Whats with all the hackers this last week

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jubikus, May 28, 2015.

1. Jubikus

Because many bases are multi layered theres a huge difference between radar with an infiltrators recon device and somones esp hack is huge knowing that someone is on the roof and not in the building not to mention the fact that you have to get the device in the general area and people dont show up if they dont move so that heavy assult camping on the doorframe near the point would be unnoticed by a recon device but an esp hacker will come in looking up prefiring from the side of the door hes not looking at and most players including myeslf can only say well maby it was a good guess and we never know.
  2. Shatters

I am saying there are a FEW hackers around.
    Saying there is a lot of them just means that you blame your own faults / incapability on other people cheating.

"Everybody that doesnt agree with my faulty opinion is a hacker"

You realise that this isnt possible with the current game-engine? While they can teleport behind you and aimbot for the head with a shotgun, they cant adjust the damage of a weapon, since that is calculated server-side...... Pretty sure you wont be able to adjust the ROF either.
  3. Ruxxis

4. Alchemist44

5. sL360

I wouldn't have either until I actually looked. The number of hack sites for PS2 is quite staggering...they even have paid services. Some of them are guaranteed untraceable. There are hacks that only modify the weapon data so it's much harder to pin down. You could meet a high level player who seems to insta-headshot you by just looking at him and could easily think "Oh, he's BR 100. He's probably just really good." But the good players might just be really good at hiding themselves.

I don't know if I'd assume the percentage was 20% of the playerbase but I definitely think it's higher than any of us regular players would like to believe.
  6. Cheetoh

I've seen something just like this. The other day there was someone shooting and killing players from inside a wall. People were trying to shoot back, but their bullets couldn't touch him. Eventually, he made his way to a spot in the wall where I could get close enough to knife him before he knew I was there.

Unfortunately, I've seen lots of other blatant stuff and I just started back playing 3 weeks ago. Another example of something blatant I saw was someone on a quadbike that would haul *** and jump 40 - 50 meters into the air. At first when I saw it, I just laughed and thought "damn, look at that", but then they kept doing it. So, I spawned a Flash and tried it. I went like 3m in the air.

Those things don't bother me so much because anyone and everyone can see it. It's the subtle cheaters that end up killing a game. The worst of the worse being ESP cheats. People can use them, and instead of being caught and exposed they're often called a "good" player.
  7. Garrum

No, saying there is a lot of them is simply recognition that there are a lot of cheaters.

There is no benefit to not admitting there are a lot of cheaters unless they are trying to downplay or hush up discussion about cheats.

It's very possible. It's what MScontin was using to instantly kill full health MAXes with an EM6.
  8. JobiWan

I think there are some hackers and exploiters, I've seen people warping, been shot through walls and someone posted a video a few days back of someone chasing a Harasser on foot and outrunning it.

But....I've just had a few messages accusing me of hacking. I was defending a point, put some clays out, saw an enemy running in and started shooting, then he ran into my clay. Then I got a tell saying he'd reported me. I was like 'huh?' and he said I shot him and he died from a mine. I said yeah you ran into my mine, I saw it, my kill screen says I got a clay kill, what's the big deal?

He was spouting some nonsense about how my gun was 100% damage but the mine killed him and I was hacking. He said he'd recorded it and reported. I told him to report away 'cos I have nothing to hide.

A few minutes later I was playing Stalker Infi and ran into him again, we danced around a bit, I hit him with crossbow then knifed him and killed him, and again he accuses me of hacking saying I stabbed him while cloaked, and he's going to post it on Reddit for all to see.

The guy is clearly delusional and sees anyone getting the better of him as a hacker. He was a BR100 too but he obviously doesn't understand the game mechanics, or he was intentionally trying to wind me up.

Too many are quick to cry hacker when it's more likely a foible of the game and the clientside thing or lag or some other game bug.
  9. n0pax

1. It was at the time of posting, as in 6:30 AM ET or whenever it was wrote, that said your cherry picked PS2 cap is still lower than the H1Z1 numbers I pulled at 6:30 AM on a weekday.
    2. As you say in #3, they are very different games, H1Z1 runs fine due to it being much smaller, PS2 does not run fine due to the size.
    3. It is incredibly rare to have "hundreds of people in one hex". Battles virtually never exceed 150 players nowadays, heck 2 out of the 5 servers do not even have "hundreds of players" online serverwide at their primetime. Guild Wars 2 is a very comparable system in terms of population concepts but it, unlike PS2, is not a dead game. Even when there are 200 players at a keep the server maintains the same latency for me (92, it's in California I'm in NYC) and FPS remain high even with all the animations.

PS2? The game grinds to a halt on most computers and it is large reason why the game is empty. In addition my Emerald ping goes well above 150 on a regular basis in these type of battles. During low load times my ping is around 8. PS2 actually runs fantastically terribly when it is compared to anything else available on the market. The "massive battle" excuses due not work anymore, other games compete if not exceed PS2 population levels (albeit different genres).

