Please do something about the cheating.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrojonKing 1st, May 8, 2020.

1. TRspy007

You saw his videos lmao. As I said, I don't just follow him, I play with and against the guy. I've killed him many times, he's killed me many times, we all joke and have fun.

I'm not sure you have a good idea of what is and what's not possible in the game. I would recommend you check out some tutorials from these "cheaters".

Where was his 3rd party program?????

Alright dude, whatever :D:D:D
  2. TRspy007

No one will deny the existence of cheaters, however, they remain EXTREMELY rare.

I understand that for people who aren't used to the game, there's a lot of weird stuff possible. I'll admit even I'm not familiar with all of the mechanics. However, there are people who have nearly mastered the game, and are able to use it to their advantage. Since most people in the game are bad, hackers have always been something greatly exaggerated, when I reality the game handles them quite well. Usually when you die to someone who seems good at the game, it's because they are.

The little information we know hackers them in the game would suggest there's no more than a dozen (maximum) currently roaming the servers. The number would be closer to (less than) 6.

Also most people don't really understand what cheats are "possible", and which one's aren't.

The hitbox cheat for example - a popular hackusation coming from people who can't aim - has no longer been possible for quite some time now.

Many people don't mind saying the game is full of hackers, but they won't even try experimenting themselves. I challenge you. Go to one of these "hacker forums" and try to cheat in this game. If the cheats even work, we'll see how long you're able to cheat before you get caught.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

Just to share a little story: Yesterday I played with 2 others, and a single TR HA just completely and utterly owned us, dropping each of us in less than half a second, perfectly lining up headshots and even following movement flawlessly.
    Now, that person was ASP 100, so obviously experienced, but the three of us are no waffles either (though the other two had their main char on another server, so the ones they used were lower than their real experience would make you assume). This went on so oddly, dying so many times to a guy with such perfect accuracy, I went online and checked his fisu stats. Lo and behold, is HSR is ~36%. So I want to leave here the question how someone with a tracked HSR like that can drop multiple people with ease and what certainly felt like 90-100% HSR. Not neccessarily a cheat, but judging by his stats that's an extreme outlier (if he just had a good day, I want some of that, because it must have been the best in decades).
    • Up x 1
  4. TRspy007

That's great - now read what games have been used for the study.

Planetside 2 has cheaters yes, but it attracts less because it's just not a popular game. There's not really any point of cheating in Planetside, you don't win anything if you do. Sure, it might amuse some people to teleport around, or hitscan people from inside a rock, but the "reward" they get for doing that is null, and the sheer animosity of the community towards suspected cheaters just doesn't make the game very appealing to cheaters.

So yeah, there's cheaters, but it doesn't surprise me that the last information published about them was 20 (individual) cheaters, down to 6 a few months after.

Cheaters (even those who don't hack - simple stat padders) are also banned typically in under a day, the longest I've seen one take to get banned was less than a week. I don't think the team dedicated to that task is really large, but the player-base isn't really large either.

The reason a lot of players seem to be running a cheat is because most players have been around for years now. A dude with 7+ years experience is obviously going to have knowledge of the game's mechanics, and at least have an idea of how to make use of them. Usually the more people play the game, the more they realize they just suck(ed), and hackers represent an insignificant amount of their encounters in game.
  5. TRspy007

6. TRspy007

Remember, he could have started off that character as a noob, which is why his KDR/accuracy can be misleading.

I have been reviving old accounts, my (overall) kdr was below 0.7, now after about a month of play it's almost at 1 (0.96). In reality, my kdr during sessions hovers at 3. So it's just really the depressing past of that character that can be misleading to the stats.

I've cleared entire rooms just clicking heads with my butcher - full tryhard mode-, and at other times I've just died repeatedly. Maybe the dude was in fact just having one of those tryhard moments.

You would have to check to see if he has any newer alts, it would help give you a better picture of his real accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  7. Garmus

I can confirm these percentages are actually very close to reality in old MMORPG games with very well known engine, especially if many things are calculated on the client-side, not on server-side. In that case many hacks are absolutely undetectable at all. One example for all: Lineage 2.

