9/7 Update & Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Sep 6, 2016.

1. LodeTria

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-9-7.242625/

So a new patch is coming our way, it looks like a pretty good patch. The coyote nerf was deserved and the new player stuff is cool. The mineral radar being passive is great and the HIVE efficiency update is good too (this is what it looks like now: http://imgur.com/a/KV5vW).

I wonder what those new player studio things are. There's also a bunch of terrarin fixes so we'll see if they actually fixed or not. I also wonder what new bugs will come out this patch.
  2. tommyrocket

Still no fix for ally and enemy rockets getting stuck in mid-air. Much like a dual Fracture TR MAX appearing to shoot himself, which causes massive lag for those close to him, regardless of graphics settings, thanks to the over-use of smoke particles.
  3. JKomm

I think everything in the update is a tremendous change beside the Auxiliary Shield, that could have avoided implementation by simply giving Medkits or Restokits to new players instead(They're both utilities anyway)... this wouldn't impact the game balance as much either(i.e. no cause to change AP mines, knives, or cannons).

The quality of life updates are great, hopefully it helps new players stick around... the changes to the ANT radar are most welcome as well, though I do not partake of that as much as I use to.

I'm hoping to see some spectacular Player Studio items, a lot of great vehicle cosmetics as of late... I'd love to see faction specific Harasser cosmetics(Started getting into using the vehicle more, really loving it now aside from the obvious downside of Nanite Systems).

All-in-all, great update. I cannot wait to play it tomorrow once it goes to Live.
  4. LaughingDead

I don't understand why the AI noseguns needed to be nerfed even more but whatever, infantryside.

I like the new player buff, hopefully will get some players to stick around and enjoy what is planetside.
  5. LaughingDead

What are these NBZ additions?
  6. PatateMystere

Seems like we will not be refounded for the cert that we spent to buy abilities like Flak armor or basic weapons attatchements.
  7. EPIC389

Wrel has pointed out that a biolab is being replaced with a large area where players can literally build a base on top of it. There are also several underground areas where the capture points are. Personally I find this intriguing and hope for the best
    • Up x 1
  8. AZAN

I don't think this will help new players much. The big area where new players suffer is in AV and AA capability. I never personally found the guns to be an issue and was still using my starting engineer gun for a long time with good results.
  9. AtckAtck

What i didn't get while reading, the new infantry items go in which slot? Suit?
    If so nothing will change 99% will still use Nanoweave Armor. Things like more grenades are fine, but too situational. More grenades still don't help if you don't survive the first enemy you see. Same goes for all the new items.

The changes to the Nano Armor Cloak sound good, finally there is a reason to use it. More shield vs longer cloak. Looks like I will need to dump some certs there, if I play infil again sometime.

A refund for all the stuff that is now free really would have been nice... Trying to please old customers is right too you know.

And I really hope you don't mess with my current load outs, I will gut you if you change everything to default... I mean it!

What was that about anti infantry nose gun nerfs?! Maybe I am blind, but I didn't see any change listed?

What's with the lock on delay? Does that mean the rocket flies a certain range before locking on and steering towards the target? If so, then this is good news, finally can shoot rockets out of windows again. And no more rockets coming out behind of my head, flying straight into concrete.
  10. DocteurVK

"No buildong zones" wher people can't build bases

It goes on utility slot (same slot as medkits / C4) so it's an additional passive giving you 50 flat Shield points.
    You get more total HP but can't use Meds or C4 anymore.

I can see where I'll get this one (as i often forget to use my kits anyway, and it will not cost nanites at all)
  11. Pat22

I was waiting for this patch to start new alts. Though the lack of Rocklet Rifles displeases me, I'm still overall excited about everything in here.

The Aux shield is a nice little addition for new players, though it does remove a tiny bit of value from Nanoweave rank 1.
    Rank 1 nanoweave made it so you took one more bullet to kill, Aux shield also makes it so you take one more bullet to kill. Sadly, combining the two does not make it so you take two bullets to kill. Honestly, though, that's pretty irrelevant.
    Max rank Nanoweave + aux shield does yield an upgrade from 2 more shots to kill to 3 more shots to kill ( with standard 143 damage weapons. 167 and 200 damage weapons remain at 2 extra shots. ), if you're looking for a max HP build.
  12. ZephyrBurst

Yo Sites, the patch notes have a bug. It mentions the LA default loadout tool is the Rocklet Rifle which won't be in this patch. <3

Looking forward to trying out how the knife works now and see if it feels better.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

great changes,
    i knew ANT mineral Radar would have to become a passive cert line, it is pretty much mandatory, now I can play my trollish roadkill stealth ant and find minerals faster to get started :D

also love the knife changes, and the new player changes will be very welcome to many.

one question, will we get refunds for all of the stuff that new players are being given?
    Nanoweave on our heavies for example puts us back 1211 certs, thats a massive blow to the wallet for something that all players will now freely be given.
  14. Pat22

It was confirmed that we would not get cert refunds for the items, but they would be given to all currently existing characters as well.
  15. LodeTria

16. Liewec123

aww well that kinda sucks XD
    so many thousands of certs gone :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Halkesh

With the auraxium shield change, titan HE and supernova VPC has been buff to 1050.
    And what about lightning HE ? Devs forget it or intentionally avoid to buff it ?

Outside of this, nice patch. I hope new target player will stay longer due to being less frustrated.
  18. Daigons

It's feels really odd combining the Ballistics Computer with a 12x scope. No sway.
  19. JKomm

If I recall, Lightning HE is already too weak to kill infantry with a single indirect damage shot... the weapon it typically inferior to the Viper in all cases besides reload speed. Essentially the damage changes are to compensate weapons that should deal the exact damage to kill in one hit.
  20. Eternaloptimist

Not so usre about that - see below. Not giving up my C4 for an aux shield though though (or my nanoweave for ASC)

oLight Assault
    §ROOFTOP SKIRMISHER
    ·Primary: Default Carbine
    ·Suit: Advanced Shield Capacitor
    ·Tool: Rocklet Rifle
    ·Ability: Skirmisher Jump Jets
    ·Utility: Auxiliary Shield
    §CLOSE-RANGE AMBUSHER
    ·Primary: Default Shotgun·Suit: Ammunition Belt
    ·Tool: Rocklet Rifle
    ·Ability: Skirmisher Jump Jets
    ·Utility: Auxiliary Shield