[NC] 666th Devil Dogs

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by EVILPIG, Aug 6, 2012.

1. AngryPhoenix

I'm a new guy, a week perhaps, and I'd like to comment on Kravyn.

You asked how offen they run in coordinated attacks? Well it's 24/7. Command is on all the time and it's impressive how organized it is. From your POV it may look like a Zerg swarm but it's all coordinated: ground, air and recon. We all do our jobs while having fun as well.

I've been in a few clans in my day, now 38 years old and this is by far the most organized and mature group I have played with. I must have rolled with 50-70 different people so far with not a single issue with someone acting like an *** hat. Everyones been helpful and supportive.

It's got to suck if your not part of a big outfit and we come rolling in. But we take our licks too. That is probably one of the best things about the 666th. Accepting defeat, regrouping and coordinating counter-attacks. Props to command for that.
  2. Blindfoldedchaos

Bumping this for new drinking buds
  3. jsav666

4. King Tempest

Drinking buds? Sign me up!
  5. Rokmonkey

6. Implicit

7. Armored Gorilla

If you wanna see the rival outfits just go look on the Outfit Recruiting forums for the Connery Server. I can name a few for you though, The Republican Guard (TRG), and Total Recoil(TXR) are 2 big TR ones.
  8. King Tempest

Who should I message about joining your outfit?
  9. boney10

Occupation (generic):

Where did you hear about us? The Planetside 2 rolls with The Devil Dogs vid.

How often do you play? Everyday

What do you expect to get out of joining the 666th?I don't

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit? It is BETTER.

Were you ever a member of any previous outfits? If so, which? Why did you leave? I was a member of DVSgaming. I left because it had mean members.

What other hobbies do you have? I do model trains and R/C planes.

Anything else you'd like us to know? No
  10. thegreekboy250

What are ya talkin about? We fight you guys all the time. From what I recall last night it was almost exclusively a TRG vs 666th slugfest. We have it happen all the time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kravyn

Well, joined up with you guys tonight. Didn't fly since I don't have the certs yet on NC but ran around with a hammer squad. Was actually pretty fun even though we didn't see a whole lot of action. I was just happy to have clear and concise guidance along with a squad that had my back from go.
  12. Sardus

TRG vs 666th slug fests are what I live for. Fun times.
    • Up x 3
  13. P149U3

No offense but you guys are terrible. I have yet to actually see one decent fight from the 666 the entire time i have been on Connery. I have seen and played with groups that had half your numbers and still decimate you. My suggestion is work on getting your players more skilled instead of relying on your numbers of players who just zerg with the group.
    • Up x 2
  14. Lord Braxton

That leaves 90% still standing, technically. ;) And that business about zerging with the group is nonsense. Half the time when I'm riding in a Gal or a Sundy from one spot to another and I look around, I'm bound to see another Devil Dogs transport going somewhere else. Why? Because that's where command has told them to go. Will you see 666 members accompanying the zerg? Quite likely, since the zerg is by definition a major offensive. But you can be sure there are others of us somewhere else, capping and holding points.

Most importantly though, although the 666th does acquit itself quite well in fights as far as I've seen, I don't play this game to win; I play to have fun. And since I joined the 666th I've been having a blast. Not coincidentally, I've also been getting tons of certs, so a fair amount of winning has been happening too. :)
  15. Fyrdoc

I have been quiet the last few days over your "teamplay" and how your outfit operates. I know for a fact your "command" has disregarded requests for help. I know for a fact your outfit bailed on a fight a 3 way fight to be exact to go conduct training, and when other persons saw your training all that was happening was flying into each other. I can not tell you how many times I spawn in to the warpgate and see the might 666 just standing around shooting each other. But hey you guys are topnotch in my book (insert sarcasm here). Have a nice day!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  16. Flipzide

I'm sorry you have a negative perception of the outfit. The 666th deploys, attacks, and retreats at will of the Ops commander and sometimes we leave those fights in order to attack from another front or regroup.

The 666th Officers have also been conducting on-basis "commander training" where they will let someone new take the helm of all the divisions and conduct ops with a guiding hand. Mistakes will be made as they learn, obviously. As old/new strategies are tried or implemented, you may see odd behavior of deployment once in a while.

As for the training you speak of seeing, all training sessions take place using team speak. With a majority of the training taking place inside team speak chat rooms, they won't actually be doing maneuvers in game until they split up to squads and actually leave the warp gate. The goofing around usually happens when people are listening to an NCO or officer conducting training or between switching commanders, platoon leaders, or squad leaders for ops.

I'm not surprised you see a lot of people standing around at the warpgate. The outfit is currently about 1,700 members strong with anywhere from 50-300 people logged on at any time of the day. You're bound to see people waiting for orders or AFK members in the warp gates 24/7.

A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes of what you actually see. I've been a member since 2003, and I can vouch first hand that this outfit is very organized with separate divisions coordinating simultaneously.

I genuinely hope that further observation of the outfit will give you a more positive perception in the future (no sarcasm here).
  17. C0WB0Y

[IMG]

If your not sure of how we operate you could record our FNO - Friday Night Ops stream @ http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/friday-night-ops-episode-14.63970/ and really embarrass us by giving us pointers on how to improve and showing us just how disorganized and suck *** we "really" are.

Looking forward to your feedback.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Babaganoush

THE BEST NC outfit on Connery.

2nd best outfit in the server though. :3c
    • Up x 3
  19. BiggLou55

This is a game, and I play to have fun.... No matter who I play with, I have a blast...

Unless you've actually run with us in a platoon and on comms, you have no idea about how organized or disorganized we are... ;) We are not perfect nor do we claim to be, but we are usually in more than one place at a time with combined units (Infantry, Armor and Air)... What we offer goes beyond actually playing the game itself, and it's makes the game that much more fun!!!

Cheers!!!
  20. Kracken

All else fails.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2