I cannot say much about it in MMOFPS games, because I never played any MMOFPS in MLG hardcore mode. But if those percentages in MMOFPS games are similar, then its appaling.
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

Aight dude, I've literally asked every single time you barge in to share a few of these hackers with us (since you seem to encounter them a lot), in the forms of videos, links, whatever.

You have not once provided even a single shred of evidence.

You are the liar, or a delusional troll.

Keep pretending you only die to hackers buddy, I'm sure it'll help you improve at the game.
  9. Alkasirn

Here's some fun numbers:

According to VACBanned (which is probably the most reliable and unbiased source we have for PC games, even though it's specifically VAC): 1.89% of accounts checked got banned. We obviously don't have a number of accounts who actually have cheated but were NEVER caught. (Also keep in mind, VAC isn't used exclusively in free to play games. A significant number of that 1.89% were putting money on the line!)

And it's not like PlanetSide 2 is a completely unheard of game, either. According to SteamDB, Planetside 2 has the 235th highest all-time peak of every game on Steam (and that's not even counting players who played without using Steam!) Meaning more people were playing this game at one time on PC than games such as Dark Souls: Remastered, Nier Automata, and CoD:MW2!

Remember, that peak happened very early in PlanetSide 2's life. Back when it had absolutely no anti-cheat system whatsoever and sensitive information like the hitboxes were in plain text!

So alright, let's say VAC's numbers are not significantly different (I think it's a nice compromise between "estimates of up to 30%" and "extremely rare"!) And let's say not a single person has ever snuck past the all knowing battleye (which is false but you know.) Hell, let's ALSO say cheaters got bored playing an online FPS with an anti-cheat that didn't exist/isn't properly maintained where they can point at all their stats to show how good they are at the game for some reason, and there's 30% fewer now than there used to be.

Given all those benefits, it wouldn't be inaccurate to say every 48v48 fight has at least 1 cheater in it, statistically speaking.

Edit: I'm not even going to be like "boohoo it's DBG's fault" or anything. Whole reason I'm looking at whatever information I can find is I don't believe DBG/PS2 is worse about the hacker situation than your average developer. But I also don't believe they're performing miracles. Any FPS will need to trust the player at some point, especially an FPS of this scale. And as soon as you do that, you're gonna get hackers.
    • Up x 1
  10. Johannes Kaiser

Nah, he was using the Butcher, so I went from this weapon only to prevent exactly that misconception (I prefer my data as accurate as possible, after all information is victory). If his current accuracy would be lead to that average, he must have been truly abysmal when acquiring it, which I doubt.
    Besides, considering it's the Aurax weapon, it's a reasonable assumption that he had left his baby shoes already when getting it.
  11. TRspy007

Ah ok then.

Perhaps the fisu was inaccurate; it remains experimental.

Well good luck the next time you encounter him :p
    • Up x 1
  12. SikVvVidiT

I got better things to do with my time (like make money and bang chicks) then then alter files and stuff like that.. I just play this game for ***** and giggles, I don't even subscribe anymore.

I remember people like you saying stuff like this in PS1 forums.. Everyone where complaining how this outfit called [SG] were hacking and moving faster then everyone else.. The devs ignore us for 2 years... Then finally bam they get caught using this program called Speed step...Players with eyballs 1 Devs/Mods and silly Fanbois 0. That was just one example there were a few others.

But Maybe someone else here will take you up on your challenge... I don't need to, I have a good idea who is hacking in this game, but it doesn't matter to me anymore since I don't sub. I was just jumping into this thread and giving my 2 cents from someone who has played this IP and seen hackers or all sorts since 2003....

TBH I kinda want hackers to run people away so PS2 to go down the drain. Maybe then someone else will buy the IP or make another game like this with better hit detection and a better game engine.

Speaking of that maybe if the silly Devs had better hit detection in this mess or allowed us to see people's health without a damn implant (Like in PS1) hackusations would go down a bit....Maybe..
  13. WinterAero

Its incredible honestly that people engage you in serious dialogue lol. ''No one will deny the existence of cheaters, however, they remain EXTREMELY rare'', TRspy you really are one of the most moronic imbeciles I've ever seen on the net (slowclap).

Not only was the companies second game (with file crossover) virtually destroyed by rampant cheating; you really have to wonder about your laughable lack of common sense.

