[Video] Hitreg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Matti, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leftconsin

I play Forumside.
    • Up x 4
  2. Haquim

Yes we do. Also some of us watch stuff very closely. I can't do this for myself since I still can't record with PS2.
    Actually the guys in front of me are right. We are pencil pushers playing forumside numbergames only :cool:
    What weapon are you using? I can't identify the weapon by its looks.

Whatever the weapon, I counted 10 to 12 hits, no HS, although its hard to discern the missing tracers and the HIT! sparks.
    Since the guy is a heavy assault of all things and we don't know his shield charge when you started shooting I'm simply going to assume its 600hp at that moment.
    Afaik, it is 500HP life, 500HP personal shield and up to 700HP overschield.
    If your weapon is 125 dmg tier that would be 1250 to 1500 damage, which would fit his remaining health pretty well.
    If it is 143 dmg tier its 1430 to 1713 damage, but a level 14 might already have level 3 nanoweave, maybe higher if he is really focusing on this class, so even that might be survivable.

Not saying that hitdetection is generally OK, but this is propably just bad luck with your CoF and maybe a single bullet not registering.

EDIT: Just want to add - looking at it at 0.25 speed... I never realized you need to lead your target even at those little ranges :eek:
    • Up x 5
  3. Ragnarox

I counted 8 hits but no dmg. Well I know how you feel because I think only VS weapons have that problem. I tried TR and NC and they hit every shot (almost every but better than VS). Use shotguns, they also dont register all pellet hits but at least I kill someone in CQC. Someone were messing with TR and NC hitboxes making them gods.
  4. Nailhimself

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. hostilechild

Nah i have trouble at times on my NC where I will be within 10m shooting into a standing targets back and half the hits not register.

Other times its like the COF blooms way faster than it should (like it thinks you jumped or ran but you were standing still) Even seen shotgun blasts with first shot 10m from a wall as big as a door, or fire a carbine and have an almost perfect basketball size hole in middle.

Luckily these are rare events but annoying as hell when it happens. Just like the ones where you see 20 X hits but they don't die as packets went to the big bit bucket in the sky.
  6. Degenatron

You know, it may be "magical thinking" on my behalf, but over the last couple of days I'd been extremely frustrated with with spotty hitreg, just like in your video. I even noticed that sometimes, I couldn't even see tracers leaving my gun. My KDR had dropped drastically. But it had all just cropped up over the last few days, so I thought back to what I had changed on my kits. Turns out, I had loaded SPA onto my close range kits and HVA on my long range kits. So, I removed those from my kits as a test and saw an immediate improvement in hitreg and kills. Now, I won't discount that it was just me not properly compensating for the different ammo speeds, but there were many cases, just like in your video, where the muzzle velocity should have made no difference, but I was still not seeing any hits. I'm wondering if there may be a glitch in the alternative ammo types that are causing them not to register.
    • Up x 1
  7. Matti

Actually, looking at the slow motion you can see how the bullets hit and some particle stuff bounces off
    the NC model without and hitreg. I think that is what you actually see
  8. KnightCole

LOL, you didnt honestly see him hititng every shot on that first HA? Yeah Matti, thats the kind of **** I see in this game all the damn time, its why I deleted my BR67, I just plain got tired of this **** after a year of it. And its not fixed and will never be. THis games overall performance has tanked and I dont see it improving. My PC, while not top of the line, used to play thisgame with no issues on medium settings and even in moderately sized fights...now, I get lag and stutters, poor hit detect and all sorts of stupid **** on low...

Oh and if hte game was functioning properly, that HA would have been dead before he turned around.....
    • Up x 2
  9. pnkdth

Using Pulsar C by the looks/sound of it. Going full auto with it like that is generally not a good idea due to the Pulsar C's side to side recoil. Even with an AFG it gets quite bad when going full auto. Most of the time it doesn't matter but when it comes to moving targets, the Pulsar C wants you to burst more. Add in the weapon's low RoF and each missed shot hurts your TTK a lot(especially against a HA).

