Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xylogenesis

Implying that the informed are actually buying SC at this point.

First they would have to spend money creating that content, and they're done spending money on PS2 that they don't have to. The goal at this point is to cover their losses, not spend even more money in the hopes they can magically turn this trainwreck into a huge success.

Ever heard of "throwing good money after bad"?
    • Up x 1
  2. ADFXOzymandias

When I beat Mass Effect 3 I had to take a moment to process how terrible that ending was. And yes I say ending because realistically both endings were the exact same. I'm completely done with Bioware for killing my favorite game series. I picture Bioware like Ravenholm from Half Life 2 now. We don't go there anymore...
    • Up x 1
  3. NevilClavain

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one, someone kept asking me repeatedly "How are you insulted, have they come to your door and insulted your mother or something?" o_O As you can see guys a person can feel offense without literally being spat on "at my front door", surprised all don't feel that way, or maybe I shouldn't
    • Up x 1
  4. NevilClavain

Yeap, how a company can develop a beautiful, 4+ year relationship with a customer and then, quite literally, pull their pants down and defecate down upon them is...I have no words. Yea it's just a game and yea we have a life (destructive critics, lookin at u) but still, why turn a good thing into an experience that will forever be remembered as an insult lol?! They'd make a TON more money if they delivered a quality product...
  5. NevilClavain

right, you wouldn't have to hold a 5min convo :)
  6. SgtScum

The 'informed' are buying $C at the 3X rate whilst the uninformed are buying at full price.

3X $C is fine with me and totally worth the price of unlocks.

This so called trainwreck is already one of the largest sucesses SOE has had to date. But thats totally due to impulse buying and intelligent price gouging. But the players who will pay full price is a water drop in the sea of players that will pay a discounted price and those discounts are coming in fast and furious.

Ask yourself what is more profitable? A handfull of players willing to pay full price during the first weeks of the game to get ahead or the untold masses of players holding back for specials to give as much value to their purchase as possible?

SOE knows this and is milking the impulse purchases for all its worth but will of course eventually see the way the wind in blowing and then cater to the masses.

Every f2p game has this release mechanic and SOE are not fools.
    • Up x 1
  7. ADFXOzymandias

If you really think about the prices...

$20
    I could spend this on two guns and some camo, or a gun and some more camo. The other other option is Premium which as I've mentioned before, is a complete rip off, with a piece of camo. I say $20 because that's the usual price of DLC for most games, and in this case I'm thinking the new Skyrim DLC. That adds 30 to 40 hours of gameplay, new weapons, new characters, a new WORLD, and SOE is trying to justify selling me some re stat-ed guns and extra colors for the same price? Seriously think about it. You could get an entire DLC for that price! $20 should get me much further than two guns and some camo.
  8. Pr0ph3tx

ehhhhhhh wtv
  9. ADFXOzymandias

I know they were going for an "edgy" ending and didn't just want something like, Shepherd and Wrex hi-five and go to the pub and have a pint to celebrate that the galaxy is saved. *Spoiler* But the fact that they have to be all cryptic and "the point of the game is that your choices don't matter" and that there is no real victory. *Spoiler*

Anyways... A little off topic there.
    • Up x 1
  10. NevilClavain

Dark indeed:
    I don't get it. They make a bad decision with the game already riddled with problems, pull a quick EA/Bioware move, and suddenly I and those who agree are living in a dream world?! o_O When we just try to point out a terrible move and help the community? Really?

Dark times indeed, given that the "community" seems to support nickle and diming over good business practices.
  11. SgtScum

New game payer blues(no misspell) are at the heart of it.

Every new f2p game has a period of farming impulse buys and this game is no exception.

So don't be an impulse n00b and wait for a 3x $C event.
  12. isilyan

I intent to support this game, imho its is the fps epic game exp there is out there. But when you get to many drops in a glass it overflows, and you starts to question the devs and the game. But after playing with an outfit on Miller tonight i must say....FREE DEFAULT HORN(with cooldown)FTW:) Lets get a balanced talk about how its fair that SOE gets our $. And I gladly forget the whole Horngate thing:p
    • Up x 1
  13. ADFXOzymandias

That's really what I'm going to end up doing. And I would be content paying for SC at the event price.
    • Up x 1
  14. NevilClavain

Eh, I'd say exactly to the point I mean didn't they charge for some end game content after they released the free extended cutscenes? So they make a mistake and look for a way to make profit, seems to be along the lines of what's happening here. SOE launches a game that is great in theory, poor in practice. To salvage fiscal insolvency, they overprice things with complete disregard for fans and players.
  15. Xylogenesis

I laughed so hard when I read this.

Thanks, that made my night.
    • Up x 1
  16. NevilClavain

well said
  17. ADFXOzymandias

That's pretty much exactly what they did. It's worth mentioning though that they should have kept the game in beta. There was once a time when games were released with very few bugs, because people expected to be purchasing and playing completed games. Those days have passed as well, as evidenced by the people nowadays who always spout "The game just came out so you should expect some bugs!" They really should have kept it in beta until people were fully satisfied, but everyone is so hellbent on forcing new titles out as soon as they can just so they can start profiting.
    • Up x 1
  18. illgot

there is always Free Realms :)
  19. NevilClavain

Agreed, tho I don't mind paying full price if it's a good and fun game to play, which I thought PS2 was, so I paid full price (drop in the bucket, I know). But I really want this game to succeed or I wouldn't bother posting anything, I'd just walk away and play something else.

And you're right on the money about what's more profitable. So long as good content is available that is. The same gun with the numbers switched around for $7 doesn't count imo
  20. Niric

This is exactly what I was going to post. I guess i won't read any further into the thread. That's a lot of pages! Haha.

-Niric
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.