[Actually serious] Maxes should be deleted from Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Rogueghost

I'm pretty sure Mustarde could solo maxes with a knife if he really wanted to, I doubt he made this thread because he can't kill maxes, but rather because they are a cancerous growth on the game.
    • Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

My point wasn't that infiltrators are more powerful than MAXes. My point was that Mustarde is so much better than that specific guy, that he doesn't have the right to express his opinion in such tone.
    • Up x 2
  3. cobaltlightning

The only way anyone be able to solo knife a MAX, from 100% health to ded, is if they were in the middle of nowhere and the MAX was AFK for no less than ten minutes. In that close of Range, the MAX could literally backhand a non-MAX class and do a 1 hit KO.

MAXes need some tweaks, I won't argue with that, but they ain't leaving the game, like it or not. MAXes are actually relatively fragile, and there's a thing as focused fire which will take quite a good amount of health away from a MAX unit anyway. What's that? You used a full magazine of ammo and didn't kill nothin'? Well boo hoo, either use an engie or stick with your engies, which are your teammates, and you're supposed to stick with your teamates anyway because it's a team oriented game.

What MAXes gain in overall health pool they lose in passive regeneration, their increased firepower comes with larger hitbox and slower speed. Use the downsides of an enemy MAX to your advantage: Flank from behind or above, use your cover, reposition if he starts shooting in your direction.

One who complains about MAX Units never uses said MAX units.
  4. AxiomInsanity87

But that specific guy has no isue with maxes.

Who's better is irrelevant. You don't have to be good to mock someone who is proposing to remove from the game.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

Many thing could be considered a cancerous growth. Whether or not people like something and think so is irrelevant and we're talking about something that makes up for 6% of the playtime with classes.
  6. Iridar51

Yeah, you do have to be better. He indirectly called Mustarde a scrub who can't kill MAXes and allegedly that's why he's campaigning for their removal. You can't say things like that when you're a nobody yourself, not to mention that mocking in itself is non-constructive and immature.

Now please stop making me explain obvious things.
    • Up x 1
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Im all for balance and tweaks, like iridrs heavy assault shield suggestion.

I'm against removal of anything and such suggestions should be considered as serious as a troll post.
    • Up x 3
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I nt understand. You don't have to keep rehashing your punts when someone doesn't free with you.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

I'm on a tablet and CBA to edit that lol.
    • Up x 1
  10. 0fly0

Guess that childish answer mean that you're too ashame of your character stat or ability to play this game.
  11. JustBoo

You haven't played a MAX lately that is certain. The TR version is like delicate Origami Art, and just as durable.

Fixed that for you.

Okay done. Information free post always follows when a statement like that is made. One just knows it's a bunch of emo opinion.
    • Up x 1
  12. AlterEgo

ISIS Supporting?
    [IMG]
    Never thought about it that way. But Terrans as holy or even just! SPARE ME, PLEASE.
  13. Rogueghost

First off that was a hyperbole, although I've knifed more than a couple maxes to death solo, sure they were all sub BR 10's and even then you need to shuffle like Therum, but its not impossible.

You also wasted this rant on the wrong person, I have a half decent amount of playtime in a Max, typically in a duel pounder anti max build designed to instant gib any hostile maxes that happen to be pissing me off in the area.

I'm also very good at killing maxes, I typically win more 1v1's vs maxes than times I lose, and I often run with a few other SOLx guys who are also more than capable of soloing maxes. But we are also the top TR outfit on our server, to us maxes are annoying cheesesuits that need to be killed first, to a new player they are a reason to uninstall.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ronin Oni

Of course you do.

You want everything but LA's, Medics, Engies, and maybe infils removed from the game or nerfed so they effectively are
    • Up x 4
  15. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  16. 0fly0

Not really i actually did it once for fun on a br 5, it take me more than 20 knife cut by turning around him, on of my most hilarious moment in this game, i will not try this with any other kind of player ^^
  17. AlterEgo

*SNIFF*
    Just like how awesome CoH 1 was...

AND THEN 2 SUCKED!
    But yeah, I don't care what people say. This game is the best I've ever played, and it could be better if they ACTUALLY improve empire specific EVERYTHING. I want more Terran stuff, more NC stuff, more VS stuff, more ES aesthetics, I want more UNIQUE stuff, ASSYMETRIC stuff, stuff that nobody else can get. MAXes aren't really a problem in my experience. Sure, if I meet a dual shotty MAX when going around the corner, I'm dead. But that's how it was DESIGNED to be. Pump actions are sort of like that, to some extent.
    AND with the approaching release of the AM Rifle and AT mines' abilities to destroy MAXes, Engineers will be able to face off with them, making the only class not able to do virtually ANYTHING to vehicles the Infiltrator, which I hope they fix soon.
    • Up x 2
  18. Sorato

best solution IMO would be an infantry only server, where the only vehicles allowed are no gun sundies and spacewhales.

so MLG infantry purist can have their undisturbed "infantry experience" without trying to destroy the game for the rest of the player base.
    • Up x 2
  19. Iridar51

No, what I want is fun gameplay for everyone. Not my fault things you mentioned lead to something that's not.
  20. Ronin Oni

You see MAX AV in a biolab for fighting MAXes.

They're competent at killing Inf, so the MAX isn't defenseless and can still put out some hurt for sure

But they're far from ideal compared to the AI guns which shred more infantry, faster, with fewer reloads, and more allowance for misses.

Biolabs have MAXes in them though, so having a stong MAX killer MAX is actually quite useful.
    • Up x 1