Also, you lost track of target when he reacted to you, you flailed, and reloaded before getting the kill.
    • Up x 1
  10. Shaengar

I thought the same first, but watch again: Before second 15 its clearly the particels you mentioned, but on second 15-16 you can see thats its the bullets flying by.

I am pretty sure that the big Cone of Fire after flying/jumping caused you to miss a few shots. That plus Overshield was enough to not kill the heavy in the time it normally takes to bring one down.
    It happens to me particluarly often when I am using shotguns as a LA. Sometimes I land right in front of an enemy, start firing and miss all my shots due to the CoF being affected by the use of jumpjets.

I admit that this game has some issues with hitdetection but this doesn't seem to be the problem here.
    Neither is it a mistake in leading by the way. Not on that distance.
    • Up x 1
  11. Klypto

Saw nothing wrong.

Cone of Fire.

It exists.
    • Up x 9
  12. Risae

Matti, thanks for the video. As always people are too green behind the ears to see the latency and sync issue that is taking place here.
    Reason why you didnt hit him: your and possibly his ping was above average, this caused a lag in the sync between the enemy youre seeing and the position the playrr is actually. For him, you shot behind him the whole time and miss him making it look like hes actually cheating, taking unlimited bullets and even showinv the armor animation without anything actually happening on his screen

Tl;dr: game is ****, go back to latency master counter strike 1.6
    • Up x 1
  13. illuminati

Hit reg is broken, sometimes takes me half a clip of connected shots to kill someone. I am trying to make videos of it so I can explain it more detail, some weapons are fine others are not.
    • Up x 1
  14. -MJ12-

I count 5-6 hits, the rest of the bullets are going too far left (and too far right when he changes direction at the end). Also one of the shots is registered as a headshot.
    That means = 1002-1169 dmg.
    Considering the enemy is more than 10 meters away and probably using nanoweave armor, I don't see a problem here since he was left with 20% of his health.

VS weapons have a small COF when going full auto, but they still have one. ;)
    • Up x 2
  15. DarkJackal

Seems about right for being around the 40 FPS ballpark which is what I was reading at the bottom left hand side and something that I've learned to monitor constantly for PS2. You're video is that experience, and I've played with this for a long time, where it seems like you're in slo-mo and the other guy is moving much faster than expected with the tell-tale snap-to-you around 4-5 second mark which is really just client-side madness. I've dumped ammo into people before which seems like an eternity at times only for stuff like that to happen in the video. At least, it isn't all the time like that but certain places are dead zones for me to play on (Scarred Mesa Rock or most of Hossin as examples).
  16. FieldMarshall

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  17. Alan Kalane

Matti, I have to say I didn't like the video.
    Not because I think you're wrong or something... Maybe you're right and that was a problem with hit detection...

But it doesn't matter. The thing is that in 99% the complaints about hitreg are just an easy excuse for missing. By making this video you showed other players that you agree with their complaints. They can now cheat themselves even more efficiently because you gave them a bad example. They can now say "See? I was right! MattiAce just confirmed that!" and blame SOE for something that in most cases was their own fault. This is a bad attitude towards the game, to blame hitreg for missing. And when someone gets pissed off about "hitreg problems" he is more likely to leave the game because of it or become toxic towards the community. So, even if you're sure're right, perhaps it's a good idea to save it for yourself.
    • Up x 3
  18. ajma

I see hit reg working mostly fine here.
    • Up x 6
  19. Hatesphere

looks like a cone of fire issue to me.
    • Up x 7
  20. FieldMarshall

Hitreg is bad sometimes, but thats not why you didnt hit your target in this video.
    Here is the breakdown of what i saw. Including the comments here and on Youtube.

You missed a few shots and died but couldnt handle it, made a complain video about it blaming hitreg.
    Then got called out on it.
    Then replied with the most condescending stuff i have seen in a while: "i make tutorials on aiming. You are too inexperienced to understand what its like for top players like me. Watch my videos because you need to learn how this works"
    Even when people pointed out numerous reasons why you missed a few shots. Just jumped, cof etc. "No, no. I dont miss. I make tutorials. I have ace in my name"
    Its ok to be wrong.
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.