you look at a select subset of the weapons though.

LMG is the only weapon type where they really lose out in RoF.

They have the fastest firing carbine in the game (tied with the new VS carbine and 45 RPM faster than TR's best offer). In assault rifles they are tied with TR, 45RPM behind VS.
  7. Haskaal

You're all forgetting to factor in the MBTs and ESFs.
  8. Xae

The side with Scatter Maxes complaining about infantry fights?

What a ******* joke.
  9. Alex Heartnet

I hate the MAX shotgun so much, would much rather have a machine gun on it even if it meant less DPS.
  10. BigMacDeez

11. Tenebrae Aeterna

The scattering of bullets would be an area of which I know very little about, mechanics wise. If I'm not mistaken, it transpires automatically upon excessive persistent fire no? I watched one video regarding this where the TR player adjusted by taking a very short break between his bursts...and said that the bloom effect automatically resets after you lay off the trigger once. So, if such is true, it's a matter of simply taking a quick pause in your firing. If you've compensated for recoil...this shouldn't be that much of a problem. as you'll be laying in those heavy hits more frequently and affording yourself the ability not to hose.

This would, most likely, be the area to look at after the duration of which the community has had more time to adjust to the NC weapons. Take a look at the higher end NC players and see how they're compensating...and then adjust accordingly when need be.

You think you have it bad, I suck with VS weapons...so if you should be pitying anyone it should be me. I want my damn 50. just so I can effectively snipe and do away with CQC all together...ugh. I've -never- been much of a CQC player as is...I've always played the part of a sniper or a knifer, hah.
  12. hellin

Yes. But when the second shot has a rejection aside greater what 2 degrees it already not funnily. I talk. Pegging at the center of body on distance 10 meters I can do head shot.
  13. shadowkhat

yet still the simple fact is the NC HAVE TO BURST FIRE... and unless you kill the other guy in that single burst your dead. before you can get a second burst off they'll have allready dumped a magazine into you. if your going to force burst fire the weapons need to be buffed. i get plenty of kills but for people not used to NC weapons your not going to kill anything. recooil way too high, accuarcy way too low and for being forced to burst every shot except point blank damage is way too low.
  14. Malsvir Vishe

Guess what? The other factions need to burst fire to get consistent body shots. The only thing I DON'T need to burst fire is my 10 round mag auto shotgun. That's normally one or two blasts to the head, three to the body.

As a TR, I need to burst my NS-11 to get a decent amount of hits as a medic. As a heavy or engie, I HAVE to slow down on battle rifle shots because the recoil is amazing. The scout rifle I like as an infiltrator? Some pretty good recoil on that. Most of the infantry weapons I like NEED a compensator or a forward grip to cut down on the recoil. Not to mention that I abandoned the starter pistol for the higher damage one because the three round burst screwed me up. As a sniper, I get out of a lot more situations with my TX2 with laser sight than my TX1.

I've played NC for a little bit. Their weapons feel like the AK-47 in Wolf Team did. I came to counter the recoil and burst in three rounds in that game. That gun was insanely powerful in damage, just like I felt the NC ones. I prefer fighting Vanu because the NC vets come in and beat my behind. Their guns, when in the right hands, are killing machines. TR are a "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of faction, I find, while the other two factions have a mastery in some aspects with weaknesses in the other. I've played Vanu and I've played NC. I just prefer the aesthetics, weapon sounds, and weapon feel of TR.
  15. wabbitseason

Hah. Quit now if you're having trouble as Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  16. Naberius13

Using the Trac-5 I can squeeze off a 2-3 second burst, while using the Mercenary I can get a 2-3 shot burst, there's a bit of discrepancy there. I will give you that the Trac-5 requires burst fire at 30-ish meters out though. That short burst isn't because of recoil by the way, it's the CoF because depending on if I'm moving or getting hit, that 3rd shot will go wide almost every time. With that said, I prefer fighting Vanu infantry at the moment since the 4th faction hopped to them and most of them couldn't hit water falling out of a boat. And yes, I do have the GD-7 and I've even been playing with the Anchor. Having to buy a gun to be on par with the other two factions' stock weapons is stupid. Even dumber? The flinching effect from bullets. Also, yes, I've played the other two factions to see if it really was the guns or just in my head. The guns help, a lot.
  17. Malsvir Vishe

I have to agree on the flinching effect. It does get annoying. I haven't really found myself in 30m or less situations where I use ADS. I normally only use ADS in those situations if it's with an IR sight. If I have a shotgun or a gun with a low COF, I just spray and pray.

As for any weapon I use, I find that my accuracy always stays best when I do a 2-4 round burst. It's easier for me to control my recoil. It's why burst rifles like the Trac-5S and the SABR-13 are nice for me in TR. I like the burst option so I can click once, compensate, click again, etc.

Do I think that NC weapons are underpowered? Not really. They're a little underpowered at mid range, yeah, and that's where TR shines. At long range and short range, I really get hit hard by the NC weapons more than the VS weapons. It's a reason why Iprefer to fight the VS.
  18. hellin

Well as a man using I will say the weapon of NC that it it was slightly brushed against you... If to trust your words and it a weapon is such effective - you would not survive that. But that will make 3 hits with force 140 against 6 with force 120? And whose weapon after it is stronger? I want to say that a weapon is done for the controlled from distance fight can not possess low exactness. And de autre part soaking the weapon of infighting exactness it is not good. Herein and nonsense of weapon of NC.
    You do not simply present what disappointment when shooting single shots evidently as greater part of bullets lies down on the right and on the left of purpose... and this at 2 grip of the weapon.
  19. MeveM

Nothing wrong with the weapons on NC. On Miller we rarely hold as much ground as VS or TR, on Miller we're the 3rd faction that's just takes what we can get.

I mainly blame the Warpgates and the geographical advantages TR and VS have, more so TR. (South on amerish and North on Indar they get instant access to 50% of the map with as little contest as the other two factions have for their 25% each.)

Vanguard is crap. It's supposed to shoot harder, well why aren't our one shot better then TR's two shots? Doesn't make sense, what happened to NC being about fire power? (Not even going to bring up the Magrider here.)

Warpgates and vehicles are the only things needing a look into, I've tried all three factions, whether it's because I've played NC more or not, I prefer my NC guns and get a higher K/D ratio. I do feel NC has a harsher learning curve which I believe to be a reason to the population inbalance. Might just be Miller we're usually 35/35/30. Some evenings even at peak time we're got a lower population on every continent, makes you feel like just logging out and trying again later.
  20. hellin

The problem is that while TR should only compensate for recoil. And the difference in the power of fire is not that big. At least I pointed out that the more shots that would remove the shield and not to kill the enemy. Incidentally no gain shield in the game.