Whats with all the hackers this last week

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jubikus, May 28, 2015.

1. ThuddenBlunder

Judging from your posts on the subject, it looks like hack sites deploy astroturfers too.
    • Up x 2
  2. OldCuban

Yeah, that's not accurate in any way bekla.

I'll agree that there are indeed hackers in game, more so than usual as of late. All due to the nonsense going on in H1Z1.

But you can't think it's such a large number of the player base. I myself have been called a hacker multiple times and I suck!

Most people are quick to call someone a hacker simply because: 1) it makes them feel better, 2) it places the blame for your death on someone else, and 3) are incapable of understanding that there are better players out there than themselves.

This is why when you do indeed see a hacker it's so obvious! They stand out really well!

The first guy you described could have seen you while you were uncloaked briefly and guessed at your location while cloaked. I've done it and have been called a hacker for it as well.

The second dude however......over the years ANY player with names like THAT guy are almost always hackers. What you described does indeed sound like hacking and can't be blamed on lag, imho. However, I'd suggest recording it next time.

People are quick to call someone a hacker, but just as quick to call you a noob and blame it on lag or in game issues. Not to say the game doesn't have issues, it does indeed. But as I stated before, the blatant hackers are....well....blatant.
    • Up x 2
  3. DQCraze

Unchecked hackers is a sure sign the game is circling the drain. Look at any game in the history of gaming, they always start running rampant in the last quarter of the games life.
  4. HadesR

It's a good job that for the most part that they can be avoided .. Might be different if this game had an instanced mode where they had greater impact ... ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. Mighty_Neckbeard

I am shocked, SHOCKED by your baseless allegation that someone named 000O00OOO000000OOO000000 could be a hacker.

sincerly
    -IIIIIIllll1lIIIIilIllllIIIllll1lI

Member since 2:23pm PST today.
    • Up x 2
  6. Pratham

lol, there was a guy with a very similar name to that just the other day on Emerald, VS side. Even WE, as VS, were reporting him. As infantry, he had something like 130 kills in a 10-15 minute amp station fight.

Yup, and this is a very good way to tell if someone is cheating. The recoil in this game can be compensated for to near perfection at close ranges, but at distances? Nah. When someone just sprays a Gauss Saw at me from 100m away and no bullets miss, they're cheating or extremely lucky. If it happens 2 times, then that lucky thing starts to go away very quickly. When someone does it 6 times in a 10 min span, I have no doubt in my mind that they're cheating, and yet, the majority of players will claim that that person "is just that good". It's pathetic.

The internet is so full of information, please use it people. If you honestly think that 99.9% of players are legit, please go do a quick search for cheats for this game. Or for CoD. Or for CS, or BF. They're out there in huge numbers.
    • Up x 2
  7. Turekson

I got killed yesterday by a NC smg infiltrator that was ~100m away in an instant, you could see all the shots coming in a neat line straight to my head. This has happened to me a few times per week on average last couple of months or so. Typically it's a smg infiltrator that kills me dead from full health at ridiculous ranges before I even know whats happening, or maybe they're just the ones that are more obvious and thus easier for me to call out.

During the same play session I saw a flying magrider over Amerish (tried to spot it but no avail). Before that I also saw a few MBTs across factions that were parked suspiciously high on the mountains. I was initially skeptic and gave them the benefit of doubt since the physics seem to be a little different now and you can climb steeper hills at least with infantry, but after witnessing the flying magrider not so much anymore.
  8. Pratham

There's a cheat that will let you teleport your vehicle to you. Nope, not making **** up, and not kidding either.
  9. Turekson

This would apply neatly to the examples I saw, since they were all in places that you could reach by foot. A few of them actually were on the mountain slopes just under base walkways and similar places where you can just drop yourself as infantry.
  10. Jubikus

Thats how i know he was a hacker i was STALKER since i spawned in the biolab i was never out of cloak ide move till it was fairly low stop and let it recharge while still cloaked while i was working around the edge of the biolab to get to the front pad where i had heard him earlier spammin away at the door fight he shot me from the next base while i was recharging in deep cloak because they had been pushed off the pad . Like i said the only for sure hack this proves is esp that doesnt mean he will have any spectacular stat at all it only means he knows where people are even if it would be normally impossible to see a cloaked person from that distance. And i play alot of infiltator im well aware of the distance in which you can start seeing cloak as its 20ish meters and kind of sucks but were talking well over 100+ here.
  11. Jubikus

For the most part this is true unfortunately for me my experiences here were between the hours of 1-4 am where there really is only 1 fight going on and some minor 1-3 people ghost skirmishes and the hacker is at the only decent fight the second guy completely ruined an already 1 sided alert with the vanu having 54% population and then this hacker on top of it
  12. Jubikus

20-30% is extreamly high i may have no idea what the actual number may be but its maby 2% max like if everyone ive ever been suspicious of was actually a hacker and not just the few i know for sure because they make it really obvious and even then i doubt many of them were because you can just get good rng with your COF
  13. Pratham

Yeah, you're absolutely right. There are ESP hacks that let people see where everyone is. There are teleport hacks, both for infantry and for vehicles. I don't think I'd go as high as 20-30%, but a solid 5-10% are cheating for sure.

I was reading on one forum with some 200-300 people that were active in the threads, all using hacks for this game. And I can promise that there are a lot more on that site alone that just don't talk in the forums.
  14. HAYMAKER

There have been a few incidents where cheaters have been lurking on Miller. I've encountered 2 guys doing the same thing. Might also just be the same person. But he/she plays as a TR-Max speedhacking throught bases and through the air. Sitting under spawnrooms and killing players as they spawn. Hitting up to 1000+ kills in an alert.
  15. SNAFUS

Hacks have historically come in waves for PS2. Every time the hack websites create new versions we get a wave of cheaters. Though the amount of cheaters varies, there has been a significant increase on Connery to this past month.
  16. Jubikus

Yea i just hope the wave doesn't stay because were under new management that may not give a **** about putting resources into getting rid of the hackers
  17. Kirppu1

He is
  18. Kirppu1

and on miller, although on miller they are more subtle about it
  19. pnkdth

All aimbots aren't set to constant HS. Many people facing this player might just think "oh, good aim and situational awareness." Indeed, even just an ESP cheat will turn a decent player into near godlike skill because this player will find and pre-fire correctly every single time. This correlated with the extreme overall accuracy 50-80% and high KPM.

This happened to a long standing leader of one of the most prolific TR outfits on Miller. Everyone thought he was a really skilled player but it turned out he had been using ESP cheats all this time. Yes, he was a BR100. I have no doubt there are more like him. All hiding behind high BR and outfit name. A very small minority, of course, but they're around.

I imagine it is quite addictive for these ESP cheaters to keep going. They get recognition of the good kind on the boards and praised in game. I mean, most people here will actually defend them.
    • Up x 3
  20. NinjaTurtle

Pretty much this.

There are obviously a small minority of people using more subtle hacks you'd be naive to think otherwise.

Problem is there is no way to tell in game as it can look like just good play. How did this Miller player even get discovered? If he went so long undetected I am surprised he was even caught