[TR] Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Degrifter, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Peacekeeper

Been with BWC for a few months now. Before this I haven't found a more organized outfit since I played BF1942.

Nothing more exhilarating than seeing several fully loaded Galaxy on their way to multiple drop points in a coordinated effort. Mossie, Liberator air support. Tank column following on the ground.

Great use of voice comms from the squad level up to multiple platoon.

And aside from gameplay, coordination, and general kick-assery, this is a drama free outfit. If you like drama, find another outfit.
  2. Hotshot53

I've been with the BWC since May and It's been beyond awesome. I had never considered joining an outfit of any kind until MW:O came along and I signed up, and eventually switched over to play PS2. It's like a completely different game with the BWC. We are a team in everything we do. Hell we were playing Halo without voice chat and we were still bounding down the hallway as a team just on instinct and training. If you have no idea what that means, don't worry about it neither did I before I joined up. We take our training seriously, but it's not a scene out of Full Metal Jacket. My first air assault training we did a gal drop and I completely missed the target. We just loaded up and did it right the next time. We really are a team here, we won't drop you in the deep end and laugh as you drown. We'll give you every opportunity to learn to swim first, and only then do we laugh if you drown anyway :D If that sounds fair to you, give us a shot. You won't regret it.
  3. Grover

I am a new pc gamer and Planetside player and really wanted to fully enjoy the game so I decided to look for an outfit. I decided to join BWC during the ps2 beta because of their great organization, support, and leadership. Everyday is a blast because we are constantly moving together and taking objectives. Just last night we got on indar almost warpgate capped and we took outliers and lead the TR to take indar. It was awesome. Its a great outfit to join if you are a ps2 veteran or noob like me as everyone is willing to help out and you will learn a ton from playing with BWC.
  4. Naught

I started playing with BWC in early 2005, I've participated in several games, took breaks for RL and come back and been welcomed with open arms, for me there is no question what the best outfit is for PS2, there is no alternative to the BWC.
  5. Unthinkable

I remember fighting along side BWC back in Planetside 1 as part of the ULTRA Alliance, years later the guys I played with are no longer an outfit so a dropped an app on the forums and couldn't be happier that I did. The level of teamwork I have seen from the members of The BWC surpass anything I have seen in any other game bar none. There is a spot for just about everyone in the BWC from the complete newbie to the top notch FPS players to the methodical tactician. There is training offered regularly for those who wish to attend it, Task Forces for those who like a specific aspect of the game, and we generally have several squads going, so if strategy is your cup of tea anyone is welcome to step up and take platoon or squad lead.
  6. Evicerous39

It's been an incredible half year with BWC... joined for another game, saw BWC send Planetside 1 out in style and have witnessed them grow this outfit into a force here on Planetside 2. Any goal seems to be in reach with this outfit, while the combat direction and organization is off the charts.
  7. BWC Moondancer

There is only one place to be, BWC. Organized, friendly and deadly. Haven't been with a proper unit for a long time but when I saw BWC and read about how and why we do things it's was clear, this is the place to be. Have and fun blow stuff up, make new friends.
  8. friendlyengy

If you want to fight for honor, for glory, for the Terran Republic, there is no better outfit than Black Widow Company.

We will harness your courage, hone your team spirit, and sharpen your skills. You will become a master and commander of TS3 radio communications. You will align yourself with your squadmates, drop into hostile territory, laugh at the overwhelming odds, blast barnies and the smurfs to bits, and crawl out covered in your enemy's blood with your squadmates by your side. You may even discover that you have the knack for leadership, and you will be leading a squad of loyal and trained Terran soldiers into the heart of the enemy.