BF4 64 man battles are becoming comparable to PS2 battles especially on Connery, yet PS2 still runs poorly compared to BF4. It is a fact that this game runs poorly for what it gives, I am not sure why you are trying to argue otherwise. It is also a fact that this game emphasizes the CPU more than other PC games which magnifies this issue since most players did not build their computer specifically for PS2 and therefore have excess GPU capacity and a shortage of CPU capacity for PS2.
  10. Garmus

Yesterday, at nice Tech Plant fight during alert, suddenly Vanu AI MAX appear under the Tech Plant spawnroom shooting at everyone from below the ground, so no one was able to kill him.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8262937017480171921
    stats at this moment:
    K/D: 1071 (yes, over ONE THOUSAND kill/death ratio, it is not a typo)
    BR: 22
    almost all kills are headshots with Quasar VM1

And that is just an example of very obvious hacking, there are many other more subtle hackers.

<irony> Oh wait, sure, there are no hackers/exploiters in the game, it is just an alt character of very skilled player, isn't it? :rolleyes: </irony>
  11. sebastian oscar post

this guy sounds like he's had some MAJOR butt-hurt......
    .....LIKE HIS CHAIR DECIDED TO F*CK HIM IN THE ***! SERIOUSLY THERE AIN'T NO HACKERS ANY MORE!
  12. RykerStruvian

I think it depends on the fight. There was a guy warping around one of the fights I was in, but it was 96+vs96+. And the servers hadn't been brought down for maintenance any time soon, so there was a lot of weird stuff going on. But I have, in the past, seen hackers use noclip hacks and get underground to shoot upward at people.
  13. Cheetoh

Which is why I've given up hope of ever completing any of the directives. I'm on the last stage for my combat medic. The 1200 kill requirement is OK, but the chances of me getting 300 savior kills or 800 enemy medic kills along with earning 250 revive, healing, and shielding ribbons each is slim to none. Maybe when the game population was at its peak it was doable in a reasonable amount of time, but the game pop is about 1/3 of that nowadays. I've done the math using my current percentages, and I'll need about 7000 kills to reach 800 enemy medic or 300 savior kills. Given I'm lucky to get 50 kills per evening of play while still working on my ribbons means it's never gonna happen. There just isn't enough people playing to justify those steep requirements. Grinding 4 - 6 months straight as nothing but medic just for cosmetic armor is a big turnoff. I like to play other classes too you know.

I guess I could cheese it with a friend, but then that would be cheating. :/
  14. Gargamel001

15. BULLET010

000O00OOO000000OOO000000 is a blatant hacker. Speedhacking and aimbotting; I watched him cap a point by himself, killing off a rush of about TR. I pressed Tab and watched his kill count go up every second or so. An obvious shi.tter. And although there's not many who hack outright like he does, it makes me wonder how many hack casually, every now and then. Or use hacks like no recoil or heat weapons, which are harder to recognize.
    Not sure how long you have been playing, but I started around six to eight months after ps2 got started. And it was great. There was always admins around. And broadcasts to report any hackers. Plus they were building their anticheat system. Basically, SOE took a hard stance on hacking, because prior to that people were saying it was hackfest. Then the layoff happened. No more admins. No more broadcasts. And overtime, you would speed hackers here and there. Basically harmless. And now that 0000 guy. Sad thing is nothing will be done until you see many more like him. Anyway, if I was a member, I'd think about putting money into other games.
  16. BULLET010

DAMN. That's so sad it's funny. That the anticheat system doesn't catch things like this. At least the guys who I run into, the really good ones who are legit range around 5 or 6+ KD. But 99, DAMN!
  17. Shatters

Of course im gonna pick numbers from last weekend. Loads of people cant play during workdays. Also, H1Z1 only has steam users. While they probably still have more people, its far from 1k vs 16k players.

PS2 runs fine on my computer, fluctuating from 100 in warpgate to 40 FPS in large battles. Note that everything except my graphc card is ~4 years old now (and it was a budget system when i bought it).
    Yes, PS2 is an computer-intensive game, but thats because of how the game works.

Do you play on cobalt? I suppose not, because during prime hours I will almost always be able to find at least one 96x96 fight and a few 48x48 fights.

Also, guildwars2 is not comparable (yes, i do play it, got 10,5k AP and playing since launch) since WvW shuts down when all 3 servers meet each other at stonemist (extreme skill lagg, can only use autoattack) . And that would be about ~150 people max, on the server in total, instead of ~1k players PS2 has on a single map.
    GW2 does have a higher population, thats for sure. But in terms of large-scale combat PS2 is doing 10 times better.

Which game exceeds ps2 population levels exactly? Even guildwars2 cant manage more then 150 people in one map before creating an overflow map.

[/quote]
    32x32 on one server is an entirely different thing then 1000 people on 1 server and ~200 people in one fight. And like GW2 and newer MMO's, emphasis on the CPU is a trend we are seeing more often these days.
  18. Shatters

And yet I dont have trouble killing 99.9% of the population in this game. Either all the cheaters in this game are extremely bad or there are just a few cheaters and your huge ego has to blame something else then your personal skill.

Inb4 being called a cheater because I dont think there are that many cheaters around.
  19. JustBoo

I too have seen a dramatic increase of "funny business" going on lately.

This guy has a K/D of INFINITY. Not a typo, it's INFINITY.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8262937017480135745

Yeah. To all the people denying the existence of hackers, one thing almost never lies. It's the proof of supply and demand. If there are almost no hackers, then why all the hacks that are available, even ones that cost money, if no one is buying them or using them?

Oh no, what now Deniers. Get a hack to change the posts and opinions of people?
  20. Shatters

literally nobody is saying that there are no hackers.
    People are saying there are barely any hackers. Not unlike some people in this thread going like "OMG half the playerbase is hacking OMFG".