Average KD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Rendezvous

I'm just curious as to what the average K/D is for PS2. Does anyone know?
  2. SKYeXile

depends on the average rate of suicides, but id expect the average K/D to be around 0.98/1.
    • Up x 2
  3. Lokarin

Since for every kill someone has to die, it must be 1/1

...Excluding suicides, redeploys, ragequits, assists (which are occasionally counted as kills) and people who get one kill then quit the game forever.
  4. Rendezvous

That seems a bit low. I have a 2.65 KD currently, but yet I don't feel like I'm doing too good. My outfit members manage to hold 4-5 K/D which makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.
    • Up x 1
  5. Protios

Hopefully once the Player sections is up and running we'll have more statistics than we can shake a stick at.
  6. Shagged

For every kill, there's a death, and then you factor in suicides... It's probably something extremely close to 1, like .9899.
  7. Phyr

I have a VS at 1.6~ and a TR at 2.6~. The VS is my main, and I use every class and vehicle except air. The TR is probably 80% LA.
  8. SKYeXile

This:
    For every kill there must be a death, meaning that the average K/D must be less than 1 because of suicides...oh yea and teamkills.

I have 100 deaths to friendlies out of 1800, which puts it at 0.5% id have about a 1-2% suicide rate too, i think most peoples would be the same because of frags, **** blowing up on you and flying into stuff. So yea, the Average K/D has to be less than 1.
  9. Bape

My KD is horrible because im infiltrator 100% and i love to infiltrate ......... But don't know why you care about KD doesn't really prove anything I saw a rank 53 and when he saw me he sprayed like he had no skills at all? .... yeh rank 53 and i killed him with a rebel and he had the first shot most likely i thought tank *****? air *****? don't know but when i looked him up said he used air 289 times.
    • Up x 1
  10. BadMannerKorea

Here, let me rephrase your argument for you: I think K/D is worthless because my K/D is horrible.

Real surprise there.

K/D is a statistic. It represents averages, and averages give an idea as to what kind of a player you are. It would be foolish to say that K/D is the only indicator of success in a game, just like it would be foolish to say that K/D means nothing.
    • Up x 3
  11. SKYeXile

If you're going to evaluate somebody on K.D you need to look at all the stats, not that we have them all available. but obviously many things factor into a K/D.

your class or vehicle
    Playstyle, are you solo or in a tight group, zerg or Zerg?
    Does the player play cautiously, aggressively or as a hero?
    then obviously skill is factor.

K/D simply cant be used alone to determine a players skill.

Been the game that this is though, the stats are sorta meh.

In a game like world of tanks though you can at a glance checkout how good a player is.

Signed,

SKYeXile.
    WOT Unicum.
    • Up x 1
  12. General Sherman

Last time I checked my NC main (mainly infantry based with a little tank support and no air skills or rocketpods) was about 1.35 K/D with both my kills and deaths to breaking 60% VS and 40% TR
  13. Fear The Amish

yeah mine is around 1 right now and i am an aggressive kamikaze most of the time (im that guy that runs into a room full of enemies to throw a gernade at my feet and full auto as many as possible before i go down) to make an opening for the rest of my squad to flood in.
    • Up x 1
  14. SKYeXile

This is the definition of hero. I do it all the time when a battle is boring me, broadcast on vent "IM GOING IN" generally die like 4 seconds later.
  15. Phaze

An average K/D would depend on what you do most of the time...

If you spend most of your time gunning in a Liberator and sport a K/D of 2.0... you're doing it very, very wrong.
    If you spend most of your time as a Heavy Assault rushing checkpoints and have a K/D of 2.0... you're pretty elite.

I'd like to see K/D broken up by weapon used/vehicle you're inside. That would be a lot more telling than just an overall average. That wouldn't account for risk factors... but it'd be a bit more informative.
  16. Derpina

KD? [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  17. Fear The Amish

yeah but the critical assist XP is sooooo sweet ;) also i love driving the "Suicide Sundie" pack that ***** with all HA's then rush a tank column and dump them in the middle and just floor it so all the tanks turn to kill me while my allies wreck them. :cool:
  18. Lord Robert

As some previous posters said, for every K there is a D, so if there were no team killing or suicide or deaths from things other than kills, we could know for sure the average K/D ratio would be 1. So the question is what percentage of deaths are from things other than kills? I personally feel that team killing is quite rampant, and would guess that it would probably lower the average K/D ratio down to around .8
    If I had to bet I'd feel comfortable with my money between .85-.75, but its hard to tell. Could very well be lower.
  19. Hordak

2.65 is great and in all honestly its been stated by a lot of people that K/D is not near as important as what your doing objective wise.
  20. Fuse

What am I missing here?
    • Up x 1