For your brothers in arms! For the Republic! Enlist with BWC today!
  9. Expediter

You'd be hard pressed to find a group that puts this much into winning. We will train anyone to play as a top notch teammate. Our goal is to have fun OUR way:cool:
  10. Hanible

NC got you down? Got a bad case of the VS? Need a great group of people to game with who also know how to work together to destroy any objective? Look no farther then the BWC. Drop by @ the-bwc.com and say hello. We will be waiting on the battlefield.
  11. Teraq

Question for a member of Black Widow Company. Your webpage history talks about a member that joined in 2003 and helped form the Emerald Alliance among other things. He went by the name Palin previously =NCG=BigBro of New Century Gamers. I was in =NCG= with him for a couple years through several games and also was a member of his Planetside Outfit. I haven't been in touch with any of them in 7 or 8 years so seeing the name on your website brought back all kinds of fun memories. Do you know if BigBro/Palin is still active with your group? If so I'd like to say hello.
  12. hutttch

Excellent company. Excellent community. Great people willing to help from the top all the way down.
  13. Kain

Primarily MWO for me in BWC, but I dabble in PS2 as well. These guys are fantastic. Always pushing the envelope for what can be accomplished. Be a part of it...see how far you can push the envelope.
  14. John Wolf

What happened to the epicthread? :p Failz!

Great group of people, put into it what you want to get out of it. Great quality people in BWC and I've gotten to know several people I consider friends. Even if its just the online variety.

Well worth checking out, even if you don't sign up.

~Teraq, I'm not sure if that player is around or not. One of the oldies will have to pipe up for that. :)
  15. Jomo

Epic thread died when they switched over ;).

Been with these guys for a long time and played many a game with them (PS1, PS2, WAR, etc) and every time it's been a good time. Definitely encourage everyone to scope them out!
  16. Rohan

Excellent list of fun nights planned with the OP for the next few weeks. This Christmas should be exciting!

Join up or ask any questions if you're interested.
  17. SomniumMortus

I've just rejoined [BWC] after a big break from games, and it's great with Planetsdie 2. I'm on here running one to three ops a night, with training here and there. Making friends, killing enemies, making good use of comms. Lead squads, be a part of a squad, it's all good fun.

Don't hesitate, this is where the fun is at my friends! :D
  18. Ebonymaul

There I was, no ****, true story.... Me and a squad of TR pukes slugging it out with the VS on Ceryshun.... I hate scum, especially purple scum... Anyway, my in game name is "OptimusPrime", so one of these fresh young privates says, "Hey Prime, where are all the autobots, maybe they can help us..." The team laughs, they all look at me... I ain't laughing... I say "Hey cruit, the bots are at your moms house, running a soultrain in da azz, any other stupid questions...?" Recruit didn't like that very much and attempted a TK.... I evaded by attacking the closes VS hardpoint with angry cruit following... Nothing like good fodder in a fire fight... Long story short, we all died for the republic that day.... I decided then, no more battles with ******* newbies and wannabees.... So I joined the Black Widow Company.... Been there ever since...

I have paused....

Oh, by the way, I'm OptimusPrime in PS2 also....
  19. jelf

Great outfit. Having a lot of fun.

Just wondering why we ditched the old recruitment thread with 60 or so pages. When considering to join an outfit, a lot people use the number of replies as an indicator to its popularity.

Not that it's accurate but it's the only thing you can see before joining. I myself used the number of replies as a factor or joining(I choose an outfit first, then make a character based on the server and faction of the outfit. So I have really no idea how BWC is like before joining except from its recruitment thread and replies).

I think if we use the old 60-page thread a lot more people will join.
  20. Lokas

I've been with the BWC since September now, and I had an amazing Planetside moment with them last night. We had pushed the VS back on Indar to damn near their warp gate and the squad I was with took some dinky little tower within spitting distance of said warp gate. At this point we started getting flooded with enemy aircraft, just a constant stream of scythes and liberators so four of us pulled burster MAXs, myself being one of them, and headed to the top of the tower to start swatting down the gnats. What made it special was that as we're standing there, one of my squadmates started directing the fire of four of us. He'd call out the general direction of the nearest enemy aircraft or largest threat and you'd get these four MAXs, amplified by some merc support, just honing in on this one plane and blowing it to kingdom come. Just like "Liberator, southwest high, redirect fire." Simple, quick commands that got all of us to focus and decimate.

It was freaking beautiful. I love being BWC, you don't get that kinda organization anywhere else.