Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. TrueDanny

We have a video for you to segment if you wish, though it is a bit long. But its HQ editing.
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Send things to fanspam@planetside2.com with "FNO" in the title. :)
  3. VaporCZ

I had a cool event idea, A HUGE bridge battle at the impact site bridge. no air or vehicles just infantry, start at each end and see who can make it to the other side
  4. Irondove

event ideas:

1) tank soup at j908--> how many tanks can fit in the crater.
    2) stunt/ circuit course with flash

3) celebrating popular holidays with fireworks
    4) new customizations showed off or players show up with customized gear ( halloween party ending with a orbital stirke?)

5) outfit vs outfit competitions: outfit that wins gets a formal introduction and "game through there eyes" for an hour online stream.
    6) dev spotlight or "an in the know" upcoming feature release.

7) fan art and story spotlight? by faction, class, theme, gun, vehicle, story etc..winner's work featured on website.
    8) see how the devs play or think about game...curious what they think about that new fix they implemented versus sniping some poor infiltrator with a rocket launcher. -->> would laugh if Tray did this to Higby.
  5. shinjorai

I think it would be very interesting if you got some veteran outfits from PS1 together with some brand new smaller PS 2 less established outfits that were new to the planetside community and have a dicussion between all of them and see how their approches differed on running their outfits. I think alot of people might find that interesting as well as it would be helpful to the whole community who had outfits to get insight on what works and what doesnt and if nothing else to see different viewpoints on battlefield tactics, types of outfits and communities etc. It would also give people a view into what makes the community tick and show them how varied and what a truly quilt of many colors it is. Kindve show that planetside has something to appeal to all kinds of gamers no matter their playstyle theres an outift out there for them.

Btw I really love all of this stuff you and your team is doing and how youre actually participating in the community. It really gives planetside 2 a human face and is just awesome beyond words the level of participation on your part. Great job on the community involvement and building such an epic game Devs.
    • Up x 2
  6. planitsider

Need for speed like p1mping of vehicle.
    planetside 2 p1mp mij tank stuf
  7. Greenies

more EU(/AUS/...) community events
  8. Neurotoxin

Slaphappy Turret Defense

Slaphappy Turret Defense is a team game. Two or three factions can participate, but it needs a controlled environment where only participants can access the area of play. The way that the Slaphappy Turret Defense works is that all teams may only fight with melee attacks. One team defends their tower, and may use any class other than MAX. The assaulting team (or teams) may only use Light Assault and Infiltrator. Defenders may heal / revive / repair allies.

The goal of the attacking team(s) is to hack and get into all of the enemy base turrets, at which point the round ends and the attacking team scores the maximum amount of points for the round, and the teams switch sides. Defenders may not occupy turrets to prevent hacking, but they may hack them back to prevent attackers from scoring.

At the start of each round, the attacking team may place one S-AMS Sunderer, no less than one Sunderer's length in distance from any of the tower doorways.

Otherwise, rounds can be resolved in three other ways:

Time Intervals - Each team gets a certain time interval to complete their task. Attacker points are scored per each turret successfully taken (must be hacked when the time interval ends) and defender points are scored for every turret that isn't hacked by the end of the time interval.

Time to Completion - Both teams have to hold out until every turret has been taken. Once this is finished, time spent to complete is compared between the two, and the final score is the difference between two times.

One Life - Attacking and defending team players may not redeploy after being slain, and the S-AMS is not used at all. The attacking team is allowed to have medics in addition to infiltrator and light assault. All attackers that are not in turrets when the rest of the attackers have been slain earn points for their team. If attackers manage to slay the entire defending force, they get the full amount of points for the round.
  9. DruPhred

That gives me an awesome idea!!! The Deves should make a giant Robot Troll that all sides have to destroy at one of the huge bases. Made out of tanks and scrap parts and random things... vangard for hands and AA turrets for shoulders and all that. What do ya think??

For those who think it's a terrible idea I'm sorry, I played WAY TO MUCH D&D and Mech Warrior in my youth. :D
  10. Razor_01

You mean like a b.a.s.t.a.r.d.i.z.e.d. Voltron? hehe. Sounds like it could be fun on occasion. :)
  11. Trogdor

I got an awesome idea for FNO. A sniper competition. Volunteers from each empire are encouraged to run through the canyon near the stronghold. 5 people from each faction will be on the canyon cliffs. Each sniper will start a new character and given only the ammo given to a default infiltrator, one scope attachment of there choosing, and a forward grip for the rifle. The team with the most kills of enemy faction players wins. Idea needs expansion but i think it would be fun.
  12. Trogdor

J908 Flash Destruction Derby.

Each entrant will be given a flash equipped with 1 weapon of there choosing.

Each team will have an equal number of combatants. Preferably a full platoon.

The arena will be inside j908 Impact Site. and limited to the crater.

Impassable force shields will be placed blocking combatants from entering the bases structures and camping out till the battle is over.

Each faction will start on the top ridge of a predefined 1/3 of the crater.

When the Derby starts all teams will clash in the middle. and unleash death on all that get in the way.

The last man standing wins it for the team.
  13. Kophka

With the new Esamir continent coming out, we need a Death Race on it! Make it a community wide event with sign ups for :

Flash Racers and Sunderer Racers, Air Opposition (the guys that try to kill the racers), and Ground Opposition (tanks and sunderers).

Make it a 2 stage race - From the TR warpgate to the NC Warpgate, then 5 minute rest and repair (starting from when the first racer reaches the NC Warpgate), then from the NC warpgate to the Vanu Warpgate.

Give away prizes!

Top 3 Flash and Sunderer drivers get a prize, top 5 (it's a thankless job) Racer Killers for each Opposition class get prizes.
  14. Kosan

YO! It would be very helpful to see your squad mates in a vehicle on the map. Also the tail gunner in the liberator should get the same bonus for the the kill the pilot gets when the main gunner makes a kill. It's lonely back there sometimes those gunners should get some love too maaaaaannnnnn. :cool:
  15. BennyBurner

MOAR DEATH RACES!!!!!
    I loved that event more than anything else I've participated in while FNO has been running...
  16. Luperza Community Manager

LOL! Awesome. :)
    • Up x 2
  17. FeverdDreams

Love the ideas too however: For new players going into the game it could be really usefull to hear the adds from outfits considering that I like many (probably others) Had no idea how to join one because you cant access them direct in game. I also think they would be great community created sound bites and cool things like that.

Maybe also news on the half hour on status of other servers and where the big battles are happening? Would be great...

All and all, love what you have so far.
  18. PeterLawford

Anthony Gallegos over at IGN has done a couple of PS2 gameplay videos recently, which have been him kind of wandering around aimlessly. He seems pretty into it, but he doesn't quite know what he's doing. So I think it might not be a bad idea to invite him to participate in FNO. He's like the PC guy at IGN, so the more he knows about PlanetSide 2, the better.
  19. CallsignCrazed

I personally enjoy the idea of having a night called "Class Night" Wear everyone watching the stream plays the class luperza names. It gives those who have only played one class a chance to understand another class, and overall, its fun to mix it up.
  20. Deathcapt

Single Elimination Galaxy Wrestling.

Rules are simple, 2 players spawn galaxies, they must both remain inside the warp-gate bubble.

Using only ramming/flipping / bumping, you must attempt to destroy the other galaxy, while surviving. If both galaxies explode simultaneously, the kill spam will determine the winner. Who-ever died first loses, bailing from the galaxy is immediate forfeit.