If games on a large scale with anti-cheat teams, monitoring and updates to software and otherwise ban thousands of accounts a week (granted thats already more than ps2's per server playerbase); then what exactly do you think is stopping people who enjoy hacking and griefing from coming to game without any? Writing scripts for ps2 was always hilariously easy. Now that there is nobody at all monitoring it; you'd me masochistic not to cheat here almost.

If people think instantly being headlocked and killed from any distance or direction by people who take zero time to acquire an unexpected target or aim, is 'learned skill because they are a vet'...whooosh. You are seriously epic level of *******. Theres really nothing more to say. The game has a LOT of veteran players. Where exactly are these majority of new players who don't know what they are seeing? Ah yes. Your hilarious imagination. Move along champ. History and the companies record speaks for itself.
    • Up x 1
  14. Skraggz

These forums.... character attacks, and name calling doesn't win debates nor does it automatically make you correct. Burden of proof is on the accusers, and to ask for proof doesn't automatically mean some one is hacking or and "idiot". It is 100% ok to ask for proof and have doubt when nothing outside of anecdotal experience is provided.
    • Up x 4
  15. TRspy007

Quote me next time, you mongoloid.

You've got about as much evidence to prove your point as you have IQ.

So go on, wave around pathetic baseless statements to find refuge in how miserable of a player you are.

I'm sure the reason you can't kill anyone is because they're all hacking but you.

2 things then:

1) cheat yourself, since it's so easy and there's nothing to stop you
    2) Provide some footage of your daily gameplay of you encountering these so called "cheaters" and explain to us where they are and how to find them.
  16. TRspy007

Thank you. I have yet to see ONE of these people link a video of them encountering these "cheaters" during their play sessions, and the most they have come up with to link hackers are the leaderboards, a few players who actually have YouTube channels, and one obvious cheater(banned in under a day).

I must be a total ****** to not believe that there's hackers everywhere, when they can't even come up with ONE bit of proof that hackers are in fact present in their gameplay.
  17. TRspy007

I'm sure you do dude.

Why don't you give us a few links to them, maybe some footage of you explaining how to identify hackers in our daily play.

Some of us silly idiots are out here farming, and we don't even notice that everyone we've killed is a hacker. Please, enlighten us.

Don't be like the others and keep it a secret, share your wisdom!

I don't play on Soltech, but I'd love to know what's going on in the other servers, since oblivious little me doesn't notice anything is wrong when I log on to farm a few dudes. So please, open my eyes.

Lol if anything you just confirmed my idea that everyone who complains about hackers is a little kid. You all really sound mature
  18. Campagne

The more times I have to ask you for evidence of your ludicrous claims the worse it looks for your case.

Especially when you double-down on them and say nonsense like "less than 6" players are cheating on live.

For everyone else here, this post contains a blank "quote" of mine, so that I get an alert pointing me to it.

Just so that's obvious what's going on.
  19. TRspy007

As I said before, I've already linked my evidence multiple times, in many forms, sugarbear. Scroll up, open your eyes, open your mind, and click on the links:)

You wrote that you preferred to ignore them, and instead proposed strange arguments for how probability says you must my a PIP and must and must. Yeah, probability by nature is a guess, so the fact you're claiming the probabilities of stuff that have literally nothing to do with the game is reason for why your statement must be true is quite hilarious.

You said the game was competitive, I resorted to the community to try and shake some sense into you, don't get embarrassed now sweetie-pie.

From now though, I'll be careful and keep in mind everyone but me is cheating. That said, go **** yourself you dirty cheater. Everyone reading this post is a cheater, and DBG never bans them, and I'm gonna keep whining about nearly non-existant problems, and I believe I can beat the hackers.

I think I'm getting the hang of it, it'll be much easier to swallow my defeats in game now.

C H E A T E R

btw I've yet to see a single video of you in game encountering one of these cheaters, but I guess it's so widespread you wouldn't know what to upload, even though I said anything would do ;)
  20. Campagne

Yadda yadda, if you had sources you'd post them.

Other opinions don't change reality so unless you're truly so desperate for my attention I'm probably not even going to bother with that thread.

But anyways you have fun building those makeshift mannequins out of dried stalks of grain. <3